The Dao of the Bizarre Immortal team!

Jaspaaar

10 minutes ago, megaautist said:

what's the process of translating like for you guys? like, what goes on behind the scenes to produce the chapters we end up seeing? also, what do each of you do?

Char and ChaCha work on translating the chapters, with each of them taking up a portion of the chapters. As for me, I am the one editing the chapters, and ensuring that we have consistency in the chapters of the novel, as well as its quality. So do let me know if you have any suggestions! You can contact any of us by sending a message on here, commenting in the chapters, sending a message in the discord channel or by sending any of us a discord DM.

first,I think you have several mistakes in the translation

You say the master is a Baldy,make many people think he is a monk.But in fact he is a daoist,The original book say he is a 癞子头,Which means that Leprechaun head,or Leprosy head.In Some other places ,I think have same mistakes

Second,Those pictures are fanarts,will you pay the fans for it?

Third,  Will this novel be published on webnovel later? I hope it gets spread more widely.Thank for your translation and hope for better work

2 hours ago, thenameCant be empty said:

first,I think you have several mistakes in the translation

You say the master is a Baldy,make many people think he is a monk.But in fact he is a daoist,The original book say he is a 癞子头,Which means that Leprechaun head,or Leprosy head.In Some other places ,I think have same mistakes

Second,Those pictures are fanarts,will you pay the fans for it?

Third,  Will this novel be published on webnovel later? I hope it gets spread more widely.Thank for your translation and hope for better work

Hey thanks for the great questions! So for the first one, we were in a heated debate when we first translated it. Calling him Leprosy Head doesn't sound right in informal speech so we settled on Baldy because 1. Leprosy causes bald patches and 2. it sounds more natural in informal speech.

Second question! We don't pay the artist because we don't use it for commercial causes. For this novel, I share the fan art and give credit to the artist, including their handle and where to find their artwork. We don't use it to advertise or promote the novel but rather to give readers a better sense of how the characters may look like. 

As for the webnovel and paper book, that's up for further discussion with the author, publisher, and the team at Wuxiaworld. We don't know if we will get it but it's very exciting if we could! The novel is quite famous in China with a decent fan base and even talks of getting it animated.

• Like 1