[Request] Change Username

Is there any chance we can regain the ability to change our usernames? Or at the very least what is displayed for comments & forum posts? We used to have the ability a while back and I was called "Martial Tempest" and then it was randomly taken away. For...no explainable reason really.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2024 at 12:56 AM, Lord_Shadow13 said:

Is there any chance we can regain the ability to change our usernames? Or at the very least what is displayed for comments & forum posts? We used to have the ability a while back and I was called "Martial Tempest" and then it was randomly taken away. For...no explainable reason really.

I don't think that was an option in the past, unless it was all the way back in 2014 to early 2018 on the old Wordpress version of the site. 

We do change usernames upon request, but allowing it to be done freely can be kind of problematic. There's a lot of potential for confusion and abuse, meaning that it would need a long cooldown, and/or some moderation features for our CMS. So for now it's a relatively low priority, but we will most likely revisit it at some point. 

9 hours ago, Jaspaaar said:

I don't think that was an option in the past, unless it was all the way back in 2014 to early 2018 on the old Wordpress version of the site. 

We do change usernames upon request, but allowing it to be done freely can be kind of problematic. There's a lot of potential for confusion and abuse, meaning that it would need a long cooldown, and/or some moderation features for our CMS. So for now it's a relatively low priority, but we will most likely revisit it at some point. 

1. It was the Wordpress version of the site, correct.

2. How do I make an official request so that can be done?