Could Someone Give me Some Recommendations for Underrated Wuxia and Xianxia Novels?

lizaclarraa

Hello there,

I have been an avid reader of Wuxia and Xianxia novels for a few years now, and I have thoroughly enjoye;d many of the popular series like; Desolate Era, Martial World, and; Coiling Dragon. Although, I am now on the hunt for some hidden gems that might not get as much attention but are equally captivating.

I'm particularly interested in novels that have strong character development, intricate world-building, and well-thought-out plotlines. While epic battles and powerful techniques are great, I also appreciate stories that delve deeper into the philosophi;es of martial arts and the personal growth of the characters.

Here are a few aspects I'm looking for:

Protagonists and antagonists with depth, motivations, and growth throughout the story..

A storyline that keeps you hoo;ked with twists, mysteries, and well-paced progression.

A detailed and immersive setting that adds to the overall experience.

Since I rely on translations, it would be great if the rec;ommended novels have quality translations or at; least readable ones.

Also, I have gone through this post: https://forum.wuxiaworld.com/topic/146-good-novel-tableau-recomendations/  which definitely helped me out a lot.

Some novels I have r;ead and enjoyed that fit these criteria are "I Shall Seal the Heavens" and "A Will Eternal." If you have any recommendations, whether they're completed or

ongoing, I would love to hear them! Also, if; there are any lesser-known authors whose work deserves more recog;nition, please share.

Looking forward to your suggestions and thank you in advance for your help.

• Like 1

Unsheathed would be my novel of choice for you.  Well written with characters that are fleshed out from chapter 1. The world building is slow yet thoughtful. The storyline has to be paid attention too or you can get lost with the info dumps but it all makes sense. A goodly mix of angst, humour and fantasy. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Liza!

Well, Good novel recommendations was a great place to start. (Also, what happened to your link of the page? Tableau got in there somehow).

You would have seen my comments there, so I may come off as a little repetitive here. 

To summarize, off the top of my head according to your criteria (not necessarily all met, but more or less):

• The Grandmaster Strategist (not counting recently added novels from volare, one of the highest ranked novels of all time on ww. Was No. 1 at 100% for a very long time).
  • Etranger (def one of the most underrated awesome novels)
  • The Nebula's Civilization (now completed)
  • The Novel's Extra
  • Praise the Orc! (I personally really loved this novel)

You could also try out:

• Sundering Nature - might not quite meet your requirements, but damn, it was as gripping to me.
  • Shrouded Seascape - I dropped after a few chaps, but that was because it was scary. If you can handle horror, this was an excellently translated and written novel, at least from the first few chaps.

Of course, Liza, you are welcome to check my S -class recommendations and above from Good novel recommendations .

Best,
Ken

P.S. I know this post is like 1 month after your post. Have you already found what you were looking for? I am curious to find what you have dug into. Maybe it is something I haven't yet tried =D