Hero's Adventure - Pixelated Wuxia RPG Full Release Announcement & Giveaway - Carve Your Wuxia Journey

I would choose Cheon Yeo Woon from Nano machine because Nano machine is the first wuxia manhwa i've read and led me to read other wuxia manhwa/manhua.

Cheon Yeo Woon has a nano machine that allows him to easily learn martial arts and self healing so i think he would be one of the strongest martial artist
and his quest could probably be about helping him become the lord of the demonic cult or helping him defend from the other major factions.

Cheon Yeo Woon primarily uses swords and blades so i would give him a dual wielding martial art that allows him to use swords and blade at the same time and for artifacts i would give him Seal of the Sky allowing him to parry when attacked.

On 11/15/2023 at 9:19 PM, HerosAdventure said:

"If you or your favorite Wuxia novel character could step into the world of Hero's Adventure or any Wuxiaworld, who would they be, and what kind of quests, skills, or artifacts would best complement their Wuxia persona?"

I would love to learn the poisons, medicine, and hidden contraptions of the Tang Clan.  I think the best way to win a fight is to never be in one in the first place, and poisons and hidden weapons can help you achieve that when the peaceful way isn't an option.  Also, the fact that I could also use my medicine to help people and make a difference (and maybe a buck or two) would give me a purpose as well as an above-board life.

Your game looks great!  I'm happy that there are more and more games of the Wuxia genre being released in English!

I would like to see how Li Huowang from Dao of the Bizarre Immortal in the world of Hero's Adventure. He's already sort of stuck between the modern world and the Eldritch Wuxia world. I just think adding in a classic Wuxia into the mix would be the perfect blend of chaos. I imagine he would mainly use summoning skills, some corrupted taoist attacks, definitely have a pill furnace on hand, and going around the world, taking the weak and decrepit of this world on an adventure of a lifetime.

Ugh, this is though one of my fav. Su Yi from First Immortal of the sword. He's quite an allrounder so I'd go as a female version of such a character, but then again there's also Li Qiye, or MC like with a nice cheat like Han Li from RMJI. I like well rounded characters with much flexibility.

Ironically non of these are wuxia characters so I guess Meng Jintang from Transmigration Cheat Code (unfortunately not a wuxiaworld novel) that I recently started to read, seems rather interesting considering she's transmigrated into a wuxia game what appeals to me is rather she's obviously a gamer with a cheat system it's totally my cup of tea personality wise so it's a mix of modern & ancient times with cheats.

Edited by Angely

If I stepped into a wuxia world I would want to learn the various lightness skills the most. Stepping on trees, water and more and freely moving around would be the most exciting thing. I would learn some skills that are good at speed and simply explore the world and whenever I encounter dangerous situations use my movement skills to escape

I would bring Guo Ran from Nine Star Hegemon Body. I like how he's different from everyone else and is perceived as weak willed and always looking for a short cut. Despite that, even in the novel I can see he tries his hardest when it really matters even if his talent is worse. Moreover, I love how he puts posing as his life's goal and even states that he's fine if Long Chen is the number one poser as long as he's number two. Imagine him finally becoming his own main character in a new world and showing off as his life's mission. Just doing quests one after another to help him show off would sound quite comical yet something I'd like to see.

Hmm I guess I'd say linley Baruch from coiling dragon. One of my all time favourites and first novel read on WW when it was being translated. Can't forget our little marten friend. 

I guess the best thing to give them in game would be the ability to have a pet companion who can cultivate in their own right and have their own quest chain to give a bit of a change to the main storyline. Also a magical ring with some old hermit sprit within which can impart knowledge, skills and quests to make you op in the world 

Hello. It's awesome to see a wuxia game coming to the West. I've loved the wuxia and xianxia genre's ever since I first picked up I Shall Seal the Heavens from this site. Fittingly, I'd say my favorite character is Meng Hao from that series.

Given his drive to make money, I'm sure he'd figure out the best way to loot his surroundings and profit once he's in civilization. That said, Meng Hao had been a great master apothecary. Given that, skills relating to harvesting plants and refining specific pills would be great to use for him.

