True Martial World spoilerz?

Comments

• right now i can only tell that weapons for heaven ascension realm are considered the lowest grade 
  • Did Lin Ming's wife and the spirit of purple crystal card already showed up?
  • edited February 2017
    No mention or appearance whatsoever. 
  • Akashura said:
    Also in the recent trials when YY shouted a few times felt incredibly lame and contradictory to his supposed personality. Wasn't he supposed to be a calm and indifferent character? Now which calm character shouts like that. YY just feels like a plot driven MC now without any sense of self.
    You probably have selective memory. Yi Yun being calm when dealing with enemies doesn't mean he can't enjoy any progress he has. Furthermore, those were improvements he felt for the first time in his life.
  • CKtalon said:
    Akashura said:
    Also in the recent trials when YY shouted a few times felt incredibly lame and contradictory to his supposed personality. Wasn't he supposed to be a calm and indifferent character? Now which calm character shouts like that. YY just feels like a plot driven MC now without any sense of self.
    You probably have selective memory. Yi Yun being calm when dealing with enemies doesn't mean he can't enjoy any progress he has. Furthermore, those were improvements he felt for the first time in his life.
    How much would I need to pay you in order to tell me some specifics about the novel? PM me if you want.
  • edited February 2017
    CKtalon said:
    Akashura said:
    From Chapter 847:

How could the pleasure derived from the energy’s forceful impacts and cleansing of his body be compared to absorbing the energy from the Purple Crystal stores?

"It feels great!" Yi Yun shouted out loud as he clenched his fists. 

He felt as though all his energy was filled with inexhaustible energy. The energy was like a roaring tsunami, that swept across wave after wave in an incessant manner!

From Chapter 849:
    After Luo Tian's fusion, his body revealed the characteristics of a gigantic demon ape. But for Yi Yun, his body was covered in dragon scales after his fusion!

"Break!"

Seeing the black specters rushing at him, Yi Yun bellowed and he suddenly punched out!

The one in chapter 847 felt especially lame and contradictory to his character. Had he just shouted in his mind it would have been fine but he just had to shout out loud.

As for the chapter 849, it would have been one thing had a character like LM shouted but for YY to do so it feels rather weird.

And how were those improvements he felt for the first time in his life? He has already been cultivating for so many years now and gone through so many body purifying experiences especially in the Great Empress Trial where he obtained his Perfect Pure Yang Body.
    "What fun would it be to become the king of the Tower? Tell Zahard to keep his boring seat. I will get out of the Tower." - Urek Mazino
  • Luo Huo'er is the best waifu haha.
  • We finally see how a romantic interest should be : )
  • She's much more likeable now in comparison to when she was in Tai Ah City.
    "What fun would it be to become the king of the Tower? Tell Zahard to keep his boring seat. I will get out of the Tower." - Urek Mazino
  • edited February 2017
    Too bad Yi Yun still has virtually no personality though. If he did we could have had some amusing back and forth banter.
  • Mr_Magika said:
    Too bad Yi Yun still has virtually no personality though. If he did we could have had some amusing back and forth banter.
    How was he supposed to banter with her during these situations? The first time they met was in a banquet if he did any such thing express luo and crown prince would have had him executed for lack of manners and his lower status compared to a crown princess... now he is also in a room with a prince from a different clan how the hell is he supposed to banter with her without having this prince try to kill him for not knowing his place? 
    I would understand it if the 2 of them were in private by themselves but in public with people with extremely high status is just asking to be killed!!
  • Mr_Magika said:
    I have to agree man. Yi Yun's character is just too damn lame... actually Lin Ming was the same way.. The only thing good about both MW and TMW is the cultivation and plot. Both MC are terrible when it comes to character development
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth" - Sherlock Holmes
  • YY and LM aren't that bad. 
    The only thing I found unbearable about LM was his whole virtuous personality because of his absurd love for martial arts. 
    YY might be the same, but so far he isn't. 
  •   YY stopped developing since the beginning pretty much.  He was an average guy and then became quickly no different than a lot of protagonists.  There was no progression.  He had no issue killing his first person, he was aloof quickly from the start, he was shy before but then was not really affected by other worldly beauty and was calm and collective in front of LX.  He quickly used manipulation and plotting without going through any experience of learning how.  He simply just changed who he is in a short time without going through the trials of failure and learning.  Like most, even LM, the only thing that changes is his power level.

