Hero's Adventure - Pixelated Wuxia RPG Full Release Announcement & Giveaway - Carve Your Wuxia Journey

Greetings, Wuxiaworld community, and fellow Wuxia enthusiasts 😄

It brings us immense joy to join forces with Wuxiaworld.com to celebrate our launch and introduce ourselves as the passionate creators behind Hero’s Adventure: Road to Passion—a pixelated open-world RPG that stands as our homage to the rich world of Wuxia. This marks our first intro to the Western audience after 9 months of early access and we couldn't have chosen a more fitting place to embark on this journey and celebrate the launch than the warm and welcoming Wuxia community.

We extend a heartfelt invitation to you to explore what we've crafted - to pursue your Wuxia dreams and carve out your own unique story. 

image.png.3bb9acf35d956d164a91f48cdd6ff91e.png

About Hero’s Adventure

Hero’s Adventure on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1948980/Heros_AdventureRoad_to_Passion/

In Hero's Adventure: Road to Passion, you commence your journey as an underdog in the tumultuous Jianghu - a vibrant world teeming with martial artists - and are met with a wide array of choices as you navigate your heroic saga. Whether it’s training under a battle-hardened warrior to become a master of martial arts, or following Taoist rituals to reach self-enlightenment, you – the player is the hero, and this is your adventure.

Key Features

• A Breathing Pixelated Open-world: Immerse yourself in a living, breathing open-world, free to roam and explore. The real-time system empowers AI-driven NPCs with unique actions, making every encounter feel dynamic. 

image.thumb.jpeg.7224e0bb2fc23fd4c5e5763c9e000e7a.jpeg

• Branching Stories & Choices: Say goodbye to fixed storylines and predetermined paths. Navigate a world bursting with choices, script your own story, and let your actions define your journey

image.thumb.png.60017df914c97ec723a29fbc3b097278.png  

• Character Progression & Becoming a Hero: Level up by mastering martial arts through challenges, hidden quests, and meaningful interactions with NPCs. Build relationships (you might even recruit them to your team!)

image.thumb.png.e88619d37e88d008fe830032bc62deb6.png

• Multi, Open-ended Endings: Unlock 30+ unique endings based on your chosen path and your interpretation of Wuxia. The journey to becoming a hero is about more than just raw power.
    武林盟主.png

Giveaway Event!

Now, for the exciting part (at least, we hope it is!)—we're sharing the excitement of the launch by giving away 10 keys. Here's how you can dive straight into the action.

• 【How to enter】: Drop your comment on the question down below: "If you or your favorite Wuxia novel character could step into the world of Hero's Adventure or any Wuxiaworld, who would they be, and what kind of quests, skills, or artifacts would best complement their Wuxia persona?"
  • 【How to win】 – 10 random raffle winners picked from all comments
  • 【Event Duration】The event kicks off on the 16th and concludes on the 26th.

image.thumb.jpeg.d452b54f2c02e0a9a17444829a7cca55.jpeg

Excited to hear your take on wuxia and your thoughts on a hero’s adventure! A massive thank you to the Wuxiwworld team for hooking us up with this opportunity and we sincerely hope you find delight in and enjoy the game.

Let the story unfold. If you're interested, follow us on Twitter for behind-the-scenes content, and or come have a chat with us/hero's adventure fans in our Discord

See you around 😄

“Heroes aren't born, they're forged in the fires of determination and the honing of spirits"

Edited by HerosAdventure
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Guo Jing has always been a favourite character of mine, his selflessness and his will to defend the people is what draws me to his character.

And if he were to go to another world, I dont think he would change at all. He would continue to defend the people at all cost, his quests could potentially be about how our character could aid him in different battles and maybe even ultimately conquer the world or become an emperor depending on the story line.

I think its best to have him have the same set of skill as portrayed in the novel, like Jiu Ying Zhen Jing, Xiang Long Shi Ba Zhang etc.

As he is mainly a palm user he didnt have any weapons or artifacts, but I think we can give him some sort of armor or glove to make him better utilise his skills.

Edited by majiachen
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

I already bought and played this game during Early Access and frankly it was polished and felt mostly complete even then. It's well worth the price and and imo, as someone who's been researching and reading and translating wuxia (not cultivation novels!) for around 15 years, this game is way up there for a good wuxia experience. Feels like you're roaming the jianghu as you decide through your decisions--who you join, who you help, who you don't help, who you befriend and recruit--what the main story of the game will be. As such there are multiple endings and you won't be 100% the game in one playthrough. It strikes a nice balance of using old wuxia tropes while still creating its own world. It doesn't get bogged down in pastiche, merely checking the boxes of what a wuxia experience ought to have. 

