BornToBe, translator of Nine Star Hegemon Body Art!

Jaspaaar

At 6:30pm GMT on September 28th (which is 2:30pm EDT, 11:30am PDT, and 2:30am on the 29th for GMT+8), BornToBe, the translator of Nine Star Hegemon Body Art, will be hosting a question and answer session!

Feel free to post your questions now in advance, and they'll be responded to once the event starts. You might be interested to know why BornToBe started translating, what he likes most about NSHBA, or simply what his favourite food is. 

• Like 2

Hola señor Borntobe, no tengo ninguna pregunta, solo quería agradecerle en mi idioma materno por la gran novela que usted ha escrito. Esta novela fue muy, pero muy importante para mí durante la pandemia. Long Chen fue una de mis motivaciones e ídolo para seguir con vida durante la porquería que fue vivir en pandemia, día a día esperaba los capítulos de esta novela que es una de mis favoritas. Muchas gracias por escribir esta novela :D. Que viva el dao de las bofetadas!
spacer.png

Hello. Thanks for translating NSHBA. It's in my top 3 novels of all time.

I have 3 questions. Please answer them.

1. How long the story gonna last? The chapter number?

2. What could be the last cultivation realm? Or how many more realms to go? And the most important thing is when will be the other part of the cauldron gonna fall under long chens hands?

3. Lastly, is there any other major realm where the younger generation still left to explore? (I have read the raws and I know where the stories at, I am like in 6400's) so, any major realm? May be the final "get all the items the mc needs from it" and then the final war? 

I really hope you answer my queries.

Thank you.

Once again, thank you for translating nine star hegemon body art

I've got 3 questions.

1.) What got you interested in translating this?

2.) What are your opinions on the story in general, its cultivation system, plot, characters, etc.

3.) What are you thoughts on the Divine Face Slapping Art?

Thanks for all your hard work!

Edited by Star Cosmo
  • Like 1

Olá BornToBe, queria agradecer primeiramente o trabalho excelente que você faz em cima desta obra maravilhosa.

Eu escolhi mandar mensagem na minha língua nativa para que você saiba que o seu trabalho alcança o mundo, várias pessoas e países diferentes, sou do Brasil.

Gostaria de saber um pouco mais sobre o romance entre Long Chen e a Yu Qingxuan, não irei entrar em detalhes, mas nosso protagonista é a reencarnação do mestre das 9 estrelas? 

Ele irá se lembrar de algo quando se fundir com seu demônio do coração? 

I wish you could read my message.

Thanks

• Like 1

Hey Born, long time reader, big fan (of the :blobher:)

1.  Random, but do you ever go on the wikis to remember something that happened before when translating. e.g. every now and then the author throws up old names not seen for thousands of chapters. 

2. Are you more amused by the occasional emoji spam in chat at 3:05pm est on some days?

3. When translating, do you keep a list of names? A lot of names get thrown around, and some can be kind of awkward to translate as far as I know, so are you tracking them somewhere to help keep track? 

4. It's been quite a while now, but how as the transition to 3 chapters a day been? I know they're a bit shorter, so it's basically the same # of words, but has there been any awkwardness? 

5. What kind of set up do you have for translating? One screen above the other? Side by side? Split screen? Text to voice and then transcribing? 

Thanks for the chapters man, been a sub for extra chapters and following since about chapter 50 so... really stuck it out.

Kel

• Like 1

For spoilers after the current translated chapter, I've currently only read about a hundred chapters further than I've translated, so all I can say is that Long Chen hasn't met his mother yet. (also I don't want this to turn into a spoiler post so I might not answer anything too specific.) 

For spanish speakers, I don't speak spanish, I'm from canada so I learned french. I was decent, but I'm pretty it's atrocious now cause I haven't practiced it in years. It really is a case of use it or lose it. Based on my limited spanish understanding, I'm glad you're enjoying the novel ^.^

As for keeping track of the details as I translate, I usually read ahead in large batches of chapters. I'm usually taking notes of how I want to translate certain terms in my head as I translate as I read, so when I actually get to translating I already have those points in my head. It's much harder I find to keep track of details if you translate as you read. Lately I've also started a glossary for terms but I didn't use that for the beginning.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2024 at 12:42 AM, Yogeswar said:

1. How long the story gonna last? The chapter number?

2. What could be the last cultivation realm? Or how many more realms to go? And the most important thing is when will be the other part of the cauldron gonna fall under long chens hands?

3. Lastly, is there any other major realm where the younger generation still left to explore? (I have read the raws and I know where the stories at, I am like in 6400's) so, any major realm? May be the final "get all the items the mc needs from it" and then the final war? 

There are still a thousand untranslated chapters to go, and that's not the end of the novel. I'm thinking it could go on for an additional thousand chapters.

