Unsheathed adaptation Sword of Coming series

meeno

Will be released with a first episode on August 15th. 

My biggest worry is that since the series is still fairly new with less than 500 chapters that justice to such a splendid novel will not be done. This series has such a complex world building platform with characters being introduced almost every few chapters how much and how many of them will be left out our dismissed as not important. 

The inner monologues of our characters are a mainstay and enhance each character bringing them to life. How much will be left out again is a worry. 

I guess we will find out in a few days whether it is worthy or deemed as a failure. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, meeno said:

Will be released with a first episode on August 15th. 

My biggest worry is that since the series is still fairly new with less than 500 chapters that justice to such a splendid novel will not be done. This series has such a complex world building platform with characters being introduced almost every few chapters how much and how many of them will be left out our dismissed as not important. 

The inner monologues of our characters are a mainstay and enhance each character bringing them to life. How much will be left out again is a worry. 

I guess we will find out in a few days whether it is worthy or deemed as a failure. 

I've been looking forward to it for a long time! The novel actually has over 1100 chapters, it's just that our translation is only in the 300s currently. But yeah, hopefully this adaptation will do it justice.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jaspaaar said:

I've been looking forward to it for a long time! The novel actually has over 1100 chapters, it's just that our translation is only in the 300s currently. But yeah, hopefully this adaptation will do it justice.

I did not think that there were that many chapters. Had wondered if there would be enough source material to carry a season, but with 1100, that is one thing we can check off of our worried list. 

On 8/14/2024 at 3:52 PM, Jaspaaar said:

Watched the first episode, the artwork is amazing and on par for what we have come to expect recently. As for the character representation, somewhat on par with how I had pictured CPA but a bit more grubby and shorter and darker since that is mentioned often. 

As for storyline, a lot was missed picking up with where the outsiders come to SJW for the first time. Not sure how I feel about this since no real explanation is given that will compensate for the lack of an info dump for those who have not read the series. 

Next few episodes will be telling.