You can join whatever sect or gang you want, you can annihilate them completely. You can wipe out villages, you can make sect leaders submit to your superior skills. You can have pets. There's tournaments, different ways to level up, such as burning incense, praying, etc. There's acupoint striking where you can immobilize people and take their stuff. There's gambling. The towns feel populated, not just a tiny bare map with little to do.

For those inevitably wondering how this compares to the recently released Wandering Sword, imo WS has really fun combat but the story is more linear, not particularly well-written, and there's less to do overall. Still a good game worth getting, but for me, Hero's Adventure beats it in every category except arguably the soundtrack.

Note that this game is wuxia, not xuanhuan or xianxia. 

Overall, Hero's Adventure is a really good wuxia game, and I think it is the best game currently on the market in English to introduce people to the wuxia genre. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My favourite is Huang Rong(黄蓉) as a character that could step into the world of wu xia. Mainly is because of how her cheeky and how smart is she as a character. So story build around her would be quite funny imo. Also how she gets involve with the beggar sect. Beggar sect also can be a big part in defending homeland story and how villians stealing the sect’s “beating dog’s staff”(打狗棒). As a character in the world, we could help her get back the staff and maybe she could reward us with the “beating dog’s staff kung fu”(打狗棒法) or “Eighteen Dragon Subduing Palm”(降龙十八掌). Could also be one of the sect exist to join as a reward.

• Like 1

I think the most interesting wuxia related character I have came across is HongJiu (洪九) from 武林之王的退隐生活. He is 大罗山门下二弟子,丐帮少帮主,夜罗堡二当家.

If you have read this novel before, you will know that this character has the most horrible luck in the whole universe. Imagine creating a whole line of quest based on bad luck.

He is skilled in palm technique (《大罗五神经》中的《神掌经》)。Hence equipment for him will be very limited. Probably, he can learn skills from other type of weapons up to top 2nd tier. 

Another quest line could be following the footsteps or clear the mess of 大当家,明非真 or 大罗山现任掌门,明化语 would be very interesting. Quest like pay debts, avoid debtors, settle 情债, avoid screwing all quest with inherent bad luck would be interesting too.

• Like 1

I think I would have to go for Ji Ning from Desolate Era. There is no particular one singular flashy technique I would name, save for perhaps the 5 ultimate forms of the Brightmoon Sword Art.

What I like is that rather than big flashy techniques created by somebody else, it's best if you make your own techniques like building a model out of small individual pieces, that can then get fused together into bigger and better techniques, until eventually you reach the very essence of the Dao itself. I Eat Tomatoes (我吃西红柿) novels are great for this.

As for items and quests, rather than being reliant on supreme one-of-a-kind mystic treasures or incredible cultivation techniques, while fighting arrogant young masters or anything like that; Ji Ning and Desolate Era are all about training and inner cultivation. The Starseizing Manor is one of the most important item + locations, offering a large variety of opportunities to train in various difficult trials for Ji Ning in order to earn helpful profound artifacts and other things during the first half of the novel and could make for an interesting quest hub for both gaining new items & tecniques as well as practicing and training existing ones.

• Like 4

I guess Tang San from Soul Land would be my choice of character to embark in this journey to another world. With his unique cultivation and equipment especially hidden weapon will make him formidable enough to stand against a whole new kind of enemies who will appear along his adventures.

• Like 2

My favorite wuxia character is Yang Kai from Martial Peak. He's a spear user for the most part, his spear skill is called Great Unrestrained Spear Technique and he invents it by himself through training, relying on his own experiences and life choices.

Another one of his signature moves is Blossoming Lotus from Seven Colored Soul Warming Lotus. It's one of the two supreme treasure lotuses, allowing one to nourish and protect his soul so this skill does soul damage to the opponent which is very rare. But your soul strength should be higher than opponent to take effect, tho Soul Warming Lotus helps with that and it's extremely difficult for others to cultivate soul or get soul techniques.

His third ability is Space Blade. Altho he's a spear user mostly during later chapters of his adventures this skill comes from his Dao of Space understanding, not from the weapon. It can tear space and slice enemies in two. He has a few other space skills but this one is among the earliest ones and helps him survive a lot of encounters.