The only tension in TMW in terms of romance is LH but once they get together, everything will work out perfectly. LH and LX will accept one another without jealousy even though statistically that should not be the case.  Females are just as possessive as males are if not even more as there are certain oxytocin receptor cells that promote feelings of jealousy and possessiveness.  People can control those feelings like anger to a certain extent, nonetheless, it would be there.  LX might accept LH but how LH is written, it would be a stretch if she is willing to share YY with LX.  Thinking about how LH seems more spoiled from  where I left off long ago.

The only realistic character growth was Nantian from being arrogant to a more cautious prick after so many setbacks.  He was a spoiled, egocentric prick and changed more ina  realistic manner after what YY did to him but stayed true to his nature of focusing on himself. He was a cautious egocentric prick.
  • Sooo... Do you guys think White Fox clan has connection to YY's sister? I'm thinking about that sacred spirit that belonged to her father, a silver fox...
  • Maybe. Really couldn't care less about JX or her dad, but a lot of people have speculated her relations with the White Fox Clan.
  • JX and her father's surname is Jiang unlike the White Fox Clan whose main family surname is Bai. So I can't see them being related in anyway.
  • Akashura said:
    JX and her father's surname is Jiang unlike the White Fox Clan whose main family surname is Bai. So I can't see them being related in anyway.
    One of those two could have been a branch house.  Remember, JX dad ESCAPED to the world where he had a kid because he was running away from something.  Who's to say that it wasn't some kind of political intrigue from inside the fox clan that forced him to run away.  Personally, I would find it more interesting if he came from the sect that attacked the clan YY is staying in right now.
  • kuppy123 said:
    Akashura said:
    JX and her father's surname is Jiang unlike the White Fox Clan whose main family surname is Bai. So I can't see them being related in anyway.
    One of those two could have been a branch house.  Remember, JX dad ESCAPED to the world where he had a kid because he was running away from something.  Who's to say that it wasn't some kind of political intrigue from inside the fox clan that forced him to run away.  Personally, I would find it more interesting if he came from the sect that attacked the clan YY is staying in right now.
    IMO though JX's dad is probably from the strongest or ex-strongest clan of the Thousand Fey Empyrean Heaven coz usually in most xianxias the Jiang surname is somewhat significant.
  • edited February 2017
      YY stopped developing since the beginning pretty much.  He was an average guy and then became quickly no different than a lot of protagonists.  There was no progression.  He had no issue killing his first person, he was aloof quickly from the start, he was shy before but then was not really affected by other worldly beauty and was calm and collective in front of LX.  He quickly used manipulation and plotting without going through any experience of learning how.  He simply just changed who he is in a short time without going through the trials of failure and learning.  Like most, even LM, the only thing that changes is his power level.

The only tension in TMW in terms of romance is LH but once they get together, everything will work out perfectly. LH and LX will accept one another without jealousy even though statistically that should not be the case.  Females are just as possessive as males are if not even more as there are certain oxytocin receptor cells that promote feelings of jealousy and possessiveness.  People can control those feelings like anger to a certain extent, nonetheless, it would be there.  LX might accept LH but how LH is written, it would be a stretch if she is willing to share YY with LX.  Thinking about how LH seems more spoiled from  where I left off long ago.

The only realistic character growth was Nantian from being arrogant to a more cautious prick after so many setbacks.  He was a spoiled, egocentric prick and changed more ina  realistic manner after what YY did to him but stayed true to his nature of focusing on himself. He was a cautious egocentric prick.
    Lol yeah. Its funny how the author always uses the excuse of trying to create something unique and different from his previous stories, yet he's basically repeating the same sh*t over and over again.
    1) starts at the lowest level possible with no background or support.
    2) Becomes enemies with someone who has a strong background.
    3) Shows his talent as a Desolate Master gaining the interest of some people.
    4) Starts getting stronger and participates in some kind of tournament.
    5) Against all odds, our Mc obtains first place, and gains the support of even more people.
    6) Gets a power-up, and then some kind of bad sh*t happens to our protagonist where he has to risk his life.
    7) Escapes and gets stronger.
    8) Solves problem.
    9) Goes to a higher realm/place
    Now just reread this list 3 times and you have True Martial world until latest chapter(ans from the pattern that I am seeing, the future chapters too)

