Our new app is available as a beta!

Jaspaaar

Our new app is now available as an open beta! It has been entirely remade from scratch, with the design matching our website. We're looking forward to your feedback.

To join the beta on Android, you can go to the app's Play Store page and opt in there. For iOS, install Apple's Testflight app and click this link:
https://testflight.apple.com/join/jqL8gHKJ

Upon opening it, you'll be shown a message prompting you to join our beta test Discord server. Please send feedback there until the beta is over. 

If you don't feel like joining the beta, simply wait until next week, when the new app will leave beta and be released to everyone!

Note: for technical reasons, IAPs (Karma purchases, subscriptions, etc) are disabled in the beta version.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So, I waited the week (and more) I just downloaded, and promptly deleted, the app… the UI is EXACTLY the same. The layout, the clunky design, boring blocky menu etc… nothing is new or has been redesigned. Just in case I’m missing something, was the new app meant to be released on the 1st of November like we were told?

1 hour ago, BrownBear82 said:

So, I waited the week (and more) I just downloaded, and promptly deleted, the app… the UI is EXACTLY the same. The layout, the clunky design, boring blocky menu etc… nothing is new or has been redesigned. Just in case I’m missing something, was the new app meant to be released on the 1st of November like we were told?

No. On the site's announcements, we informed that it would be delayed till 6 Nov.

The App was alright before, but now everything I do requires another click and another additional page, when it was simply before.  Clicked on the story I was reading and continue.  Now it's click, then click continue, then get to the story.  The chapters were clean before but now there are comment icons all over the place sometimes covering up text if you enlarge your text.  I really don't need comments on individual chapters and would instantly disable that if I could, the chapters are not that long I need those icons everywhere. Checking in also is the opposite of intuitive it says complete, which in my mine means it is complete, it should say Check In, then say Check in Complete.  The current chapter you are in is highlighted blue even if you are caught up, so what's the point of making it it highlighted blue? 126/126 or 126/126 not sure what the point there is, if the blue meant you weren't caught up then I would understand.  It was a good little simple App now it's a menu mess.

• Like 2