How's your day?

dragomon2

Since there hasn't been a post like this one. Mind as well start those old forum posts or youtube "Fireplaces" where people check in and talk a bit in a more elongated format or reply to each other's day/scenario. Feel like it'd be great for a more small niche community like this one compared to discord where things can easily be sent up in the chat history, haha!

To start, my day has been pretty nice. I've been practicing a piece I'm working on by Amy Beach - Romance for Violin. Lots of progress is being made and a class that I had today got cancelled since the professor realized we've been working too much in that class and we need a week off before we get into really intensive (effort wise) works. 

How has your day been or anything that you wanna say to mine? 

My day has been tiring...

I took a listen to the piece you mentioned - its amazing!

I personally spend the little time if have to practice by playing waltzes on my guitar. A great piece I recommend listening to is Django's Waltz, specifically Joscho Stefan's performance/interpretation of it.

• Like 1

Just listened to both pieces recommended and I've now got two new songs to listen to. Django's Waltz is my favorite of the two. A song I recommend is "Wonderland" by Caravan Palace but I have no idea if it will actually be a song others will like.

I stayed up last night and I am exhausted because of that XD. Can't wait to go home and sleep, although I'll probably read first.

• Like 1

On 10/26/2023 at 12:33 AM, Penguinos said:

Django's Waltz, specifically Joscho Stefan's performance/interpretation of it.

I love it~! I love finding pieces outside of Western Classical that's more on the technical side (w.e. that means for said genre/instrument) and man, dude was killing it! 

On 10/26/2023 at 2:38 AM, MarieAndHerDogs said:

"Wonderland" by Caravan Palace

I'd say, always recommend regardless! The most i'd ever do is see out of my catalogue of music that I like, pick the ones that I think others might like but I also still very much like! Besides, a personal recommendation always helps express who you are to us as well~!
But I feel the other comment, I stayed up all night since today is my one and only off day before I resume school and work lol. Kinda wanna go back in the days where I could grind for hours on end in a game or read a super long novel in a single night. I remember even reading the cursed MGA for like 12 hours, shutting off my brain and not thinking lol!

• 4 weeks later...

Went back to work after a weeks vacation. I swear I was finding excuses to extend it by another day or two when I woke up this morning. Other than that I am back for about a week then I have another weeks vacation for the last week of November. Have to use my days before they expire at the end of year and December is pretty well black out month. 

Other than the weather is getting nippy but then I live in Canada, too be expected. We had hail last week and I actually have to warm the car in the morning..icky.

As for WW, I had been hording chapters for MGA for the past few months, so finally got around to blitzing them during vacation. 50 or so to go and I will have caught up. Added Immortal of the Ages to my reading list. Not bad, usual tropes and cliché storyline but the MC makes up for it. In 50 pages he has pretty well decimated a sect, committed murder on a grandiose scale, lots of torture and mayhem. Love it. 

• Like 2

On 11/18/2023 at 5:25 PM, meeno said:

a week then I have another weeks vacation for the last week of November.

Nice! We could always use more breaks! But I feel that so much right now haha, can't wait till thanksgiving where I get about 4 days off before I have to kick it into full gear. Also adding Immortal of the Ages to my wishlist since that sounds like something I'm in the mood for! 

• Like 1

On 11/18/2023 at 2:25 PM, meeno said:

Went back to work after a weeks vacation. I swear I was finding excuses to extend it by another day or two when I woke up this morning. Other than that I am back for about a week then I have another weeks vacation for the last week of November. Have to use my days before they expire at the end of year and December is pretty well black out month. 

Other than the weather is getting nippy but then I live in Canada, too be expected. We had hail last week and I actually have to warm the car in the morning..icky.

Since you mentioned you live in Canada, work during the weekends must be the worse I'd imagine.

On 11/18/2023 at 5:25 PM, meeno said:

Went back to work after a weeks vacation. I swear I was finding excuses to extend it by another day or two when I woke up this morning.

My last day of vacation (today) will be spent flying halfway down the Atlantic coast. Get in late, then turn around and go full bore at work the following day. 

I really need to get the Mrs to plan for recovery time after travel.

Looks like I have some music to check out

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Joe the Rat said:

My last day of vacation (today) will be spent flying halfway down the Atlantic coast. Get in late, then turn around and go full bore at work the following day. 

I really need to get the Mrs to plan for recovery time after travel.

