Generative AI Author Character Depictions?

WuxiaSinfae

I love when novels I read have commissioned art of beloved characters from the author. Really helps visualize them and immerse further.  Maybe there's potential for Wux to do work with ongoing license work and everything to encourage and facilitate authors taking a couple passes at using AI to generate their character likenesses for novels more frequently? 

• Like 1

Ah, some authors do use them. But it's up to each author's discretion if they want to spend the extra effort to commission/generate those arts. Also, when they commission art pieces, there's also the chance that the creator withhold the original global publishing rights and only sold them the rights for domestic use only. Those artwork will then not end up with Wuxiaworld.

There sometimes is some art at the end of a chapter of "Damn reincarnation". 

I don't know if it's from the manwha version, of if has another source, but your suggestion is interesting. 

How does WW make the covers for the published books once the novel is finished ?

Sometimes authors commission art. Like Against the Gods has some really great art for it on the novels Wux home page.  I know there's more. Hmm. A Korean novel I read had some. Second Coming of Gluttony? Really brings characters to life.

With a little work on the process, maybe donations to some part of Wux and learning about how to use it and streamlining could maybe even go hand in hand with cover picture generation.