General Feedback about lack of feature parity for the App

I can't understand why you would wind back the features of a e-reader app that was pretty good, to make it look more like a website? It's literally a step backwards...

This blows my mind that this is anyone's idea of progression.

Less options to view the text, not a big problem to new readers, but I spend 7-8 hours a day reading on the app, and formatting changes are highly annoying when you have found settings you like

A banner that jeeps popping up if you scroll a little slowly, obscuring the top paragraphs Bright buttons at the end of every chapter now, which are annoying when you have it in dark mode.

Juddering every time you click on the text to make it full screen is horrible to keep your spot when reading Hard to see updates on novels I'm currently reading.

Instead of of a green box to let me know I've read up to date with that, I now have a progress bar to see if I can spot that I have 1/1000 to read.

Please let me use the reading backgrounds of light mode in dark mode. I always used the sepia/brown background to read but cant choose that now with the app on darkmode. I mainly chose that one to see the progressbar on the right scrolling down to see how far i was in the chapter, thats very Hard to see in all dark mode backgrounds maybe that could be a separate Feature to customize

downgrade compared to the previous app: the removal of the clear color-coding on the library page, so it no longer easily shows series where you have read up to the current chapter; restricting certain page colors to only dark- or light- modes; the intrusive and unwanted “more series like this” crap at the bottom of the chapter; changing the library page entirely such that selecting a series takes you to the main series page rather than back to the chapter that you are currently reading

Collected from the comments on the announcement. Figured it'd be best to collate them all here

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The website should be more like the old app rather than the app to be more like the website.

I started with the website long time ago. And was the first few to try the app. And nv went back to the site again.

The flow and the ux of the app is far better than the site IMO.

i definitely agree with a lot of this — if i wanted to use the website on mobile, i would go to the mobile version of the website. the app certainly has a couple features the mobile version of the website doesn’t, but not enough to justify the complete removal of so many former app features. i get that a total rewrite was in order, but it would be nice to, like, have a couple more toggles to change things we prefer about the website or the app. stuff like toggling between tap-to-show-menu-bar and scroll-to-show-menu-bar, for example. the scrolling thing is really janky even after you get used to it, the tap toggle was a lot more predictable.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I would like a accessible way to get back to my reading list besides the back button, or am I missing something and not seeing the easier way. Agreed with 'megaautist about the addition of more toggles to be able to change to personalize the app to my needs. 

This! This is the first time I've ever been to the website (other than just to buy chapters) to come complain or see if anyone else noticed that the chapter counts don't match the chapters number when you go in it. I'm glad it is not just me who noticed it missing or feel a certain type of way or frustrated that those features are not there anymore. Like the side bar on how much is left to read. I keep looking still even tho it's not there. The mentioned issues in the OP are the exact things I'm piffed over. Like what in the h, e, double hockey stick is going on. This thing has not changed for years and all of a sudden Just revamp from top to bottom just like all the other apps that I don't use lol

• Haha 1