Japanese Web/Light Novels on WW?

Daoist_Paradox

Are there any Japanese light/web novels on WW? If not, then why? The platform has tons of chinese and korean web novels, so it doesn't make sense if it's excluding the Japanese ones. Compared to Chinese and Korean novels, many times Japanese light/web novels sometimes offer a higher dose of wish-fulfillment.

WW has KR novels because they're owned by Kakao, a KR publisher. They have CN novels because they have agreements with Qidian (or whatever rebrand they decided on recently), a CN publisher.

They don't have JP novels because they don't have any JP business relationships. Simple as that.

Might've been different yeeeeeears ago when WW was a small, legally grey, unlicensed TL site, but blithely translating other companies' IP is a lot riskier when you're a registered corp with actual assets to go after.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2023 at 10:48 AM, Daoist_Paradox said:

Are there any Japanese light/web novels on WW? If not, then why? The platform has tons of chinese and korean web novels, so it doesn't make sense if it's excluding the Japanese ones. Compared to Chinese and Korean novels, many times Japanese light/web novels sometimes offer a higher dose of wish-fulfillment.

But are there any good JP novels that can be considered close to CN or KR on terms of quality? And I'm not talking about the handful of the famous ones that have an anime adaptation. Most of the times I just find JP novels cringe.

• Like 1

I read Spanish translations of Goblin Hunter edited in Argentina by Ivrea, and they are quite good. I also read English translations of I'm a spider, So what?  that I got from Amazon and I enjoyed it quite a lot. 

But as rkumar18 says, those are great ones that already have manga and anime.

11 hours ago, rkumar18 said:

But are there any good JP novels that can be considered close to CN or KR on terms of quality? And I'm not talking about the handful of the famous ones that have an anime adaptation. Most of the times I just find JP novels cringe.

More than you can count. 

Edited by BakeKuroNeko
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/5/2023 at 10:34 AM, rkumar18 said:

Are they cringe? Yes.

But do they provide lethal doses of wish-fulfillment? Also yes.

And I need that lethal dose man!

• Like 1

On 11/5/2023 at 12:04 PM, rkumar18 said:

the JP Novel that i read are (they are completly translated already or is already translated):

-Sevens (this one is clasic)

- the darkness was comfortable to me (completely translated)
- the death mage doesnt want a fourth time (but i havent read it in a long time since i have been pretty busy during weekdays n catching up to my WW novels in weekend)

or.... u can just go to reigokai. their novels are pretty good 

• Like 1