BornToBe, translator of Nine Star Hegemon Body Art!

Jaspaaar

22 hours ago, dunia_bwh said:

is it possible that NSHBA will be released in Donghua? I'm really looking forward to the animation, but please don't beat around the bush, because the chapter is too long.

I don't know about that. I know that there's a manhua adaptation, but I gotta say that I really dislike it so I actively avoid it. If the animation adaptation is anything like that I'm gonna avoid that too.

21 hours ago, Fahama said:

how far is Long Chen from being together with his partners and parents ?

When is the next power up of his art ? 

Well he's crossing the Endless Desolation to them so I'm sure they'll meet... eventually.

Very far.

There have been endless comments as to whether or not Long Chen has a dantian.

I say he does because in Chapter 2 it states, "Normal martial artists would let the medicinal energy assimilate inside the Dantian in order to absorb it, and only later would they spread it throughout their bodies. However, Long Chen didn’t have a Spirit Root; thus, his Dantian was completely empty and had no way to store energy."

Your word carries more weight. So, does Long Chen have a dantian?

18 hours ago, Kelgaros said:

Hey Born, long time reader, big fan (of the :blobher:)

1.  Random, but do you ever go on the wikis to remember something that happened before when translating. e.g. every now and then the author throws up old names not seen for thousands of chapters. 

2. Are you more amused by the occasional emoji spam in chat at 3:05pm est on some days?

3. When translating, do you keep a list of names? A lot of names get thrown around, and some can be kind of awkward to translate as far as I know, so are you tracking them somewhere to help keep track? 

4. It's been quite a while now, but how as the transition to 3 chapters a day been? I know they're a bit shorter, so it's basically the same # of words, but has there been any awkwardness? 

5. What kind of set up do you have for translating? One screen above the other? Side by side? Split screen? Text to voice and then transcribing? 

Thanks for the chapters man, been a sub for extra chapters and following since about chapter 50 so... really stuck it out.

Kel

1) I don't use any wikis. In general I remember most of these things because I've made a marker of them in my head when I read ahead in large batches. Sometimes there are old things that didn't make as much of an impact on me that I've forgotten, but I just check the old chapters. I also have a program to check when certain terms appear in the raw chapters. 

2) 🤔😅

3) I mostly keep track of them in my head, but lately I have been keeping a glossary. It was easier to keep track in my head when I had read a thousand chapters ahead. (I got so engrossed a few years ago that I spent weeks reading to get to the final battle of the Martial Heaven Continent.) Now I'm usually just a couple hundred chapters ahead in terms of reading.

3) I remember the names most of the name, but I did occasionally check old chapters. And now I have the glossary for it.

4) 3 days has been tough. I'm pretty sure it is slightly more than the 2 old chapters. But it's fine. The awkward part is when there's the occasional longer chapter and I don't really want to split or anything so I just release it as usual. 😑

5) I can't do multiple screens. I'd have to turn my head too much. I usually split it high low on the same screen, although I previously had a wide screen that I did side to side. I actually used a really crappy chromebook for years. I put the raw chapters in an upper window and the translation in the lower window. This chromebook then took forever to load stuff and ruined my flow countless times so I upgraded to a better chromebook XD. I use chromebooks cause they're convenient for travel. I can just work wherever.

😀

4 hours ago, Erudite_Birdy said:

image.thumb.png.2322ae8383baa75b99a07d2f2e7df46e.png

I'm thinking we'll see it in the final chapters of the novel. 

2 hours ago, oneaw1 said:

Hello and thanks for translating this story! What kind of difficulties do you run into when translating this story and how do you resolve them?

The main difficulty for me is persevering through chapters that I find really boring or dislikable. I actually have a good time translating the parts that I like, it's the parts I don't like that are painful for me to translate. It's hard to translate when you're rolling your eyes and clutching your heart as do so. Also, the sad chapters and such are very hard to translate. The deaths in the final battle of the Martial Heaven Continent took me multiple attempts to get through. As for a way to resolve this, I'll tell you when I find a way to XD

5 minutes ago, Erudite_Birdy said:

There have been endless comments as to whether or not Long Chen has a dantian.

I say he does because in Chapter 2 it states, "Normal martial artists would let the medicinal energy assimilate inside the Dantian in order to absorb it, and only later would they spread it throughout their bodies. However, Long Chen didn’t have a Spirit Root; thus, his Dantian was completely empty and had no way to store energy."

Your word carries more weight. So, does Long Chen have a dantian?

So he has the space where the Dantian is, and the author refers to it as a Dantian, but it's just not what is usually there. I'm also wondering if the author is going to retcon the whole you must not have a Dantian for the NSHBA, or if he'll say heavenly geniuses just have a strong enough Dantian, or if it's different in the immortal world, or if he'll just never mention it again XD

• Like 3