•   YY stopped developing since the beginning pretty much.  He was an average guy and then became quickly no different than a lot of protagonists.  There was no progression.  He had no issue killing his first person, he was aloof quickly from the start, he was shy before but then was not really affected by other worldly beauty and was calm and collective in front of LX.  He quickly used manipulation and plotting without going through any experience of learning how.  He simply just changed who he is in a short time without going through the trials of failure and learning.  Like most, even LM, the only thing that changes is his power level.

Lol yeah. Its funny how the author always uses the excuse of trying to create something unique and different from his previous stories, yet he's basically repeating the same sh*t over and over again.
    5) Against all odds, our Mc obtains first place, and gains the support of even more people.
    6) Gets a power-up, and then some kind of bad sh*t happens to our protagonist where he has to risk his life.
    8) Solves problem.
    Now just reread this list 3 times and you have True Martial world until latest chapter(ans from the pattern that I am seeing, the future chapters too)

It's titled true martial world tag as xuanhuan do even know what you are reading the 9 points you said is a basic in this kind of novels you call the novel shit but if you ask me your a stupid guy who doesn't even know what is he reading 
  • There are fundamental elements that are required in every genre, hence why the novel is titled under said genre. While I do understand where Finger Ring is coming from, that's like saying a new horror movie is too generic because it has all the common tropes of the genre. Obviously it will, it's a horror movie.
  • edited February 2017
    lucas99 said:
      YY stopped developing since the beginning pretty much.  He was an average guy and then became quickly no different than a lot of protagonists.  There was no progression.  He had no issue killing his first person, he was aloof quickly from the start, he was shy before but then was not really affected by other worldly beauty and was calm and collective in front of LX.  He quickly used manipulation and plotting without going through any experience of learning how.  He simply just changed who he is in a short time without going through the trials of failure and learning.  Like most, even LM, the only thing that changes is his power level.

8) Solves problem.

It's titled true martial world tag as xuanhuan do even know what you are reading the 9 points you said is a basic in this kind of novels you call the novel shit but if you ask me your a stupid guy who doesn't even know what is he reading 
    Rewrite said:
    There are fundamental elements that are required in every genre, hence why the novel is titled under said genre. While I do understand where Finger Ring is coming from, that's like saying a new horror movie is too generic because it has all the common tropes of the genre. Obviously it will, it's a horror movie.
    First of all, there's no need to insult me, I am not insulting your mothers over here. I never said that the novel was shit(I wouldn't be reading it otherwise). I just meant it as a way to show how boring this novel is getting with the repetition. Also, I also didn't say that the novel was bad because it had the same elements as other novels. What I was trying to say was that the author keeps repeating the same cycle. I don't mind if the Mc goes to a higher realm/place and starts as the weakest. What angers me is that the author keeps repeating the same cycle with the same elements. I just want to author to think of a new way to make the Mc stronger. 

8) Solves problem.

He also have a artifact (purple card) that a powerful person sealed inside, same as the previous novel but this one is a true god. :) really unique indeed. :smiley: 
  • First of all, there's no need to insult me, I am not insulting your mothers over here. I never said that the novel was shit(I wouldn't be reading it otherwise). I just meant it as a way to show how boring this novel is getting with the repetition. Also, I also didn't say that the novel was bad because it had the same elements as other novels. What I was trying to say was that the author keeps repeating the same cycle. I don't mind if the Mc goes to a higher realm/place and starts as the weakest. What angers me is that the author keeps repeating the same cycle with the same elements. I just want to author to think of a new way to make the Mc stronger. 
    Relax, all I said was it's reasonable for narratives to have generic tropes, in no way did I direct any aggressive words at anyone.
  • First of all, there's no need to insult me, I am not insulting your mothers over here. I never said that the novel was shit(I wouldn't be reading it otherwise). I just meant it as a way to show how boring this novel is getting with the repetition. Also, I also didn't say that the novel was bad because it had the same elements as other novels. What I was trying to say was that the author keeps repeating the same cycle. I don't mind if the Mc goes to a higher realm/place and starts as the weakest. What angers me is that the author keeps repeating the same cycle with the same elements. I just want to author to think of a new way to make the Mc stronger. 
    Relax, all I said was it's reasonable for narratives to have generic tropes, in no way did I direct any aggressive words at anyone.
    well I did could have sworn I've read some SHIT there must have been my imagination well whatever let's just drop it here
  •   I do not care about patterns as it is unavoidable but things that do not make any sense.  How did YY become good at mind games and manipulation from an ordinary college student?  Is It came out of nowhere.  Imagine if I wrote a character that was an accountant and was transported back into the past and showed a great military mind without any indication ofprevious experience.  What is common is when any MC kills their first person they are nonchalant about it as if they are use to killing, especially YY from our world.  If you take away YY's background from our world, he is no different than most protagonist from most novels.