Looks like I have some music to check out

Sounds like you need a vacation to get over your vacation...

• Haha 1

Even on my days off I am still up before the birds... well not that they are up either at this hour. Hard to break the routine for two days. Not much going on today other than headed to Life labs so that they can go vampire on me and do some blood work. 

Now my question is, is it too early to start decorating the porch for Christmas or should I wait for December 1st... 🤔

Enjoy the rest of your day to everyone.

On 11/19/2023 at 7:12 PM, dragomon2 said:

Nice! We could always use more breaks! But I feel that so much right now haha, can't wait till thanksgiving where I get about 4 days off before I have to kick it into full gear. Also adding Immortal of the Ages to my wishlist since that sounds like something I'm in the mood for! 

Immortal of the Ages is whacky to say the least. The MC is on par with the MC from Beyond the Timescape for how ruthless he is. Some of the things he has done has made even me cringe and that takes some doing. Check it out if you have time to add another one to your list. 

Man my day has been a roller coaster. I just started on the first rehearsal of the production of Hansel and Gretel by Humperdinck, a fantastic opera. But man, they gave the music two weeks beforehand, which the two professors leading it were shocked to hear that they really gave it to us two weeks ago and not at the start of the semester and fortunately, everyone was struggling lol. I wasn't the only one failing. But that means that the entire week I'm going to have grind this out day and night x.x Fortunately good chunks that contained super hard passages were removed but oh boy, it's still an almost 2 hr operatica. My day (or week i guess) has been hectic. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not much going on here other than have been sick and the lingering cough is driving me bonkers. It comes out of nowhere, rattles my cage and then goes MIA for a tad. Work is of course getting hectic with only two weeks left before Christmas. Still no idea on what we are going to have for Christmas dinner. But I did pick up a bottle of wine today if nothing else. 🤭

Going to have to buckle down and catch up on some reading on my days off.. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, meeno said:

Not much going on here other than have been sick and the lingering cough is driving me bonkers. It comes out of nowhere, rattles my cage and then goes MIA for a tad. Work is of course getting hectic with only two weeks left before Christmas. Still no idea on what we are going to have for Christmas dinner. But I did pick up a bottle of wine today if nothing else. 🤭

Going to have to buckle down and catch up on some reading on my days off.. 

Same! My throat is starting to get really ugh and my head is having a piercing headache but this week is nothing but performances. Note to self, wear a mask two weeks before any major events since people are nasty and many rooms are very unventilated. Hope we get through this quickly! Also, be careful, don't drink alcohol if you're sick, it'll make it much worse! Never too late to have a "christmas drink" days after christmas if it means staying healthy!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well here we are at the start of a brand new year.. 2024. Has a good ring to. Sadly I passed out early and did not have a chance to watch the change last night. Ah well tis what it is. Yet here we are on day number one of a brand new beginning. Going to try and take the kids out for dinner, Indian is my thinking, have had a hankering for it lately. I do not have to be back to work till Thursday, so time to relax and enjoy and catch up on much missed movies etc.. 

Hope everyone has an awesome possum kind of day with your family and friends. Be safe. 

Edited by meeno

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2024 at 6:02 AM, meeno said:

Well here we are at the start of a brand new year.. 2024. Has a good ring to. Sadly I passed out early and did not have a chance to watch the change last night. Ah well tis what it is. Yet here we are on day number one of a brand new beginning. Going to try and take the kids out for dinner, Indian is my thinking, have had a hankering for it lately. I do not have to be back to work till Thursday, so time to relax and enjoy and catch up on much missed movies etc.. 

Hope everyone has an awesome possum kind of day with your family and friends. Be safe. 

Nice! Hope it went well. Things this year just keeps rolling and rolling~

• Like 1

20 hours ago, dragomon2 said:

Nice! Hope it went well. Things this year just keeps rolling and rolling~

Did not end up going out to dinner, a late lunch with some shopping with the kids down on the lakeshore. A good day overall. Since then it is back to the grind. Took down the decorations inside the house but left the outside ones for another week. Had a snow storm yesterday, expecting another one Saturday morning all day. Not much acclamation, only a couple inches but the whole all day thing is just plain overkill. Ah well welcome to winter in Canada.. 

• Like 1

On 1/18/2024 at 5:39 PM, Sovereign666 said:

My day is good but having a pretty rogue days for my bussiness. 

But I try to stay positive andjust give it my best. 

I

Stay strong and keep the faith