Best novel you have read on WW and why

I posted this too early by mistake but for me it is I Shall Seal the Heavens by Er Gen, nostalgia sure plays a big part in this ranking but I think this novel does the fundamentals really well and goes beyond that in so many ways. It's been years since I last read it but it still sticks with me when I think of a best novel. Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Er Gen novels are great (A Will Eternal and Renegade Immortal probably my favorites), though I think one of my favorite novels on the site was Perfect World. It was really unique with a good blend of comedy and tragedy and I feel like it had one of the better endings out there. It had its weaknesses but was very unique and a fun read indeed.

• Like 1

For me would be Grandmaster Strategist. Not always you would go for plot but sometimes prose tho' plot comes with writing, hehe. For me this was the case, after reading most of the few top novels much as Martial World and such and not having enough I started to feel burn up and got up to do my works, but ya see, sometimes I would end up being given some times and I would skim though Book Walker or Bakatsuki or other Japanese novels since finding licensed CN works are hard and I've already read mostly of the good content on Web Novel. I've also read many English YA and Adult novels, but they didn't click with me that much still I loved most of them. But Grandmaster Strategist was different, it felt, like I'm reading something premium. The prose is just God damn good plus it's historical, so I got to learn many things from it. The plot flowed smoothly and it's just that I love political maneuvering, so it was a good match. I still love the times whenever I would wait to get my free times so I could read a chapter or two since each chapter were so big. Give it a try.

Edited by BakeKuroNeko
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BakeKuroNeko said:

For me would be Grandmaster Strategist. Not always you would go for plot but sometimes prose tho' plot comes with writing, hehe. For me this was the case, after reading most of the few top novels much as Martial World and such and not having enough I started to feel burn up and got up to do my works, but ya see, sometimes I would end up being given some times and I would skim though Book Walker or Bakatsuki or other Japanese novels since finding licensed CN works are hard and I've already read mostly of the good content on Web Novel. I've also read many English YA and Adult novels, but they didn't click with me that much still I loved most of them. But Grandmaster Strategist was different, it felt, like I'm reading something premium. The prose is just God damn good plus it's historical, so I got to learn many things from it. The plot flowed smoothly and it's just that I love political maneuvering, so it was a good match. I still love the times whenever I would wait to get my free times so I could read a chapter or two since each chapter were so big. Give it a try.

I saw it has a very good rating on WW but never really tried it, this review convinced me! Thanks for sharing, it's also nice that the novel is completed so I can binge it in a couple days

18 hours ago, HighgodLinley said:

I saw it has a very good rating on WW but never really tried it, this review convinced me! Thanks for sharing, it's also nice that the novel is completed so I can binge it in a couple days

It'll take more than couple of days haha, it's big, I mean too big. 

For me, it's been Absolute Resonance. I just love everything about it, the characters, the dialogue between characters, the MC is extremely likeable, the fights are well constructed and a little unpredictable at times, the big baddy of the story is very intriguing and a fresh idea, the female lead is probably the best female characters I've read in any story(another favorite being Yao Yao from Dragon Prince Yuan), the world building is fine, and I love the cultivation system and the powers that characters and the MC have. I'm extremely excited to see where this novel goes and I'm looking forward to start reading it again after letting it build up for a few months now.

• Like 1

There's quite a number of novels on WW, ranging from very good, for example Grandmaster Strategist, to some not-so-good (looking at you, MGA).

One I like is Etranger. Yes, it's not the absolute best, but the story isn't too outlandish and it can be read in a sitting or 5. There are also pictures every so often, which are always nice to look at.

This one is also rather entertaining.

• Thanks 1

On 10/23/2023 at 11:25 PM, HighgodLinley said:

I posted this too early by mistake but for me it is I Shall Seal the Heavens by Er Gen, nostalgia sure plays a big part in this ranking but I think this novel does the fundamentals really well and goes beyond that in so many ways. It's been years since I last read it but it still sticks with me when I think of a best novel. Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life!

Seconded. ISSTH.... besides Lord Fifth's early acts, this novel was great.

On 10/23/2023 at 11:25 PM, HighgodLinley said:

Seconded. ISSTH.... besides Lord Fifth's early acts, this novel was great.

For me, my favorite novel on Wuxiaworld is Soul Land 2: The Unrivaled Tang Sect. It was the first Chinese novel I read and to this day I think the character and story progression in the novel is superior to other novels. I like how the author forshadowed story elements and how the entire story is centered around not only the growth of the main character's powers but also his maturity. I highly recommend this novel to new readers on Wuxiaword since it's easy to get into and the manwha based on the novel is also extremely good.

For me it's God's fall Chronicles. That's probably the best one I've read.  However I love Star Odyssey it's excellent, and may very well take over the top spot once it's finished. The ending can break a really good novel! 

I enjoyed Martial World and True Martial World. Perfect World is loads of fun.

• Like 2

My first novel here was I Shall Seal The Heavens, I liked it a whole lot but when I read A Will Eternal later on that took the cake for me, might have to revisit them sometime down the line, been so many years 😄.

My current favorite has to be A Regular Mortal's Journey to Immortality.

• Like 1

I came across WW back in the day when Tales of Demons and Gods first aired. Curious as to the source material is when I hit this platform. Suffice to say I started reading TDG. But not having had enough I also started Warlock of the Magus World, followed by a slew of other novels that has me currently sitting with 10 on the go, where I just added Immortal of the Ages. 

As to my ultimate read, Er Gen comes to mind. His current works Beyond the Timescape has hit a spot. For earlier works A Will Eternal takes it. A blend of sweet, sour, pain and happiness. Our sweet troublemaker Bai Xiaochun stands tall. 

Consolation prizes to A record of a mortals journey to immortality A perfect World and new to the scene Unsheathed. 

• 4 weeks later...

Desolate Era , i just love these OP MC novels like this , and i think this is the best one ive read so far.

Second Favorite is Rebirth of the Thief that Roamed the World , again because the MC gets reincarnated and knows how to become overpowered.

If anyone can recomend me some OP MC novels that arent Coiling Dragon , ISSTH , Martial World or AGM ( ive read those already ) it would be nice since i ran out of good novels to read.

• Like 1