Stoic, practical, badass, whatever from a guy that could not even speak to a girl he had a crush on in the beginning and not affected by a heavenly beauty.  If he had a tremendous crush to a girl he was attracted to in the beginning to acting like LX's beauty is not that big of a deal, that is rather a fast transition.  Since the author has made YY this way, there is no possible growth besides power level.  Example, Vegeta was a character that shows progression in character, Nantian showed progression.  Like most stories, it becomes gaining items to solve every enemy from here on out.  Increase the strength of the enemy, introduce a new treasure to match said opponent.  The story becomes who has the most upgrades and call luck a skill which is convenient writing.  I respect a character more that works hard on their craft than someone finding a magical sword and becoming a swordmaster. I prefer years going by with training then finding a magical herb which conveniently solves the MC's power issues.A few times I do not mind but hey I will run into a ginseng that will boost me to the correct level so I can beat this opponent.In DBZ, being a Saiyin is the plot device to all problems.  Beaten close to death, power up and just enough to control the plot.

I dropped dragon-marked war god for this very reason.  There is always a treasure that will make the MC, his female companions, and friends relevant.  They power-up to stay with the MC no matter how far behind they fall.  Lazy writing because I can also write about random shit.  How about this, Lx falls behind and finds a magical strap-on and fucks YY and instantly reaches the same level as YY but is not as powerful as YY due to YY being able to skip levels better than LX.  When LX falls behind again, YY gives her the anal plug of eternal yin energy that quickly powers her up to whatever the next realm is but of course YY has to give this to her because his luck stat is maxed out and only he can obtain it.  This special anal plug can only power LX so much but have her not surpass YY, just be enough to need saving but be relevant to kill ants.  See, I would be perfectly fine with YY losing a tournament, failing at something,learning and growing stronger from the experience but these prizes are too convenient where the MC has to be first because it is exactly what he needs.  It is like the MC going to an auction and the exact treasure the MC is looking for mysteriously appears and another prick wants it as well.  Instant enemy and drags the plot for another 50 to 100 chapters instead of writing something complex.
  •   I dropped dragon-marked war god for this very reason.  There is always a treasure that will make the MC, his female companions, and friends relevant.  They power-up to stay with the MC no matter how far behind they fall.  Lazy writing because I can also write about random shit.  How about this, Lx falls behind and finds a magical strap-on and fucks YY and instantly reaches the same level as YY but is not as powerful as YY due to YY being able to skip levels better than LX.  When LX falls behind again, YY gives her the anal plug of eternal yin energy that quickly powers her up to whatever the next realm is but of course YY has to give this to her because his luck stat is maxed out and only he can obtain it.  This special anal plug can only power LX so much but have her not surpass YY, just be enough to need saving but be relevant to kill ants.  See, I would be perfectly fine with YY losing a tournament, failing at something,learning and growing stronger from the experience but these prizes are too convenient where the MC has to be first because it is exactly what he needs.  It is like the MC going to an auction and the exact treasure the MC is looking for mysteriously appears and another prick wants it as well.  Instant enemy and drags the plot for another 50 to 100 chapters instead of writing something complex.
    Your analogy is pretty funny haha
    I know what you mean, but this is a type of genre actually, where the MC basically finds everything he needs and doesn't have trouble. I don't mind this type of narrative, but some do.
    Although as the MC, I don't think YY will be easily overshadowed, either by his harem member/heroine or enemy.
  •   I do not care about patterns as it is unavoidable but things that do not make any sense.  How did YY become good at mind games and manipulation from an ordinary college student?  Is It came out of nowhere.  Imagine if I wrote a character that was an accountant and was transported back into the past and showed a great military mind without any indication ofprevious experience.  What is common is when any MC kills their first person they are nonchalant about it as if they are use to killing, especially YY from our world.  If you take away YY's background from our world, he is no different than most protagonist from most novels.

