Best novel you have read on WW and why

6 hours ago, Sushiface said:

Desolate Era , i just love these OP MC novels like this , and i think this is the best one ive read so far.

Second Favorite is Rebirth of the Thief that Roamed the World , again because the MC gets reincarnated and knows how to become overpowered.

If anyone can recomend me some OP MC novels that arent Coiling Dragon , ISSTH , Martial World or AGM ( ive read those already ) it would be nice since i ran out of good novels to read.

Try Beyond the Timescape by Er Gen. Or if you want a slow boil then Unsheathed. Immortal of the Ages might be another choice.

• 1 month later...

A Will Eternal certainly had the best MC for me, Lord Bai is the best in many ways and in the end he found out what he really wanted.

Nine Stars Hegemon Body Art can get rather repetitive, but also pretty funny and the MC is one of the ballsiest around. He's also pretty creative and clever though the story keeps trying to force him down the musclehead route which I detest. I never thought I'd see the creation of a booger mirror anywhere but it happened in this novel. The only thing I've seen comparable to that in another novel is the armpit pill in Sword Sovereign's Ascension, though that's a one off by a side character.

Beyond the Timescape is Er Gen's current work and I've said enough about it elsewhere so I'l just say that this is shaping up to be one of Er Gen's best works yet in terms of overall story. The 98% rating it has on the site is very much deserved and the translation quality by Deathblade is guaranteed. MC is not truly outstanding in terms of character but his senior brother on the other hand....

Star Odyssey has been something of a surprise. I did not lie the MC and I still don't regarding his character, but I do understand now the necessity of some of his actions and it's basically the way his rotten universe is. The worldbuilding and plot of the story have been phenomenal, and my distaste for the MC on some aspects as well as on the horrible callousness of the setting at times aside, it's shaping out to be quite the thriller with more developments coming in as the world expands and the OP main antagonists of the story Aeternus (I call them Aizenus as they seemed to be way too overpowered and to basically be in control of every situation, they have not yet suffered a true defeat in the story to date). I once actually dropped the novel because of my problems with the MC but have since picked it back up and I must say I haven't regretted it.

Edited by Daoist_Badguy
  • Like 1

On 1/30/2024 at 3:56 AM, Daoist_Badguy said:

A Will Eternal certainly had the best MC for me, Lord Bai is the best in many ways and in the end he found out what he really wanted.

Nine Stars Hegemon Body Art can get rather repetitive, but also pretty funny and the MC is one of the ballsiest around. He's also pretty creative and clever though the story keeps trying to force him down the musclehead route which I detest. I never thought I'd see the creation of a booger mirror anywhere but it happened in this novel. The only thing I've seen comparable to that in another novel is the armpit pill in Sword Sovereign's Ascension, though that's a one off by a side character.

Beyond the Timescape is Er Gen's current work and I've said enough about it elsewhere so I'l just say that this is shaping up to be one of Er Gen's best works yet in terms of overall story. The 98% rating it has on the site is very much deserved and the translation quality by Deathblade is guaranteed. MC is not truly outstanding in terms of character but his senior brother on the other hand....

Star Odyssey has been something of a surprise. I did not lie the MC and I still don't regarding his character, but I do understand now the necessity of some of his actions and it's basically the way his rotten universe is. The worldbuilding and plot of the story have been phenomenal, and my distaste for the MC on some aspects as well as on the horrible callousness of the setting at times aside, it's shaping out to be quite the thriller with more developments coming in as the world expands and the OP main antagonists of the story Aeternus (I call them Aizenus as they seemed to be way too overpowered and to basically be in control of every situation, they have not yet suffered a true defeat in the story to date). I once actually dropped the novel because of my problems with the MC but have since picked it back up and I must say I haven't regretted it.

Agree with Will Eternal, Bai is written so well that how could we not fall in love with him at first read. NSHbA has become long in the tooth and really should end soon but Long Chen is an entertaining MC that has staying power for many.  Beyond the Timescape at this moment is running to be my favourite read. Oh Captain our captain, what would we or our sweet boy MC do without him and his antics. As a personal favourite I will add  A record of a mortals journey to immortality. The MC is mostly so forgettable and plain that he is outstanding. The series is a slow crawl and that is what attraced me to it. He falls down so often but has the fortitude to dust himself off and start all over again.

Edited by meeno
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...