Korean Web Novel - Novelupdates link

No current English publisher.  Its completed both main story and side stories.  Has protagonist put in a bad starting situation where he has to build up his position in his family and his family's territory, while strengthening his strength, both personally and militaristic. Has a lot of kingdom building and video game/rpg elements.  It would be a fun one to read and also might get some popularity since it has a manhua that has finished its first season.

On 11/1/2023 at 11:37 PM, JadeBeautiesInYourArea said:

@rkumar18Shit, you're right - There's a TL on Webnovel. Yeah, probably not happening then.

If I'm not wrong, this novel was translated by Active Translations which was a fan translation group and it was completely translated 2 years back. I just checked on Webnovel and the person who has uploaded the chapters on Webnovel said that they just uploaded the chapters, so, that they can read it there.

My issue is that this is both a business for WW, and also the publisher/author.  With a fan translation, it's great that we can read it but it doesn't benefit the website or author.  If the argument is that the work is already done, then maybe WW can contact the fan that translated it, get them to edit it and re-upload it here and get income for both the publishers/author as well as getting some money for the person who translated it.  I personally like to use WW's mobile app to read my stories since I am already at the computer a lot, and I like that it can text to voice it for me.  So I want to have WW expand their library and also help the authors and these novels get a broader audience that can read and enjoy them.

15 hours ago, Exempt said:

My issue is that this is both a business for WW, and also the publisher/author.  With a fan translation, it's great that we can read it but it doesn't benefit the website or author.  If the argument is that the work is already done, then maybe WW can contact the fan that translated it, get them to edit it and re-upload it here and get income for both the publishers/author as well as getting some money for the person who translated it.  I personally like to use WW's mobile app to read my stories since I am already at the computer a lot, and I like that it can text to voice it for me.  So I want to have WW expand their library and also help the authors and these novels get a broader audience that can read and enjoy them.

I agree with you that the authors should get the profit that they deserve. But, you are forgetting something important that is 'Will people re-read the series which has already been translated more than 2 years ago?'. Toika's works are very popular, I'm pretty sure that many people have already read this novel. And piracy had always had a broader audience compare to the official ones. I'm one of those reader who have already read this novel 2 years ago and wouldn't want to re-read it. I would very much like WW to bring some good novels that haven't gotten the attention.