Stoic, practical, badass, whatever from a guy that could not even speak to a girl he had a crush on in the beginning and not affected by a heavenly beauty.  If he had a tremendous crush to a girl he was attracted to in the beginning to acting like LX's beauty is not that big of a deal, that is rather a fast transition.  Since the author has made YY this way, there is no possible growth besides power level.  Example, Vegeta was a character that shows progression in character, Nantian showed progression.  Like most stories, it becomes gaining items to solve every enemy from here on out.  Increase the strength of the enemy, introduce a new treasure to match said opponent.  The story becomes who has the most upgrades and call luck a skill which is convenient writing.  I respect a character more that works hard on their craft than someone finding a magical sword and becoming a swordmaster. I prefer years going by with training then finding a magical herb which conveniently solves the MC's power issues.A few times I do not mind but hey I will run into a ginseng that will boost me to the correct level so I can beat this opponent.In DBZ, being a Saiyin is the plot device to all problems.  Beaten close to death, power up and just enough to control the plot.
    People like to think that they, as a modern person, are superior to someone living in the past or a backward society, but you know, I've been thinking, other than a little history and a broader view of the world, how can a normal person from our era seriously compete with the cream of the crop of any warring era?

The leaders of major factions or factions, they didn't actually get there because might makes right. They have some strength to fall back on, sure, but most of the time, it's their brains got them their positions. Otherwise, in our history, Napoleon would have conquered all of Europe, and Xiang Yu would've won the Chu-Han Contention, not Liu Bang. In those days, it's a constant struggle between one faction against a hundred or a thousand for power and influence. One wrong step, and not only you have to die, but your family and friends and their families too. Those who doesn't make the cut don't become leaders of families or nations. They simply die. In their eyes, murder and killing is a pretty normal for their times. These people were bred and raised from boyhood to be future politicians. What I'm saying is that the people of the past, at least those who manages to leave a name in history, are pretty hardcore.

Meanwhile, what are we? We living in the richest, most peaceful era in human history. We barely know anything about scheming and plottings. Sure, we know how it was done in the past and how we could mimic them, but what real experience do we have? Like any good craft, it takes practice, and yes, failure to get it down to perfection. Example, we all know the basics of playing basketball, but how many Michael Jordans or Lebron James do we have among us? And most of us definitely don't have a taste for blood. In fact, I would probably hurl if I saw someone die in front of me. As for being a schemer or a puppet master, pssh. I say, good luck to that. If this story followed logic, YY would, at best, another Chu Feng (MGA), a butcher who solves all of his problems with violence and rape. Chu Feng is 100% might. Maybe YY would have some hope if he were reborn as nobility or someone from royalty, but as some tribal brat? No way.

I think Transcending the Nine Heaven's Chu Yang made the most sense. He was actually a native of his world, has lived a long life, and has already failed as hard as he can possibly failed. So his superior intellect wasn't as hard to accept.

All in all, the way this story handle human physiology and interactions leaves much to be desired. Then again, this is just a fantasy story so I try not to think too hard about stuff like this.

This comment does not count.
    Actually, I think this is mead.
  • edited February 2017
    @alenotbeer 

Why do u say that Chu Feng solves his problems with rape? As far as I know, he has raped 3 times. And in the last 2 cases, those 2 bitches deserved it.

In the first case, I do agree that Yan Ruyu's actions didn't deserve rape as a form of retaliation. However Ya Fei and Murong Wan had tortured him to take his secret skills and nearly killed Eggy. So they certainly deserved it. And don't say that rape is worse than torture. That's complete BS.

Of course I'm not saying that Chu Feng is a good guy or anything. He's evil and also a rapist but saying that he solves his problems with rape is stretching it.