The I Have a Sword translation team!

Jaspaaar

@blipblocI'd say the most interesting aspect of the novel is its stand against nonsense. I've caught myself gasping a few times like, "Wait, that's it? Isn't he supposed to say, Junior, you dare! etc. How come he's already dead?" It's also quite humorous at times, and it always happens the least you expect it lol. The romance is also pretty straightforward despite the many love interests. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, blipbloc said:

What do you think is the most interesting aspect of the novel then? The characters? The power level? The comedic effects? 

The straightforwardness and comedy.

-"Yes!" Little Pagoda said.-

Has to be one of my favorite repeated lines, right up there with -His face darkened.-

What do you think is the most interesting aspect of the novel then? The characters? The power level? The comedic effects? 

HOHOHO definitely the humor. Little Pagoda is constantly getting smacked left and right by so many people and he is just a pagoda! That poor thing. 

@blipbloc For me it would be characters, I like how the characters all have different personalities and each bring a depth into the story. Perhaps it is also because this is the third book in the series - that the characters all seemed to develop differently (if that makes sense) For example, those from his father's generation have a certain vibe  to them as compared to new ones introduced in Ye Guan's generation. It makes me imagine them as a wise old soul  saying "You have much to learn."

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AwesomeGrace said:

So who is your favourite girl? LOL and why! 

>< Mine is Ao Qianqian. She's been constantly supporting him and she isn't so pushy on her love. Her first meeting with Ye Guan was also really interesting. She was the only one who saw him for his character rather than the circumstances that shaped him. She wholeheartedly supported him despite the opposition from her clan. I felt that that was so courageous. Unfortunately, her love is rather one-sided and maybe that's why I can relate to her and her tragic love life :') 

Just now, corlumbus said:

>< Mine is Ao Qianqian. She's been constantly supporting him and she isn't so pushy on her love. Her first meeting with Ye Guan was also really interesting. She was the only one who saw him for his character rather than the circumstances that shaped him. She wholeheartedly supported him despite the opposition from her clan. I felt that that was so courageous. Unfortunately, her love is rather one-sided and maybe that's why I can relate to her and her tragic love life :') 

OMG that's so sad! But would you actually like Ye Guan thoughhhh. He's such a womanizer without even trying. Actually, I'm curious. Would you girls rather date a popular man who everyone wants? Or someone that no one wants lololol. 

2 minutes ago, AwesomeGrace said:

OMG that's so sad! But would you actually like Ye Guan thoughhhh. He's such a womanizer without even trying. Actually, I'm curious. Would you girls rather date a popular man who everyone wants? Or someone that no one wants lololol. 

Of course a popular man that everyone wants LOL. AS LONG AS he only wants me 🤭 KEKKE my sister might barf reading this

Also we had this question in the comment to the original post: (posting it and replying to it here) @JaxdL
How do you choose the novel to translate? And have you met the authors you translate for IRL?

We wanted a novel that is engaging, have a good pace and have some bombs to drop. Like many of you, we thought that the novel was really fast paced at the start too but the more we read, the more hooked on we became. This is like a movie - it captivates and engages and also leaves us sisters room to bicker. It is all a part of the process and we wanted the translation journey to be as entertaining as the novel itself. Imagine one of us running to announce to the other: OMG OMG Ye Guan just did this this this While we haven't met the author, it is surely on our to-do list

😂 okie thanks ladies! We'll leave the thread open for another day to see if there are any additional questions (but they won't be answered live). Thanks for taking the time to be here! It was an interesting convo. Hopefully readers who haven't tried this novel will give it a shot. The MC is super shameless and it's quite funny! Any last words??

• Thanks 1