Dark Serenity's Poetry Jam

Get your poetry on, Fellow Daoists! In honor of Ancient Emperor Dark Serenity and Wu Jianwu, we’re having a poetry contest here at Wuxiaworld.

The rules

• Post a poem in this thread.
  • Limit 5 entries.
  • Only put one poem per reply post.
  • If your poem requires context or explanation, that’s fine, but please keep each post as simple as possible.
  • You may submit up to 5 entries, but please only have one poem per post.
  • The poem should be composed of two lines, similar to the poems commonly recited by Wu Jianwu in the novel. Please, no long form poetry. If you want a refresher, you can check out chapter 144, which was when Wu Jianwu first appeared in the story.
  • Rhyming is encouraged but not required.
  • Poem topics should be centered around:
    • Beyond the Timescape characters, events, concepts, etc.
    • Er Gen Universe topics
    • Xianxia and/or wuxia genre, tropes, etc.
    • Wuxiaworld-related themes.
  • Do not clutter the thread with unnecessary discussion. A response or comment is okay, but keep the thread as clean as possible.
  • NO SPOILERS. This means to not spoil anything from chapters of BTT that have not been released publicly on WW. Things from AWE, ISSTH, and RI are fair game, but please be respectful of other readers and don't spoil things unnecessarily.
  • Show your support by smashing the LIKE button on the poems you enjoy.
  • Please keep the thread at the PG-13 level. No poems that are obscene, profane, offensive, etc. Be respectful to the author, translator, other readers, genre, culture, etc.
  • Have fun!

Prizes, winner selection method, and other details

• This thread will remain open until about April 8 at 7:00 p.m. Pacific time. That will coincide with the release of chapter 576.2. At that point, I’ll pick roughly 10 finalists. I will be checking the “likes” on the posts, so poems with lots of upvotes will receive special consideration. That said, the selection of the finalists will be based on my subjective opinion. I will post a poll to allow readers to vote for their favorites, a link to which will be put in this thread as well as an announcement post on Beyond the Timescape. The results of the voting will be revealed on April 12 via announcement.
  • There will be one 1st place winner, two 2nd place, and two 3rd place. The prizes are as follows:
    • 1st place: 3,000 karma
    • 2nd place: 1,000 karma
    • 3rd place: 600 karma

Assets and tools

And with that, have at it!

Edited by Deathblade

As a thounderous adventure begins,

the moon goes over the infinite mountains,

our fellow daoists here are eager 

to topple over the rest of the rankers. 

Edited by Kriegsson
  • Haha 1

As the captain gets to swallow the world,

Xu Wing keeps a fiery look in his eyes;

not to regain any past glory,

but to avenge his family's demise. 

Edited by Kriegsson
  • Like 7

Is it possible to donate my Karma to the contest ? I have 70k normal (not gold) if you are able to take it from my account. I want to see the even Dark Serenity in Awe of what is created during this contest. 

Beyond This Timescape I watch; forlorn under 100,000 Dao's. 

To breakthrough and go beyond, I shall; In time I will consume the Dao. 

• Thanks 1

𝘈𝘴 𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘴 𝘶𝘱𝘰𝘯 𝘳𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘴; 𝘶𝘯𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘥, 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘴𝘤𝘢𝘱𝘦 𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘳𝘴!

• Like 1