As for artifacts, aside from his most unique Lotus there's another signature one - soul devouring insects. While Soul Warming Lotus acts as a protection measure most of the time and can be used in critical situations to get an upper hand this treasure lets you attacj your enemies with  wasting your own soul power. With constant growing soul devouring insects can even destroy world, they're the ultimate nemesis of all soul related beings and entities, realm included. He got it by chance from one of the strong cultivators then trained to use them through a lot of chapters.

As for possible quests, Yang Kai is known to oppose enemies a lot stronger than him and slowly overcoming the odds through growing in the middle of the battles,  lucky encounters, self invented techniques or ... simply running away when he's powerless. It's very common for him to get chased by a lot of people but the Dao of Space helps him get away most of the time. I think his quests should be tied to helping beautiful women cause he had a lot of encounters with women through the years and got close with a lot of them, later they became his wives.

Seeing form Youtube I think this game's MC is similar to YK in some ways, they both like to adventure, face difficulty ...get acqueinted with beautiful women but YK's personality is more harsh due to circumstances and environment while MC is more cheery like he knows nothing bad can happen or maybe it's due to his very young age.

Edited by MoNaYe

Would love to try the game.

I like Zhuo Fan from Magic Emperor. He would definitely be the equivalent of the heavenly demon or a rogue demonic cultivator. He would ask you to help him with a simple task and those very task would, without your knowledge, spell the doom for your sect or would make random factions hate you. The only way to clear his quest perfectly would be from learning what not to do the next time from doing multiple playthrough.

He would reward you with an ultimate that inflicts a whole lot of internal injuries when the quest is perfectly completed or a gift/ poison that makes anybody relation's climb to 100

I'd say nine star hegemon body art's main character Long Chen as he is just funny to read with all his face slapping. He would get attached to all his sect members throughout his cultivation journey and fight for them. He would focus on martial techniques and using great sword artifacts. He would make a lot of pills as he is a warrior alchemist. He would refuse to surrender to those stronger to them and would rather die then run away. He would take quest to protect people and to destroy sects who he thinks wronged him. He would use a multitude of skills like his world extermonation lotus and sword arts for great swords.

• Haha 1

Hmm... wuxia characters... a lot of what I read are more xianxia (Still love wuxia, played more than a few games in the genre which I'm so happy is taking off on Steam), but I can think a weird one, which is Soh Woonhwi from Absolute Sword Sense. Would be quite interesting with his ability to talk to swords, making for some really interesting quest lines, and could add another layer to character progression. Also means he could find different martial masters swords, and learn their techniques from them; so if you really liked that enemies technique, take his sword, befriend it, learn the technique from it! Also would be interesting to see how he progresses with his main cultivation technique working with core energy as his dantian was destroyed. 

30+ endings... Boy I hope the game has enough replayability (perhaps the ability to just redo something at the end) for me to get them all without getting bored and moving on. To elaborate on this: I mean in one go. To elaborate on that, not in one sitting; I realize that once I drop a game with the idea of "I'll come back later" -> I will never come back. I dropped Killer7 in 2018 with that idea and I still haven't gone back; Painkiller Black Edition in 2015 and I haven't gone back; etc etc. There are too many games to play and I have very few comfort games I enjoy (for example: Slay the Spire, modded) and I actually go back to them. I'm not a representative of every person out there, but that's just my concern.

To talk about a wuxia character... Well, after looking at a list of things I've been reading, everything is a xianxia. Can I pretend to not know the difference for a moment and just pick a random character not yet brought up already? Currently, I'm enjoying reading the Peerless Battle Spirit with Mr. Main Character Qin Nan. While he sometimes travels with a companion, he tends to be alone quite a lot and if he needs something, it's decent ranged options. I dunno if he gets something to help him out on that front later on, but from what I can tell, right now his strengths fade once the enemy gets a certain distance away from him. He is pretty fast that it hasn't been a problem (also Mr. Main Character plot power/armor go brrrrrr) but if some evil Leader person were to bombard him with arrows at a distance while minions held him back, he'd have to retreat. 

Best of luck to us all in the raffle.

Edited by Dice_24K
forgot to talk about the character
  • Haha 1

I guess for me it would be Lian Nichang. You could do quests for her to help the bandits fight against corrupt officials. For skills, she'll be a very fast swordswoman, super agile and terrifyingly lethal with her strikes. When we do quests, we will be freeing up certain territories from these corrupt officials and every small region has a mini boss until you get to the crown prince. 

My favorite character to embark in this new world would be Long Chen from Nine Star Hegemon Body Art, because he could just slap some sense into everyone and anyone. As for what would suit him best, I would go with a saber or a brick due to his characteristics.

