My Longevity Simulation/ 我的模拟长生路

On 1/13/2024 at 5:10 PM, lionroar said:

Names pls 

The genre is 模拟器流 / simulator flow or more specifically 模拟修仙 simulated cultivation.  From the top of my head I remember

Quit after just a few chapters

我的诡异人生

en: my strange life

模拟修仙,从长春不老神功开始

en: Immortal Simulation - Let's Start With A c̸u̸r̸s̸e̸d̸ c̸h̸e̸n̸g̸y̸u̸ 𝘢𝘩𝘦𝘮 Eternal Youth Magic Technique

轮回模拟,我能逆天改命 

en: Transmigration Sim - I Can Defy the Laws of Nature And Change Fate

Books on my shelf I read and disliked

圣女帮我模拟修仙

en: Goddess Helps Me Sim Cultivate

全民模拟修仙时代

en: Everyone Is Sim Cultivating

我加载了模拟修仙系统

en: I Downloaded A Sim Cultivation System

Okay-ish

左道修仙 我靠模拟无敌

en: Heretical Dao Cultivation - Simulation Is Fucking Awesome

Cheers, 

freewheeler

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/11/2024 at 8:32 AM, freewheeler said:

I read this in Chinese and it is very good.  There are several novels like it, but most of them lack depth or have horrible pacing. 

Unfortunately good novels don't get official translations and get edited mtl fan translations. Only cliche novels sell well

• Like 3

On 2/15/2024 at 5:16 PM, Slowestbirthday said:

Unfortunately good novels don't get official translations and get edited mtl fan translations. Only cliche novels sell well

Same seems to go for dong hua and man hua adaptations.  And if they do adopt any of the good ones, the adaptation is usually an utter disappointment.  Then again, my taste is a bit eclectic. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well thought out novel. A lot less is based on "talent" and more thoughtful planning again and again through the resets. There is a lot more to it than going place A -> gain something, place B -> gain cultivation etc. which makes it fun to read for ppl who've read dozens of xianxia novels already.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I like how this recommendation has utterly dominated the recommendations list. 2.4K and the others are not even close. This novel deserves it too!

Side note: The novel has been renamed in english to "My simulated road to immortality."

• Like 1

In the end we all failed. Webnovel has put out their crappy edited mtl translation. This is exactly what I didn't want to happen and the reason why I put out this thread. This is a good quality novel far better than all the shitty  recycled novels that wuxiaworld has put out in the recent couple of months.

If it's possible can this thread be closed? There is no point in translating this novel anymore. I am going to read the mtl version of this novel. I am so frustrated! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

On 4/15/2024 at 4:38 AM, Slowestbirthday said:

In the end we all failed. Webnovel has put out their crappy edited mtl translation. This is exactly what I didn't want to happen and the reason why I put out this thread. This is a good quality novel far better than all the shitty  recycled novels that wuxiaworld has put out in the recent couple of months.

If it's possible can this thread be closed? There is no point in translating this novel anymore. I am going to read the mtl version of this novel. I am so frustrated! 

Why can't it be translated anymore? Is it simply because there is a machine translation and a fan translation — the latter now abandoned? The latest novel by Ergen was being translated by Webnovel under the title 'Outside the Time,' but Wuxiaworld picked it up and is currently being translated here. So, why can't My Longevity Simulation be translated anymore? 🤨

Edited by Wizerdo
  • Like 1

It's because it was Er Gen's novel. At the time of its release, it smashed several records. Being one of Wuxiaworld's most popular authors, Er Gen's name alone may generate a significant increase in readership. Not to mention the person translating this novel here, deathblade. Unfortunately, this work is not from Er Gen and cannot suffer the same fate. WW has previously stated that a work with a large enough translation would not be accepted for translation here, and I don't blame them at all.

But hey, if this gets taken up, I'll be very happy. Unfortunately, such an event may never occur.

• Like 2

On 4/15/2024 at 11:38 AM, Slowestbirthday said:

In the end we all failed. Webnovel has put out their crappy edited mtl translation. This is exactly what I didn't want to happen and the reason why I put out this thread. [...]

I cannot understand why authors would agree to license their novels to webnovel.  They must be unaware of their reputation.  Wuxiaworld is well-known for its stellar translation quality while webnovel...  Well, they are not.

If a "translator" garbled my work that badly, I would consider it defamation.  Even GPT is better at translating than the majority of webnovel translators.

Of course, there are or at least were a few good ones.  What a shame.