Hello everyone, I am Captain Nostalgia, a writer from China. May I ask how I can publish my novel on this platform?

Hello everyone, I am Captain Nostalgia, a writer from China. May I know how I can publish my novel on this platform?

The God of War. Biography of Li Jing" is a historical saga that I spent 16 years writing, with about 480 chapters.

Set in the heyday of the Sui and Tang dynasties in China, the story systematically depicts the growth and love story of Li Jing, a famous general in Chinese history. The story involves many aspects such as military, politics, history, business, martial arts, romance, etc. Its historical events and character conflicts are restored to a large extent.

It is hoped that through the international platform, this book will become an entry point for readers and friends from different countries to understand traditional Chinese culture and learn about the Chinese character and way of thinking.

But at the moment I don't know what the rules of this platform are. I didn't get a reply to my post yesterday. I didn't find the entrance to publish novels on the webpage either. I would like to ask all the gods here.

Thank you all!

• Like 2

Hello there. As far as I know Wuxiaworld only publish translated Chinese and Korean novels which are officially licensed. If you want to publish a story, assuming that it's written in English rather than Mandarin, you should try heading to Webnovel.com. They both publish translated novels and let others self-publish their works as web serials. They are a subsidiary of Qidian. Any other website I know such as Royalroad is pure English fantasy which doesn't help you to reach your intended audience. And if its written in Mandarin try contacting the staff, maybe they can make an exception. 

• Like 1

I'm not sure about the details, but there's precedence for Wuxiaworld partnering with an author directly and relatively recently too. Try checking the announcement for Hunter of Immortals from roughly 9 months ago, though there shouldn't be many details there.

Anyway, I see no reason why Wuxiaworld shouldn't be interested at least. I know that I, a potential reader, certainly am, so I suggest using the official business contact. If you scroll down on the main website (not this forum), you find the "contact us" section (wuxiaworld.com/contact-us) with the official e-mail address for business inquiries.

Good luck!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BakeKuroNeko said:

Hello there. As far as I know Wuxiaworld only publish translated Chinese and Korean novels which are officially licensed. If you want to publish a story, assuming that it's written in English rather than Mandarin, you should try heading to Webnovel.com. They both publish translated novels and let others self-publish their works as web serials. They are a subsidiary of Qidian. Any other website I know such as Royalroad is pure English fantasy which doesn't help you to reach your intended audience. And if its written in Mandarin try contacting the staff, maybe they can make an exception. 

Thank you very much! First one to respond to my friend, I will try what you have said

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Veoryascaleth said:

I'm not sure about the details, but there's precedence for Wuxiaworld partnering with an author directly and relatively recently too. Try checking the announcement for Hunter of Immortals from roughly 9 months ago, though there shouldn't be many details there.

Anyway, I see no reason why Wuxiaworld shouldn't be interested at least. I know that I, a potential reader, certainly am, so I suggest using the official business contact. If you scroll down on the main website (not this forum), you find the "contact us" section (wuxiaworld.com/contact-us) with the official e-mail address for business inquiries.

Good luck!

Thank you very much, I will contact the administrators and see if I can operate successfully.
I hope to make this novel available to you one day. Grateful.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/10/2024 at 7:16 AM, Tai Yi Sheng Shui said:

Chinese writers? Brother before in the starting point of the Chinese network or in the vertical and horizontal network?

No,I Posting on a self-publishing platform .
In China, it is WeChat and Sina Weibo
Internationally on wattap and Royal Road,and Amazon eBook。Wuxiaworld hasn't contacted the administrator yet.

If you're interested, search for "God of War,The Legend of Li Jing," (军神·李靖传),by China's writer nostalgic captain(怀旧船长).

Edited by NostalgiaCaptain
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @NostalgiaCaptain! I am a fan of WuxiaWorld and post often on the forum. 

I am really glad you have approached WuxiaWorld and are writing your own work!! Congrats! It takes a lot of effort. 

As RainbowHare pointed out, the admins will be able to help you. 

Just one word - I would recommend very very carefully considering your terms before publishing on Webnovel. I have heard that they take the copyright of their authors and pay their authors very little. It is very bad for authors. You could also research other platforms, like Patreon and Ko-fi. You could also look for translators online, if you want to reach an English audience..... 

I really hope WuxiaWorld shall at least review your novels to decide if it is willing to publish. (Fingers crossed, @Jing S!)

• Thanks 1

On 1/25/2024 at 11:49 PM, KenWright said:

你好@NostalgiaCaptain!我是武侠世界的粉丝,经常在论坛上发帖。

我真的很高兴你接触了武侠世界,正在写你自己的作品!恭喜!这需要付出很多努力。

正如 RainbowHare 所指出的,管理员将能够为您提供帮助。

只有一个词 - 我建议在Webnovel上发布之前非常非常仔细地考虑您的条款。我听说他们拿走了作者的版权,而付给作者的钱很少。这对作者来说是非常糟糕的。您还可以研究其他平台,例如 Patreon 和 Ko-fi。如果您想接触英语受众,您也可以在线寻找翻译人员.....

我真的希望《武侠世界》至少能审查一下你的小说,以决定它是否愿意出版。(手指交叉,@Jing S!)

Thank you very much, I will try as you suggested.