Comments are seriously broken right now.

Dear Wuxiaworld team,

I have to point out that recently, commenting has been seriously broken for me.

As I already pointed out in another thread (Commenting problem), I had two nonsensical issues where I got the message "Your comment must first be manually approved before it will show. Sorry for the inconvenience."

The comments were:

"This situation is quite tricky. If Tianming not only saves, but also befriends those cultivators, the four fools might still harm them. So Tianming might have to rely on Jian Qinghe's authority? This could be interesting."

and

"While are many things about this situation that I don't like for several reasons (that even go as far as going against the worldbuilding), this certainly is a nice mess now. I can't argue with that."

respectively.

While it's possible to disagree with the content, this is no spam whatsoever. Even the four fools from the first comment is a reference to a group of four fourth-rate villains in the story.

And despite the note telling me that the comments will be manually approved, I see no sign of the first comment even 48 hours later. That effectively discourages me and other people who might be affected by this nonsense from writing comments in the first place.

And just a few minutes ago, I got a third issue with a comment for MECB chapter 292. I don't have a copy of that comment, but I only wrote that a certain character apparently forgot that he's supposed to dislike fighting. So far, so good. But comment was actually posted, but then I edited the comment, adding a sentence stating the thought that maybe I should've saved that comment for a better or more fitting opportunity. And then upon sending it the whole comment just vanished?! And I didn't even get any sort of message this time.

If I'm not being targeted for some reason, then the system is seriously broken. Which is really really odd because the cultivation keys were introduced to revitalize the comment section. But I'm effectively getting hindered time and time again for, I dare say, no reason, which is very discouraging and frustrating.

And since I'm no alien, this problem should affect other people as well.

Please get this fixed soon.

Edited by Veoryascaleth
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, Veoryascaleth said:

Dear Wuxiaworld team,

I have to point out that recently, commenting has been seriously broken for me.

As I already pointed out in another thread (Commenting problem), I had two nonsensical issues where I got the message "Your comment must first be manually approved before it will show. Sorry for the inconvenience."

The comments were:

"This situation is quite tricky. If Tianming not only saves, but also befriends those cultivators, the four fools might still harm them. So Tianming might have to rely on Jian Qinghe's authority? This could be interesting."

and

"While are many things about this situation that I don't like for several reasons (that even go as far as going against the worldbuilding), this certainly is a nice mess now. I can't argue with that."

respectively.

While it's possible to disagree with the content, this is no spam whatsoever. Even the four fools from the first comment is a reference to a group of four fourth-rate villains in the story.

And despite the note telling me that the comments will be manually approved, I see no sign of the first comment even 48 hours later. That effectively discourages me and other people who might be affected by this nonsense from writing comments in the first place.

And just a few minutes ago, I got a third issue with a comment for MECB chapter 292. I don't have a copy of that comment, but I only wrote that a certain character apparently forgot that he's supposed to dislike fighting. So far, so good. But comment was actually posted, but then I edited the comment, adding a sentence stating the thought that maybe I should've saved that comment for a better or more fitting opportunity. And then upon sending it the whole comment just vanished?! And I didn't even get any sort of message this time.

If I'm not being targeted for some reason, then the system is seriously broken. Which is really really odd because the cultivation keys were introduced to revitalize the comment section. But I'm effectively getting hindered time and time again for, I dare say, no reason, which is very discouraging and frustrating.

And since I'm no alien, this problem should affect other people as well.

Please get this fixed soon.

It is probably not anymore about your comments (if I look at other threads in here) - but your Account may be under supervision. 

So take it easy for the next 2 weeks and you should be good. 

1 hour ago, PG. F-God said:

It is probably not anymore about your comments (if I look at other threads in here) - but your Account may be under supervision. 

So take it easy for the next 2 weeks and you should be good. 

Wait, you're saying I'm really being targeted for some reason? Even if only temporarily, why would that be?

7 minutes ago, Veoryascaleth said:

Wait, you're saying I'm really being targeted for some reason? Even if only temporarily, why would that be?

I do not know, could be. Maybe you posted one or two comments with words that were not allowed. 

Maybe not. 

Maybe Wuxiaworld has some problems right now (if you look at the forum there are a lot of login and commenting issues). 

So sadly we can only wait at the moment. 

21 minutes ago, Veoryascaleth said:

Did you perhaps a reformed commenter who used to spam thanks and such? 

Maybe they put you on

Spoiler

Wuxiaworld-FBI

watchlist because of that, even if you've repented since. 

2 hours ago, RainbowHare said:

Did you perhaps a reformed commenter who used to spam thanks and such? 

Maybe they put you on

Hide contents

Wuxiaworld-FBI

watchlist because of that, even if you've repented since. 

Nope, I never did that and I've been writing comments pretty much ever since the karma system was introduced back then. I might have argued a bit too much on occasion, but that's it. And even then, I've never been called out on that or warned in any way (like losing karma, at least I don't remember anything).

Edited by Veoryascaleth

I have also been having this issue. I've never spammed comments and rarely even made them until recently. As Veoryascaleth has said this issue is heavily discouraging any conversation. I've been unable to post or even reply to comments and have given up trying.

I've noticed a string of new problems cropping up recently. Yet no announcements have been made about them. The least that can be done is a post acknowledging the issues.

On 10/14/2024 at 1:05 AM, SomeRandomBook said:

I've noticed a string of new problems cropping up recently. Yet no announcements have been made about them. The least that can be done is a post acknowledging the issues.

Actually the least they could do, is to do nothing at all. (Sorry I couldn't resist.)

But I agree, it would be nice to see a simple: "Sorry, we're working on it."

Edited by Belkar