monthly payment vs chapter-wise payment

Hello,

I am curious about the advantages of the current payment system of wuxia world. If it is up to me I would really like it if I could pay for chapters instead of getting a monthly subscription to read ahead. I vaguely remember RWX mentioning about this long before and it seems like people vote for the monthly subscription based on what I see currently. The current rate of $100 for 40 chapters on average seems a bit too high for me. What are your opinions?

One more point to note is assuming you are championing the novel from start to end, at $100 for 40 chapters, it will take around $2500 to sponsor a novel with 1000 chapters. If there are multiple novels then the cost is even higher. There are a couple of novels especially "the mirror legacy" which I want to sponsor to read ahead but I cannot because I know that I do not have the money to sponsor this until end and there is no point in sponsoring for a couple of months as the difference in reading time between regular readers and sponsor is 20 days which is not a lot imo.

• Like 2

For me, the primary purpose of championing is supporting/encouraging the work of the authors/translators.  I like the monthly plan where my encouragement is constant even though my reading patterns are not.  Some of the lighter, more action oriented novels like _Keyboard Immortal_ or _Genius Archer Streaming_ i read every day or two and it doesn't matter how I pay.  But emotionally intense novels like _Life, Once Again_ or novels with slow, complicated world building and action like _Unsheathed_ will get read in big chunks with several months saved up - I don't want those translators thinking I've abandoned them!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Yeah, I get your point but the other way also do support the translator. You will probably get more people interested in buying chapters which will generate more income and should match what the translator is supposed to earn.

Main point is, imo, this puts less strain on the pocket of reader.

Edited by vamsinaruto

Posted (edited)

No one asked you to stop supporting. I am just saying I  like the other system of purchasing chapters betters than getting a monthly subscription. There are a lot of novels which I supported but had to stop due to financial reasons. This created a vacuum of 1 month where I have to wait for chapters as I have already read ahead. Most of the times, I would just lose interest in continuing the novel from where I left after 1 month. This happened with overgeared, debuff master, the creatures that we are, and more..

Edited by vamsinaruto