2+ years, No site credits?

JcnPeng18

Hello,

I'd like to start a ticket, but I can't find the support button anywhere. It might be my fault since I have a vision issue here.

Anyway, my problem is kinda simple. I've been a VIP diamond member since August 2020 or 2021 without missing a period, yet I've not been given any site credits. Yes, I use Google pay through the app, but I seriously doubt this should be an excuse to a reputable business when dealing with paying customers.

From the FAQs, it directly says that all VIP subscriptions are given site credits based on the subscription tier. The exception to this being those who use Google pay and Apple pay through the app, due to whatever reason. I understand you guys have posted it there in writing to cover your butts if someone complains (Hi there 👋), but that doesn't make it right. You allow this payment method/situation to occur while hiding it in the FAQs. Had I not been looking into Championing a novel, I wouldn't have even known about the existence of site credits.

Now I know how site credits work, I feel cheated out of 2+ years of stuff I've been paying for that I didn't receive. Again, yes, it's there in writing, hidden in the FAQs...but that still doesn't make it right. From the FAQs, it can be assumed that anyone not using GPay and APay will always get their full services paid for every cycle. So what about those of us using the app? Are we not paying the same money for the same services? How can it be explained away by something hidden in the FAQs?

I'd really like someone from WW to get back to me about this, because I'm feeling real cheated right now.

On 11/11/2023 at 1:02 AM, JcnPeng18 said:

Hello,

I'd like to start a ticket, but I can't find the support button anywhere. It might be my fault since I have a vision issue here.

Anyway, my problem is kinda simple. I've been a VIP diamond member since August 2020 or 2021 without missing a period, yet I've not been given any site credits. Yes, I use Google pay through the app, but I seriously doubt this should be an excuse to a reputable business when dealing with paying customers.

From the FAQs, it directly says that all VIP subscriptions are given site credits based on the subscription tier. The exception to this being those who use Google pay and Apple pay through the app, due to whatever reason. I understand you guys have posted it there in writing to cover your butts if someone complains (Hi there 👋), but that doesn't make it right. You allow this payment method/situation to occur while hiding it in the FAQs. Had I not been looking into Championing a novel, I wouldn't have even known about the existence of site credits.

Now I know how site credits work, I feel cheated out of 2+ years of stuff I've been paying for that I didn't receive. Again, yes, it's there in writing, hidden in the FAQs...but that still doesn't make it right. From the FAQs, it can be assumed that anyone not using GPay and APay will always get their full services paid for every cycle. So what about those of us using the app? Are we not paying the same money for the same services? How can it be explained away by something hidden in the FAQs?

I'd really like someone from WW to get back to me about this, because I'm feeling real cheated right now.

Hey! To explain, there's a technical reason behind why we aren't able to give site credit for VIP subscriptions made through the app. When a payment is made, the app stores' APIs tell us that the payment has been made for a certain subscription, but, crucially, they don't tell us how much was paid. Which is a problem, because site credit is given in a way that matches the payment amount (you pay $5.66, and you get $5.66 of site credit).

We know that this isn't ideal, however, we still want to give readers the option to subscribe via the app (some users don't have access to the payment methods that the website requires), despite the caveat. So, on top of explaining the situation in the FAQ, we explicitly state the lack of site credit on the app's VIP page:

image.thumb.png.a54598f3af6dec60519b2275a63e77c5.png

We aren't able to provide more description than that in the app, because mentioning the website would be in breach of the app stores' policies.

For reference on how strict the app stores can be, Apple is currently blocking the iOS app updates we're trying to release, because our store description contains "https://www.wuxiaworld.com", and from their perspective, that constitutes a "call-to-action and/or URL that directs users to external mechanisms for purchases or subscriptions to be used in the app." I wish I was joking.

But, obviously it's understandable for you to be unhappy about missing out on the site credit. Feel free to send me an email to jasper@wuxiaworld.com with your account's email address, and we'll work something out. 

• Like 1