Level Up with Skills/Ascension Through Skills (스킬빨로 레벨업)

Description

The labyrinth that swallowed humanity. Four choices were given to them.

Easy Mode, where anyone can survive. Normal Mode, where only those who fight survive. Hard Mode, where only 1% can survive. And the Solo Mode, where only one person survived.

The strongest returnee of humanity, Kang Taesan, was an Easy Mode player.

He heard countless times,

“What if you had chosen the Hard Mode, or even the Normal Mode?”

Regretting his cowardly choice while dying amidst destruction, he gets another chance to choose.

“This time, I won’t make the wrong choice.”

The strongest Easy Mode player has returned.

This is an interesting series that has a manhwa.  It seems similar to Second Life Ranker which we have on WW.  The Korean publisher is Golem Factory, but has no English publisher.  It's 622 Chapters with 582 for the main story and 40 Extra side stories.  It has an interesting gimmick to it but while reading the Manhwa as someone who has played a lot of games and read several LNs dealing with the game genre, it drove me crazy with their mistranslated wording of the skill types.... it's freaking PASSIVE skils and ACTIVE skills.  ARGH!!!.  The translators used so many different attempts for those two SIMPLE game terms.  Anyway I digress.  The main idea is that the MC goes the route of a completionist (you know who your are if your a gamer... your steam achievement list for 100% complete games is probably lengthy) and tries to collect every passive skills or any other side quests to become strong since he was limited on stats.  He made the wrong decision the first time through and chose easy mode which limited him. After a Regression he is able to re-select the difficulty so that this time he isn't limited with his stats and level, but still does what he can to get all the skills which makes him OP.

I hope we can get the license to this, cause it has been a fun read so far.  Lemme know what you guys think.

Novel Updates Link

• Like 2

Wouldn't really recommend this novel tbh. Manhwa makes the novel more readable, novel is kinda generic - basically Tutorial is Too Hard without the timejumps. There are other Tower Climbers with manhwa that I would recommend for picking up.

Absolute Necromancer, Trapped in the Tower and Climbing the Tower that even the Regressor Couldn't are better IMO.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, stellartranslations said:

Wouldn't really recommend this novel tbh. Manhwa makes the novel more readable, novel is kinda generic - basically Tutorial is Too Hard without the timejumps. There are other Tower Climbers with manhwa that I would recommend for picking up.

Absolute Necromancer, Trapped in the Tower and Climbing the Tower that even the Regressor Couldn't are better IMO.

I have read the Absolute Necromancer manhwa and it's pretty good. But it just feels like a copy paste of Second Life Ranker. And can't say much about the other two titles as I haven't read those manhwas.

19 hours ago, rkumar18 said:

I have read the Absolute Necromancer manhwa and it's pretty good. But it just feels like a copy paste of Second Life Ranker. And can't say much about the other two titles as I haven't read those manhwas.

Trapped in the Tower has more comedy, deeper focus on Tower Climbing and MC's guild and friends are based AF.

Climbing the Tower that even the Regressor Couldn't, well I don't like the SUBVERSION and single-heroine romance. Still it does have good setup, worldbuilding and author can write decently if he wants to.

• Like 1