The Game Director That Returned from Hell (지옥에서 돌아온 게임 디렉터)

Synopsis:

Grand winner of 2023 world munpia contest, manhwa announced

Cheon Yeonho, a game director, dies from overwork and is sent to Hell. The only thought in his mind seeing the hellish scenes of Hell was…

“It would be fun to make this world into a game.”

Surprisingly, he does get the chance to make his dreams a reality. He goes back in time, to his college days in 2008. He will pursue artistic and gameplay perfection to make the games on Hell with the help of his colleagues and friends.

The day I fell into Hell, I thought,

It would be fun to turn this world into a game.

Reason i recommend this novel:

It's unique because unlike chinese game making novel, the games here are original and interesting. Besides every characters are likeable and the games sound like it could be fun. The translator who used to translate this recently got DMCA'd and i'd like to keep reading this. 

Edited by Reader1128
  • Like 7

I've read this title. The entire story revolves around the gaming industry in Korea. It contains too many local elements while mentioning specify certain companies and game titles. So, it is risky to bring because this title is targeting someone who interested in this specific local topics.

• Like 1

@masterlonai personally, i think the popular genres are a bit oversaturated with novels. Adding a niche novel like this one to keep things fresh every once in a while won't hurt, right? Besides, it's a grand winner of the 2023 munpia contest, so maybe readers will try it out. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I was reading this recently but the translation stopped. I love the book and would love to keep on reading it. Also @masterlonai the book revolves around a dude creating a game dev studio, all games they make are original works. The only mention of something specific to Korea is one of the devs being a Maple story fiend, but that's about it. Anything too specific to Korea starts disappearing as the company grows and becomes more International (around the 40s chapters).

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The novel is really good, each character has their own personality and moments to shine, especially the art and sound directors. The novel is basically a modern version of Dante Alighieri's Divine Comedy, except the protagonist recounts his experience in hell through video games. Unfortunately, the translation stopped at chapter 109. I would like to continue reading, so I would like Wuxiaworld or some other translator to resume this work, which is already completed.

• Like 1

On 4/22/2024 at 8:26 AM, masterlonai said:

NAVER & Munpia. What should i do with these CPs... What should I do to license competitors' titles? Should I buy a crowbar?

Should you buy a crowbar and threaten them to work together with us? YES PLEASE! ^^

• Haha 1