Romance of Dragons and Snakes

Name: Romance of Dragons and Snakes /龙蛇演义 /Longshe Yanyi
Original Publisher: Qidian
Status in COO: 510 chapters (Completed)
Why It Should Get Picked Up: It mixed martial arts really well with guns and modern society. It also had incredible fight scenes based on real Chinese martial arts. The level of detail is extraordinary. It's one of the best wuxia novel i've ever read. There is chi but nothing too magical. It's a martial art novel with chi in a modern set up.
Description: After forming ties with Tang Zichen of the secret Tang sect, Wang Chao began to rely on his exceedingly unusual determination to slowly walk towards the peak of martial arts. Fighting masters of every form of martial arts, joining and betraying the mysterious organization, and even joining every faction of power!

I remember reading this ages ago. It was good, with great martial arts scenes, but I got turned off by the nationalism and didn't finish it. Something about the PLA being "unstoppable heavenly soldiers," something like that. But anyway, I thought that this novel was completely translated already?

2 hours ago, Tiphoid said:

I remember reading this ages ago. It was good, with great martial arts scenes, but I got turned off by the nationalism and didn't finish it. Something about the PLA being "unstoppable heavenly soldiers," something like that. But anyway, I thought that this novel was completely translated already?

The nationalism in this one is quite soft compared to other novels. And the novel is finished but the translation is not.

On 10/21/2023 at 7:42 AM, Five Clawed Tyrannic Blood Dragon said:

The nationalism in this one is quite soft compared to other novels. And the novel is finished but the translation is not.

The translator has given up and is willing to "allow" others to translate it.

As for the nationalism it's quite small, there nothing overboard. I would not recommend it otherwise.