The last cultivation realm? I assume it'll be something like master of this world. By realms, the author's introduced these new minor realms in the major realms (as in the Eternal realm being split into six smaller realms). Next would be the Emperor realm, which seems to also be split into multiple realms, so we'll see. I don't see there being that many major realms after that. As for the other part of the cauldron, I don't see that happening anytime soon. I'm thinking the Earth Cauldron would need to be at least halfway recovered before finding it.

I'm thinking there probably will be at least one more major realm left beyond Emperor.

• Thanks 1

On 9/26/2024 at 2:55 AM, da-autist said:

Hi Translator thanks for your hardwordk 🙏 

When are wifus coming back 😭 ?

Maybe they're already coming back in the advance chapters ;))))))

On 9/26/2024 at 12:04 PM, golgo said:

Is there gonna be a Nine Star Line army or something like that?

That would be amazing, but I have no idea about that unfortunately.

On 9/26/2024 at 3:36 PM, Star Cosmo said:

I've got 3 questions.

1.) What got you interested in translating this?

2.) What are your opinions on the story in general, its cultivation system, plot, characters, etc.

3.) What are you thoughts on the Divine Face Slapping Art?

Thanks for all your hard work!

1) So I got into webnovels when I saw the Battle Through the Heavens manhua. It got me interested and I googled it, found out there was a webnovel, and then I found wuxiaworld. I was just reading for years. I was reading BTTH, WDQK, ISSTH, and DE. A while after they finished, I was thinking of getting into translating a novel myself. But I severly overestimated how good I was at chinese. I could speak it colloquially at home with my parents, but actually reading it has always been an issue for me. I ended up taking a chapter and dissecting it, turning every word I didn't recognize into a flashcard that I trained with. After a while, I got good enough to translate slowly. I ended up picking NSHBA because I was just browing 17k for any novels and ended up liking it after reading a few chapters. I slowly picked up pace and posted my translations on the forum until RWX picked me up. 

2) In general, I'd say that I like the story. Some parts I like more and some part I dislike. If you remember when he first ascended into the immortal world, I hated every chapter with chu yang and chu kuang because they just sounded so boring. But I like the humor, I like when the author finally gives us the slaughter at the end of the arcs. My favorite part is that he's raising a whole group with him instead of it just being him and casting aside any friends he meets over time. As for the cultivation system, I'm getting annoyed with how many classifications of heavenly geniuses we get. I'm running out of words for genius blessed by the heavens XD.

3) When I first read about the divine face slapping art I laughed so hard.🤣

On 9/26/2024 at 3:51 PM, INIOLUWA PAUL said:

Can you help us increase the chapter we read after 23 hours from 3 Chapter to 5 chapter 

I think I'd die translating that much.

On 9/26/2024 at 7:44 PM, Dark_Cultivator said:

Hi, thanks for translating NSHBA!! keep up the great work. 
My question is how far away are we from the final battle and when is Long Chen going to merge with his heart devil?

We are still over a thousand chapters away from the final battle at least 😅

On 9/27/2024 at 7:26 AM, Ryu_Darian said:

Do you ever want to “fix” the authors writing when you’re translating? Like make filler stuff more bearable or “improve” on situations in the story that are taking away from it in your eyes? 

I have fixed some mistakes that the author has made, like saying that this character was from one place but then changing it to somewhere else later. I forgive him for most of those because he likes to drop clues hundreds or thousands of chapters before we get more details. But it's harder for stuff that actually affects the story, like for example, there was a time when a character advanced to the Xiantian realm with Long Chen's help, but without the Xiantian tribulation happening. I couldn't really come up with something to fix that, so I left that in. I also tend to consolidate or cut down some random filler in chapters. Like we don't need to hear about how shocked people are twenty times in a row. 10 times is enough 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 9/27/2024 at 11:25 AM, xAzriel said:

Olá BornToBe, queria agradecer primeiramente o trabalho excelente que você faz em cima desta obra maravilhosa.

Eu escolhi mandar mensagem na minha língua nativa para que você saiba que o seu trabalho alcança o mundo, várias pessoas e países diferentes, sou do Brasil.

Gostaria de saber um pouco mais sobre o romance entre Long Chen e a Yu Qingxuan, não irei entrar em detalhes, mas nosso protagonista é a reencarnação do mestre das 9 estrelas? 

Ele irá se lembrar de algo quando se fundir com seu demônio do coração? 

I wish you could read my message.

Thanks

Y'all really making me whip out the google translate. I think that Long Chen is some kind of reincarnation of someone, but it doesn't seem to be purely the Pill Sovereign or the Nine Star Master. But maybe it is and something happened to make it a mix or something. Or maybe it's neither.

• Like 1