Author Jee Gab Song's other novels (Writer of The Novel's Extra)

The Novel's Extra has done well here on WW twice now, and I for one would like to try out the other offerings this author has created.

A Monster Who Levels UpA Monster Who Levels Up

Written before The Novel's Extra back in 2017.  175 chapters in total (Prologue + 174 ch) Completed Story

This is a story of a man named Kim Sae-Jin, who one day, inexplicably wakes up as a Monster.  It sounds like a follows a path similar to re:Monster but with the goal of becoming human again after growing as a monster... so maybe in the vein of Walking Daddy?  It would be interesting to see how he develops the story considering how well done the world and characters were developed in TNE.  Rated 3.6/5.

Genre: Action, Adventure, Drama, Fantasy, Mystery, Seinen, Supernatural

Original Publisher is KW Books

The Villain Wants to LiveThe Villain Wants to Live

Written after TNE in 2021.  362 chapters in total. Completed Story

The Mid-Level boss of my company's AAA-game Deculein, a villain who dies in 999 out of the 1000 play-throughs.  Now I have transmigrated in his body.  This seems similar to several stories I've read but is a different twist by becoming a villainous character instead of just a normal character.  His darker characters in TNE were the most interesting to me, so I hope that this will follow suit.  It has good reviews at 4.2/5.

Genre:  Action, Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Harem, Psychological, School Life, Tragedy

Memoirs of the ReturneeMemoirs of the Returnee

Written most recently in 2023.  302 Chapters (Ongoing)

It was a useless ability, right till the very end, That's what Shion thought as he was dying. Among all the trash, it was the trashiest that could only record.  Even when the Libra family was taking his life, his ability, ~Notepad~ , could only record.  But then, with his return, the amplification of the ~Notepad~ ability occured. Not only recording and storing, but also recalling memories.  All the conditions were prepared.  "My future dream is to be a guardian knight of Libra."  Now Shion is about to record their downfall, close to his enemies.  This is his current work and feels a lot closer to the feel of TNE. 

Genre: Action, Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Harem, Romance, School Life, Tragedy

With the author being someone who has already had translated work on WW, and all having the same original publisher. I am hoping this means we have a pathway already established to continue the relationship and get his other works translated and in their rightful home on WW as well.  The company's website is www.kwbooks.co.kr however it looks like they were acquired by Kakao Entertainment.  Anyway, good luck masterlonaiAs for the other reader's, let me know if any of you are interested in these titles as well.  Sorry the formating is different from the normal method but figured it would work instead of having to start three separate threads since they all have a common trait(the author/publisher).

Thanks again.

• Like 1

-1 vote. GabSong has a reputation.

At first glance, his novels seem gold - plot's well-crafted, story moves at a brisk pace, and the prologue hooks you in. But then, the plot thickens – and not in a good way.

You wade through a swamp of drama, watch heroines get benched like second-string quarterbacks, and trudge through bloated story arcs that make you wish for a fast-forward button. And the finale? It's the kind of letdown that makes you wonder if the book was actually a secret ploy to test your patience.

All of his books have been translated, and although the quality of the translations varies his rep hasn't changed. TNE was originally a WW exclusive, so its return is appropriate. His latest novel is trending on the KR novel charts, making it commercially viable to feature it on WW. Everything else tho? NOPE.

• Like 1