World Defying Dan God (傲世丹神)

Tiphoid

It has been some time since I read the small part of this novel that has been translated, but I really enjoyed it back then. It's a fairly typical power fantasy harem novel, but there were some aspects to it that made it stand out. A fairly unique cultivation system, and I recall there being a thing where his spirit pets/items are stored as tattoos, which I thought was kinda cool. There's not much else I can think of, as I said it has been some time. Here is the link for the Novel Updates page if anyone is interested: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/world-defying-dan-god/

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Veela said:

I remember reading this one and having fun, but I somehow stopped reading it. I wonder why.

Possibly due to lack of updates or translation inconsistency. There was a period of time where this story kept getting picked up and dropped like it was a kettle bell. Think that was back when Qidian was starting to DMCA people more and more. Ash, the dude who TL'd from chapter 1, soft dropped it after getting hired by Qidian to work on other stuff. Other teams picked it up, did mediocre jobs, got DMCA'd, then dropped it in quick succession. I stopped reading it at that point. Don't know if any TL teams ever stuck with it.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

Yes. This is something i was waiting for a long time now. It is full of cliches, but the main character is a real rascal, similar to early Long Chen from Nine Star Hegemon Body Art. And has a bigger harem than Qing Shui from Ancient Strengthening. Also a kind of interesting point, that it had a kind similar situation as Hunter x Hunter in a sense that after 3800 or so chapters the story got finished. Than after several years, for whatever reason, the author started a new one arc, with basically a while, creating new world and power system. Now i know some would say he is just milking the thing, but i think it's not a bad choice. There is not many cultivation story that either has a sequel, like Martial World or a continuation, like Record of a Mortal’s Journey to Immortality. So, yeah, i do support this one to.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I am also here to support licensing this novel. I've read the bits that have been translated as well as the manhua, but I would love for there to be a quality translation to completion by Wuxiaworld.

• 5 weeks later...