Hello everyone!!! (from Lonai)

Hello everyone,

MasterLonai here, your friendly neighborhood content manager at Wuxiaworld Korea. I've realized I've been around for a while and never properly said 'hello.' So, here I am, saying – Hello!

My mission with Cosyjuhye, on the Wuxiaworld team is to license as many cool titles as I can and to respond to your posts. However, please understand that my comments only convey our intentions, but it's not guaranteed that we can get the green light from the publishers themselves. As you all know, all official judgments and announcements are made only after a long period of complex negotiation process. Not every negotiation concludes successfully due to various 'somewhat business' and 'somewhat political' reasons.

For example, I know many of you are eager to read titles published by MUNPIA, which is a very closed-off content provider we never cooperated with before. Therefore, in order to license those titles, I have to break into their office and rob the CEO's PC. It requires time and braveness to act with such ruthless behavior 😂 

Despite all the hardships and obstacles I face, I will do my best to bring the hot and popular titles to Wuxiaworld.

Thank you!

Edited by masterlonai
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• masterlonai changed the title to Hello everyone!!! (from Lonai)

We have many friendly partner CPs, including KW Books, Intime, D&C Media, Fansia, RS Media, Bifrost, Daon Creatives, and more. However, to license each title, we need to obtain permission from individual authors. This is why I cannot guarantee the licensing. But, don't worry. If necessary, I will do whatever I can do.

• Like 3

On 1/15/2024 at 1:09 PM, stellartranslations said:

Naver, Kakao, Munpia, Ridibooks & Novelpia are the most popular KR publisher websites AFAIK.

Can you rank the publishers from easiest licensing to hardest licensing?

I think the easiest would be Kakao as WW is owned by them but as masterlonai said individual authors should agree.

• Like 1

On 1/21/2024 at 12:57 AM, rkumar18 said:

I think the easiest would be Kakao as WW is owned by them but as masterlonai said individual authors should agree.

Just to clarify something that differs from Chinese sites and Korean sites. So, in China, we have Qidian, which is a major platform, and they contract with writers directly and manage them. And then, we have other platforms like 17k, zhongheng which also contract and manage their own authors. On the other hand, in Korea, we have smaller management companies like KW Books, Intime, D&C Media, etc, that Masterlorai had mentioned. They are the ones who discover potential authors, sign a contract with them and also manage them. These management companies then serialize the novel on Naver, Kakao, Munpia, Ridibooks & Novelpia etc.  
So for licensing KR novels, we actually need to go to the management companies themselves and seek approval from them and the author. But thankfully, since we have Kakao as our backing, we are in a rather good negotiating position with these companies ^^

Edited by Cosyjuhye
  • Like 7

However even with Kakao as a backing, we've had no success in convincing Joara to let us get Memorize translated.  The author has his other works translated on this site, so I assume the issue isn't with him or his management.  Would love an update/opinions on this, why its not happening or able to, if there's anything that can be done.  It's one of the more requested licensing deals that I've seen on WW since TSCoG was so successful. 

Anyway, thanks for the work you do. We appreciate it.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I appreciate your comments. At first, I'd like to inform you that we are reaching out to Joara and related firm through various channels to license 'Memorize'. I hope to share some positive news regarding that soon. However, there's still a lot of uncertainty before we can finalize the contract. Please understand that the titles you're interested in are also the ones we're eager to lincese. It just... takes time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, masterlonai said:

I appreciate your comments. At first, I'd like to inform you that we are reaching out to Joara and related firm through various channels to license 'Memorize'. I hope to share some positive news regarding that soon. However, there's still a lot of uncertainty before we can finalize the contract. Please understand that the titles you're interested in are also the ones we're eager to lincese. It just... takes time.

please wuxiaworld please translate the memorize i am waiting 

• Like 2