The Emperor of the Wilderness/大荒人皇

"大荒人皇" is written by the Chinese author 黑眼白发, who has extensive experience in writing and many novels under his belt such as "The Great Lord of the Ancient Witch Clan".

The original publisher is Qidian. Here is a link to the novel: https://www.qidian.com/book/1038666534/

As for why I think this novel should be picked up and licensed, it is because it is based on the ancient wilderness world, a world fraught with beasts and guardian deities, a world with unique cultivation worlds, and an exciting storytelling, at least for me. As for the premise, it might be similar to "Perfect World" in some areas, but they are totally different. For example, the guardian deities in "Emperor of the Wilderness" can get stronger by killing and devouring other guardian deities of other clans.

Feng Wuji, the main character, is a transmigrator and owns a unique cheat that can help him easily understand techniques and rapidly master them, giving him strong powers compared to others in the same realm. The side characters feel nice to read, and they don't seem redundant. It is truly one of the best currently on Qidian.

• Like 1

On 5/11/2024 at 3:36 AM, Cultivating is a dream said:

"大荒人皇" is written by the Chinese author 黑眼白发, who has extensive experience in writing and many novels under his belt such as "The Great Lord of the Ancient Witch Clan".

I checked out one of the author's other books and it was a wuxia fanfic. This ain't similar, right? Fanfic are problematic to monetize.

it is because it is based on the ancient wilderness world, a world fraught with beasts and guardian deities, a world with unique cultivation worlds, and an exciting storytelling, at least for me. As for the premise, it might be similar to "Perfect World" in some areas, but they are totally different.

Perfect World is one of the infamous "awesome in Chinese, not that good Translated" novels. I don't want that to repeat. Could you be more specific?

Feng Wuji, the main character, is a transmigrator and owns a unique cheat that can help him easily understand techniques and rapidly master them, giving him strong powers compared to others in the same realm. The side characters feel nice to read, and they don't seem redundant.

That isn't unique. Like, 7/10 among xianxia and TLed novels have that (otherwise no one would bother translating them).

Sorry if I sounded rude, I am starting with using AI to paraphrase and sometimes I mess up. If you took offense to any of my replies, please notify me so that I can change/ edit. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2024 at 7:57 AM, stellartranslations said:

I checked out one of the author's other books and it was a wuxia fanfic. This ain't similar, right? Fanfic are problematic to monetize

I have only read the free chapters and there was no indication of it being a fanfic, it is just a novel using the setting of the ancient desolate where beasts are kind of above humans type of vibe, I could not get my hands on the chapters after the book was launched 

Perfect World is one of the infamous "awesome in Chinese, not that good Translated" novels. I don't want that to repeat. Could you be more specific?

I read mostly untranslated novels now and use chat GPT to translate them, some of them get a bit awkward to read with names changing once in a while but this one did not have this issue and read pretty well and with a nice flow almost as if a translator had translated it, though this is proof, it might be an indication, also to be honest, I can't make a comparison with Perfect Work on whether it is as you stated since I can't read it in Chinese, Perfect World was nice to read in my preference as an English reader.

That isn't unique. Like, 7/10 among xianxia and TLed novels have that (otherwise no one would bother translating them).

Well most cheats are like systems, ancestors, beast souls, unique technique's ... etc. Cheats that boost understanding are unique and this book is one like that, it has a cheat which let's him understand bone inscriptions 

also you did not sound rude mate no need to worry, I am quite sorry for replying so late, I was buddy with exams and research papers, I once again apologize. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...