Zhang Wuji from "The Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber" because he's possibly the most well rounded character there is. He wants to heal himself and start progressing but eventually doesn't take over the country even though it seems like everything was building to that.

In terms of quests he'd probably have to deal with love-quest issues alongside political and strength based quests.

It could be fun to see him in a more power focused game/society.

I would have to say Ji Ning from Desolate Era.

He is someone extremely dedicated to training and companionship. Although he has the determination and talent to dedicate himself to training I always felt like he was a bit behind when it comes to communication. 

That's why, instead of a combat-related ability, I think a communication-related ability would be the best. That's because he puts enormous importance into it but he has no skills to make use of it. It would make up for his weakness. He is already pretty skilled in combat thanks to his talent and efforts.

He would do quests of saving random people I guess, he loves doing that lol. 

As for an artifact, a sword that suits him well is all he needs.

Edited by Erenyarrak

Looks to be a very interesting game, I am sorry I didn't know about it sooner. I always look on Steam for these sorts of games, I have purchased many but never saw this one.

I have purchased the game and look forward to playing it.

I would like to see "Long Chen" from "Nine Star Hegemon Body Art". The reason is his Divine Face Slapping Skill, no one can avoid it but it does not kill. It puts all those arrogant experts in their place.

Beyond all his power and techniques is a man who cares deeply for the bonds of family and friendship. Who would be willing to support the whole world or fight against it for those he loves. So quests in which he helps someone and through their shared challenges build the bonds of brotherhood.

Equipment-wise, you would need a heavy weapon, a large saber. For fun a glove that only has the function of marking those who are slapped with a hand print to a symbol that remains so all know, "You were slapped".

For the sake of the question, I think I’ll try using a generic wuxia world as opposed to an established series, otherwise I would cruise through life with omniscience and that goes against traditional wuxia themes imo. 

If I were to step into a wuxia world, I think I would be the type of person that would try to lay low and stay hidden. However, I know how brutal wuxia worlds tend to be, and I’m essentially orphaned, so I probably would start training in hidden weapons and qinggong techniques to survive. 

With luck, I would be taken care of and trained by a hidden master, following every (ridiculous) task he throws at me before realizing that it was all done to reclaim his sect’s honor and advertise me as his disciple. However, shortly after my propulsion into the martial arts world, I would be taken hostage by an enemy of my master and sacrifice his life for me to get away, telling me the location of his sect’s artifacts beforehand through voice transmission.

And so begins my tale of revenge…

Edited by Sarsak
formatting

Personally I'd pick Han Li, from Record of a mortal's journey to immortality. 

He's an interesting character in that he never allows his emotions to get the better of himself, I don't recall arcs where he acted in pure anger, only focusing on becoming stronger and wishing to claim immortality, the rest of it being side perks from his path. 

When Shang Xia enters the world of Hero's Adventure he starts with a crystal artifact that tells him how to get the strongest cultivation path he can walk on. He would go on quests that make him go to places full of treasures because he needs a LOT of resources for his uber cultivation path and thanks to his skill "luck of the Main Character" whenever he makes a mistake or a bad choice the world bends itself so that that it would result in a reward greater than the correct  one. He calls lightning with his palms, bends space with his spear and make people die of old age in an instant with his sword.

Definitely Xu Qing from Beyond the Timescape!

He's my favourite character from this newer round of novels, I love how he thus far has treasured his little skewer; I love when weapons grow with the users, just like Ji Ning's swords from DE! I'm also super intrigued by the setting of the novel, so quests like forming a Ghost Mountain or stealth missions like infiltrating Autumn Nethersprite's cave dwelling could be an awesome addition. 

I'd really like to be on a journey like the one Lee Shin-Woo does in Stop, Friendly fire. 

It's the thrill of absorbing skills/stats from others that does the trick for me in a weird kind of way. I seriously don't believe this is how your game works, but hey, you asked for this. 

Li Qiye from Emperor’s Domination. 

The endless war raged against the darkness, for the world’s sake even though the world and times has changed. Yet at times the character seemingly is detached from the world. 

The immortal scriptures! It’ll be amazing if the ingame character is able to focus on one or more physical body refinement art to specialize in different play style.