My Longevity Simulation/ 我的模拟长生路

Posted (edited)
On 5/28/2024 at 11:44 PM, modmer said:

I wish I had learned Chinese just for the sake of this novel. Most novels currently translated are bad and horribly repetitive. I don’t know why people read them in the first place.

Never too late to start learning.  The little Chinese I learned in high school and a dictionary app is enough for me to read most qidian level literature.

Or you can make your own MTL.  My mates use Deepl api + custom terms, and it gives better results than most MTL I've seen.

Edited by freewheeler
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

This novel will never get picked up. I am horrified at the new translation of this novel and the mistakes made by the translator. All of the trash cn edgy reincarnated old monster novels gets approved. Shit like Desolate Devouring Art GETS PICKED UP! 

Edited by Heaven Or Handy
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I created a new account just for this. I'd say this novel's writing talent is comparable to Reverend Insanity. It's frustrating that no decent translator cares about it. The only translator available uploads just 3-4 chapters a week and hides the rest behind a paywall for a shitty edited MTL

and I'm not actually into reading novels that much, I only read the ones that are worth sinking 100+ hours in it. the only ones so far are RI and MLS. one that's abandoned by its author and one no one gives two shits about it. 

what the fuck is wrong with Chinese novels 

Edited by Qisea Ancestor
  • Like 2

On 7/29/2024 at 3:26 PM, Qisea Ancestor said:

I created a new account just for this. I'd say this novel's writing talent is comparable to Reverend Insanity. It's frustrating that no decent translator cares about it. The only translator available uploads just 3-4 chapters a week and hides the rest behind a paywall for a shitty edited MTL

and I'm not actually into reading novels that much, I only read the ones that are worth sinking 100+ hours in it. the only ones so far are RI and MLS. one that's abandoned by its author and one no one gives two shits about it. 

what the fuck is wrong with Chinese novels 

The new translator dropped it. 

On 8/5/2024 at 5:17 AM, Qisea Ancestor said:

The new translator dropped it. 

I have lost hope too many times and have just dropped this novel. The community never gets what we want, and I am genuinely sorry to anyone to whom I have introduced this novel. 

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Slowestbirthday said:

I have lost hope too many times and have just dropped this novel. The community never gets what we want, and I am genuinely sorry to anyone to whom I have introduced this novel. 

This is the reason I fear reading fan translations. WW really need to try licensing this novel. I haven't seen any other thread with so much engagement. 

• Like 2

On 8/8/2024 at 2:42 PM, Slowestbirthday said:

I am both happy and sad that I started reading the novel, though it has become a battle to continue. I as a senior in the Dao of MTL will clear a path ahead and continue on this perilous journey. Though I indeed hope for WW to translate it so that any future juniors will have a clear path ahead.

• Haha 1

On 8/8/2024 at 3:42 PM, Slowestbirthday said:

I gave the MTL a shot, but it’s just unreadable. Even if the last translation wasn’t great, it’s still miles better than dealing with MTL.

And considering this thread has been at the top for nearly a year without any updates, it seems like they probably can’t get the license for one reason or another.

I don't think they’re ignoring it out of disinterest, but it would be nice to get some clarification instead of leaving us in the dark like this.

• Like 1