I’m Going to Destroy this Country / 이 나라를 없앨 예정인데요

Syfphet

Name: I’m Going to Destroy this Country / 이 나라를 없앨 예정인데요

Why should it get licensed?: I think the novel is quite funny from what I've read so far. The story follows a Korean man who is reincarnated as a Lich and embarks on a centuries-spanning journey to regain his humanity. In pursuit of his goal, he strikes a deal with the gods but ultimately faces betrayal. Although the novel is currently being translated, it seems to rely on MTL with some human editing. And I believe that with proper translation, this novel has the potential to truly shine.

Status in COO: 330 chapters (Complete)

Original: https://page.kakao.com/content/59193854

Novelupdates: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/im-going-to-destroy-this-country/

Genres: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy

Synopsis: 

There was once the worst Skeleton Demon King who even gave the gods headaches.

“If you do our work, we will make you a human.”

But he was deceived by the gods and sealed.

“Since the Demon King is gone, let’s eliminate all the demons.”

“Let’s leave the demon extermination, preaching, and everything else to our precious Saint.”

“The Skeleton Demon King will be imprisoned for life and tortured in the maggot.”

That’s what was said for sure.

“Oh my, little dear Saint, have you woken up?”

Did he become a Saint? And even the son of a nobleman in the Holy Empire that feeds the gods? Then if he destroys this country, won’t the gods also be destroyed?

“Oh my, why does the little Saint seem so happy?”

“Little Saint, this is a disgusting toy of the Skeleton Demon King. Would you like to break it once?”

“The great gods recovered everything from the Skeleton Demon King who challenged the gods without restraint.”

…Let’s destroy this country.

Let’s eliminate it while breaking the backbone of the gods.

Here's some skepticism from me, because a synopsis will always sound great.

The author is SAN.G, who has written <Tomb Raider King> and <Return of the Disaster-Class Hero>, and reviews about these two novels constantly mention one-dimensional, "ruthless" MC who actually can't think for himself, and just goes around getting every little thing he wants to get with very little to no challenge at all.

Based on the synopsis, I don't think the author has changed the personality of the MC, and while racism won't be a problem because of the isekai-esque worldbuilding, I hardly see a difference between this novel and his two previous works.

Just my two cents. Don't take it seriously.

• Thanks 1