Blip, the Splitting the Heavens translator!

Jaspaaar

I like the fact that I'm learning a lot from this story, the four seasons and their correspondence to the astrology, 24 solar terms, the 12 earthly branches and the 10 heavenly stems, along with the 60-year system of time! I never thought I would need to know those to get immersed in a story. The occasional chengyu is fun too. 

OK, I use that to justify reading these stories. So far, it's worked. No one has told me I'm wasting my time. The person who helps with translations, when I beg nicely, was even impressed when I mentioned goose feather snow (鹅毛大雪 é máo dà xu), a heavy snowfall consisting of very large heavy snowflakes.

So, I'm looking forward to what kind of interesting things the author covers next.

Any hints?

2 minutes ago, Erudite_Birdy said:

I like the fact that I'm learning a lot from this story, the four seasons and their correspondence to the astrology, 24 solar terms, the 12 earthly branches and the 10 heavenly stems, along with the 60-year system of time! I never thought I would need to know those to get immersed in a story. The occasional chengyu is fun too. 

OK, I use that to justify reading these stories. So far, it's worked. No one has told me I'm wasting my time. The person who helps with translations, when I beg nicely, was even impressed when I mentioned goose feather snow (鹅毛大雪 é máo dà xu), a heavy snowfall consisting of very large heavy snowflakes.

So, I'm looking forward to what kind of interesting things the author covers next.

Any hints?

UMMM unfortunately, not that I can recall off the top of my head but I'm sure there will be even more in the future so you can look out for them! There are a lot of stuff waiting to be uncovered LOL 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Erudite_Birdy said:

on twitter @blipbloc

Do you mean X? If so, you better get another account. I don't think that platform will be around much longer. They only have one advertiser left.  How about Discord?

Yup HAHAHA but you can always reach my discord too @blip In case you havent seen, I'm pretty active on there whenever someone pings me