Comment Issue - unable to reply.

I am not able to reply to comments which are under my thread. These are old comments & this issue has been here for a long long time (even in previous app) 

Before it simply didn't register but now atleast I get a permission denied alert. But why ? What should I do ? (other than getting in the website and replying) 

SideNote: I have Auto-unlock chapters off. 

Screenshot_20231120-212355.jpg

in my experience this happens when i try to reply to a comment on a locked chapter, the solution is always just to unlock the chapter first. the system has always worked like this iirc, but it can be confusing since these comments are probably from before ongoing novels had newly released chapters locked by default, so you would make a comment while they're unlocked and then try to respond to them years later after they'd been locked.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2023 at 12:42 AM, megaautist said:

in my experience this happens when i try to reply to a comment on a locked chapter, the solution is always just to unlock the chapter first. the system has always worked like this iirc, but it can be confusing since these comments are probably from before ongoing novels had newly released chapters locked by default, so you would make a comment while they're unlocked and then try to respond to them years later after they'd been locked.

That is true. What I want is for that chapter ro either

1. auto-unlock (using free thing) else

2. prompt to unlock the chapter first and redirect or 

3. Can only enable us to comment to that particular thread. 

This is easily achievable in web site (mobile or desktop) but not in mobile app which feels like a punishment for using it to check notifications!