Blip, the Splitting the Heavens translator!

Jaspaaar

1 minute ago, Wendelin99 said:

Damn for real 2000+ chapters & the author hasn't revealed all of them I'm amazed 😲😲

@Wendelin99 Yup HAHAH but from what I can at least tell, the author has planned out the progression of the novel to a certain extent. I just don't know if it will go further than that. If it does, I'm sure even more cultivation levels will be introduced! But there's also the matter of what happens currently where at chapter 700? 6XX? the next cultivation level is introduced, but the author haven't thought of a name (I think because he hasn't mentioned it yet). But he/she eventually thinks of one HAHAHA which will be revealed soooon

4 minutes ago, AwesomeGrace said:

LOL. Well, you have to translate what the author wrote in the novel. If the author said the person spat, you can't say the person sang. HAHAAHA. But maybe you can be a *tiny bit* more descriptive. Don't add too much or it'll make it'll seem like a different novel. AHAHAHAH.

Ex. ABC looked up into the sky as fiery could be seen in his eyes. A burst of anger was boiling within him, and then opened his mouth and released the most disgusting spit he had ever done so. <-- that would be toooooo much. AHAHAHAHAAHAHAH

@Htaboh3  What she said HAHAHA but when stuff gets REALLY boring I do add a LITTLE. But of course, no one stops my title names, that's where the fun happens

22 hours ago, The Demonized Demon said:

Greetings, honorable translator Blip. It may not be translated in the text we read, but do you have any idea on how this novel was conceived? Its power system, plot, with the numerous worlds and its inhabitants from the author themselves? If not from the author, what is your take on it?

@The Demonized Demon 

Hahahaha I HAVE NO IDEA although I do think that the author definitely developed a plot for the entire novel. It's actually interesting for him to come up with non-traditional cultivation realms and how they progress up the power ladder. Although he might be winging the names from time to time because until now (c6XX) we heard of the Sixth Order of the Primary Realm but it hasn't actually been given a name (It has a proper name but that will only appear in the future and to avoid mistranslation I will not be including it until it appears for real in the latest chapter) 

As for the worlds mentioned in the novel, I have a feeling the author already has an outline of what he wants to introduce (He already thought of them and the diff tiers too) Like the execution of the appearance of the Spirit Abundance World (Spirit World > Azure World) was pretty cool when the entire Manyu Continent (Barbaric World) Was revealed to be a giant trap for the Azure Worlds so they could head over and steal their resources so I hope there will be even more interesting ways other worlds are introduced in the future. 

Well, the inhabitants of the other worlds are basically humans from what I can see so far. My take on it is the author tried to come up with some beastman thing for the Azure Spiritual World but gave up for the rest because honestly there's not too much you can come up with (that does not involve 100s upon 100s of chapters of introduction - power system, hierarchy, ...) Before you have to extend the story unnecessarily. Of course that's up to where I read so far / translated a part of so maybe in the high 1000s there might be so I can't say for sure.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AwesomeGrace said:

If you could be a character in the novel, who would you choose and how long do you think you'd be able to survive based on the type of skills you have now? 

@AwesomeGrace I'm literally the embodiment of Kou Chongxue what do you mean. I'm the madman of WW. I would say he's actually the easiest to translate for with all his dialogues and actions because they're things I would probably say/do myself

With the type of skills, I'll say I can go QUITE far (wink wink).

Edited by blipbloc

Just now, coca5156 said:

How does this book rank amongst all the novels you have translated so far?

@coca5156 Actually this would rank in my top 2 novels that I've translated so far (Out of a good fat 6/7 now if I remember them all properly) and I have to say its really fun to translate STH. 

7 minutes ago, AwesomeGrace said:

Has the novel surprised you in any way? And could you share some funny or shameless quotes or examples that make the novel a comedy?

@AwesomeGrace HAHAHA YES actually. Sometimes when you think that something is going to go one way, something else happens. And it's not like forced in anyway. Instead, it blends into the story and somehow works. It's like when we thought going to the Manyu Continent was just going to be "OWO MORE LAND, MORE WORLD ORIGIN, GONNA GET STRONGER" but BAM Spirit Abundance World gets thrown into the mix and tada, you have a stronger world hunting you now and you have to deal with that. 

UMMM I can't really quote any from the top of my head but feel free to look at interactions by Shang Xia and the Older generation. He keeps getting played by them without realizing

Edited by blipbloc

Just now, Jaspaaar said:

Hey @blipbloc! Where do you find it easiest to translate? Do you prefer to work on it at home, or at somewhere like a cafe? Or are you the kind of person who can be focused enough to translate while on public transport! 

@Jaspaaar Hallooo HAHAHA I would say translating at home would be the most comfortable for me, but it's probably not where I'm the most efficient because I go off watching youtube or doing something else. BUT I travel quite often and I find that translating on the plane gives me a +1000 efficiency buff because I don't really have much else to do unless I sleep HAHA

And yes, sometimes I like to find cool spots to translate or just to look cool when I take a pic of me working in a spot with amazing views (SOMETHING I LEARNED) heheh

• Like 1

Just now, Erudite_Birdy said:

Does anyone on the translation team have any hobbies?

If so, what are they, what about them appealed to you, how often do you get to do them, and why do you love doing them?

@Erudite_Birdy I'm the whole team so... HAHAHAHAHAHHAA

Well, I have a few hobbies, one of them is eating great food so I would say I get to do it pretty often because I get to invite my friends out to grab a bite with me. Wouldn't be much fun eating alone as I won't get to try as much. It's a good way to meet everyone too!

4 minutes ago, coca5156 said:

Why? and what is the other one in your top 2?

@coca5156COMEDY and how unexpected some things might be in the novel. HAHA because the novel is funny and pretty entertaining. You know when you translate (Yes you know), sometimes you get bored of what is going on but little bits of fun here and there and some twists keep me wanting to read more - and thus translate more - So it's a win (me) win (readers) 🙂 

Just now, Erudite_Birdy said:

How about more translator notes/art?

I like to know what you're thinking about the story and if there is anything we should be paying attention to.

@Erudite_Birdy aha I enjoy entertaining fellow readers of the novel more than drawing my amazing artwork, but I also do like crafting interesting translator notes from time to time but haven't been able to lately because life has just been too busy IRL but not to worry, with a new year comes new nonsense I can come up with + more time, especially at the start of the year. so you can look forward to that! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AwesomeGrace said:

I have one last question. If readers want to find you or interact with you, where can they go? Do you use social media? 

YES HAHAHAH you can interact with me on twitter @blipbloc yes its the same name so feel free to! I post updates occassionally and some funny stuff I come across when translating! you can find a bunch of random art from the various chapters there too!

Edited by blipbloc