灵境行者 — Spirit Realm Walker

Chinese Title: 灵境行者

English Title: Spirit Realm Walker

Link: Qidian

I've read this title on Qidian's Web Novel site. They had translated a total of 40 chapters of it but never continued. I suppose they were doing something like poll for which series to pick, but unfortunately it didn't get to see the light. Even though it’s rating, and average reader review were good and appreciative. I’ll point the reasons why it should be picked, though’ it’s mostly from my perspective, if you found some faults I would appreciate if you corrected me.

1.      Qidian’s top series. This series topped Qidian’s popularity or reader (?) index for more than 2 weeks, making it popular enough that it’s enough of a reason to consider it for licensing.

2.      No fan translation. I check it on NU and found out that there are no more than only five to six chapters out but it’s been months since anyone did post anything so it’s clear that it’s the best time to pick this up before it’s get picked by any fan translation group.

3.      Great story and plot. This series normally has this “system” like thing but it’s more than that. The system doesn’t work as a second hero but it’s only auxiliary that provides information for the given task. It’s more like a mystery system. I will say it, I never liked system novels since it feels like the system is doing all the work and our protagonist is just laying on it’s work but after reading the 40 chapters by WN it felt more like, say D-Genesis (JP), system wise. It’s all to give you task and all. And the majority of support is given not by the system but the supporting characters and they are great, dare I say.

4.      Protagonist isn’t over powered (OP). This is enough for most of us to like it as he grows strong but not that crazy strong and it takes it’s time for that. Paced if I say.

5.      This is my personal by the way. Our protagonist’s girlfriend is older than him. YES YES YES!!! Oh, and it’s a non-harem. YES YES YES!!!!

Though it’s only by these 40 chapters I’ve concluded the things I’ve listed, with the one about girlfriend being taken from Baidu search, it’s like fandom. More chapters would have given a more pronounced take on the story but considering how much the reader on WN loved it, it’s great. I hope the Wuxia World’s administration looks into and consider it if it’s worth licensing. 

For those wanting to read the official 40 chapters this is the link: Webnovel

Edited by BakeKuroNeko
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Himkagiri said:

Webnovel is getting worse day by day

They'll continue series that are utter garbage that even the web novel's readers and its communities' mock but will not continue that are well received by the community because these genres are the starting point of any reader, and they are willing to pay for it while newer genre or ideas are mostly hard received because they aren't the majority like xianxia or xuanhuan. Only those who've spent times with the community or have read enough will know how their first choices are utter garbage for them now. I still wonder what caused me to read Martial Peak in which the same shit repeats itself for who knows how much volumes that it's even feels laughable. Veterans are few to begin with.  It's good that WW is bringing new genres and ideas that help alleviate the negative feedback of Chinese WN.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BakeKuroNeko said:

They'll continue series that are utter garbage that even the web novel's readers and its communities' mock but will not continue that are well received by the community because these genres are the starting point of any reader, and they are willing to pay for it while newer genre or ideas are mostly hard received because they aren't the majority like xianxia or xuanhuan. Only those who've spent times with the community or have read enough will know how their first choices are utter garbage for them now. I still wonder what caused me to read Martial Peak in which the same shit repeats itself for who knows how much volumes that it's even feels laughable. Veterans are few to begin with.  It's good that WW is bringing new genres and ideas that help alleviate the negative feedback of Chinese WN.

i agree with you bro 

i was reading worlds apocalypse online and its been a month they updated it

On 10/25/2023 at 5:10 PM, BakeKuroNeko said:

Chinese Title: 灵境行者

English Title: Spirit Realm Walker

Link: Qidian

I've read this title on Qidian's Web Novel site. They had translated a total of 40 chapters of it but never continued. I suppose they were doing something like poll for which series to pick, but unfortunately it didn't get to see the light. Even though it’s rating, and average reader review were good and appreciative. I’ll point the reasons why it should be picked, though’ it’s mostly from my perspective, if you found some faults I would appreciate if you corrected me.

1.      Qidian’s top series. This series topped Qidian’s popularity or reader (?) index for more than 2 weeks, making it popular enough that it’s enough of a reason to consider it for licensing.

2.      No fan translation. I check it on NU and found out that there are no more than only five to six chapters out but it’s been months since anyone did post anything so it’s clear that it’s the best time to pick this up before it’s get picked by any fan translation group.

3.      Great story and plot. This series normally has this “system” like thing but it’s more than that. The system doesn’t work as a second hero but it’s only auxiliary that provides information for the given task. It’s more like a mystery system. I will say it, I never liked system novels since it feels like the system is doing all the work and our protagonist is just laying on it’s work but after reading the 40 chapters by WN it felt more like, say D-Genesis (JP), system wise. It’s all to give you task and all. And the majority of support is given not by the system but the supporting characters and they are great, dare I say.

4.      Protagonist isn’t over powered (OP). This is enough for most of us to like it as he grows strong but not that crazy strong and it takes it’s time for that. Paced if I say.

5.      This is my personal by the way. Our protagonist’s girlfriend is older than him. YES YES YES!!! Oh, and it’s a non-harem. YES YES YES!!!!

Though it’s only by these 40 chapters I’ve concluded the things I’ve listed, with the one about girlfriend being taken from Baidu search, it’s like fandom. More chapters would have given a more pronounced take on the story but considering how much the reader on WN loved it, it’s great. I hope the Wuxia World’s administration looks into and consider it if it’s worth licensing. 

For those wanting to read the official 40 chapters this is the link: Webnovel

After reading the 5th point, I agree for this novel to be translated!

• 1 month later...
23 hours ago, Drago2014 said:

I started using chatgpt for this to read lol and till now I have completed the book 1 and I can say it's interesting and not like any regular overpowered mc. He is smart and meticulous and till now the book is really drawing me in.. 

You need some serious brains and patience to read MTL. You people scare me. 

• Haha 1