• Haha 1

I would definitely say Nie Li from TDG. That Novel was what started my whole journey into Wuxia. I got addicted so much that I started pestering my friends who don't like to read to start reading TDG. And they got addicted as well lol

I've always been trying to look for a wuxia game to play, so when I saw the post about the game I was so excited !

• Like 1

It would be nice to live in a wuxia universe as Bai Xiaochun in the book "A Will Eternal".

As a character who appreciates his friends, is sometimes funny, sometimes melancholic and quite smart, I'm sure I would live an exciting life.

Moreover, in a game where he existed, there would be fun mechanics such as ovens exploding during alchemy and throwing these ovens at the heads of enemies.

Can I mention a character from an upcoming wuxiaworld novel?

Okay, jokes aside, this looks really neat.
I might use it for reference for something I'm working on...
I hope my GPD Win Mini arrives soon so I can play it

As for my favorite character, I know it's not Wuxia (or even Xianxia for that matter), but my pick would be Mu Chen from <The Great Ruler>. I like him because he's never overly arrogant, as in, he never tries to intimidate his enemy with his glib tongue (...). He just quietly forges his path ahead.

It's always nice to see a character filled with confidence, but does not act arrogant.

The game definitely looks appealing. I am seeing reviews on some wonky English lines, but as someones who reads MTL sometimes, that should be no problem lol.

I actually had to search for Wuxia over on NU to remember what I've read. A link to that search.

Ming Feizhen, from Martial King's Retired Life, is pretty much a rouge, like Zu An from KI here on WW. Regarding items or skills, MF in MKRL can be considered a hidden-boss level character, described as OP. So, no need for skills I'd think. For items, I think both a sword and hidden needle or other hidden weapon would suit him best. A sword because they suit his outward appearance most, that of a upright official, and a needle because

Spoiler

he fights incredibly dirty in-story.

Edit: removed ugly period after spoiler box.

Edited by GenericUser837

On 11/16/2023 at 4:09 PM, Amplify said:

I think I would have to go for Ji Ning from Desolate Era. There is no particular one singular flashy technique I would name, save for perhaps the 5 ultimate forms of the Brightmoon Sword Art.

What I like is that rather than big flashy techniques created by somebody else, it's best if you make your own techniques like building a model out of small individual pieces, that can then get fused together into bigger and better techniques, until eventually you reach the very essence of the Dao itself. I Eat Tomatoes (我吃西红柿) novels are great for this.

As for items and quests, rather than being reliant on supreme one-of-a-kind mystic treasures or incredible cultivation techniques, while fighting arrogant young masters or anything like that; Ji Ning and Desolate Era are all about training and inner cultivation. The Starseizing Manor is one of the most important item + locations, offering a large variety of opportunities to train in various difficult trials for Ji Ning in order to earn helpful profound artifacts and other things during the first half of the novel and could make for an interesting quest hub for both gaining new items & tecniques as well as practicing and training existing ones.

Ji Ning and his path to the peak of dao and developing his own techniques and the logic behind it all was a fun read that I have found in only 2 other novels - Stellar Transformations & I shall seal the heavens. Other than that there was no other novel which had good at it.

If I could want a character/ to enter as a character in the game then I would like to be Han Li from 'Record of a mortal's journey to Immortality' 

Why ? The MC has a cheat item with him & he is borderline paranoid about who will betray him when & I love his caution + the hard work he does in various fields like pill refining, artefact refinement & his dual cultivation (not in that sense) as a Spirit & Body cultivatior.  His policy of doing only the bare minimum as what is needed when it comes to killing or plundering in a jianghu world is appreciated 👍 

Overall I didn't even know about this game before this post so I could get a key, I will give it a go and leave a nice review on steam cause I think I already love it! 

Song Shu Hang from Cultivation chat group!

It'll be interesting to see how a character like that will get shown in this world. I guess his abilities/skills would probably be insane luck/progression speed at the cost of something else. 

Great job with the game!

Wang Lin from Renegade Immortal

If I could jump into Hero's Adventure, I'd totally pick Wang Lin from Renegade Immortal. The guy's got this insane determination and this killer move with Corporeal Yang. Picture this: he'd be on a quest to unlock cosmic secrets and find artifacts that amp up his celestial game. Imagine him cruising through mythical realms, facing epic challenges, and just making his mark on the whole Wuxiaworld scene. It's like the ultimate adventure, you know?

Edited by AlinXun
The name of the character