Why Jasmine name isn't transliterated?

I am not saying that we should change her name or anything. I just thought that Jasmine's name in Chinese is Mo Li (which means Jasmine). I'm curious why the translator chose Jasmine instead of Mo Li.

Comments

• I think you just answered your own question haha. Probably because Jasmine is like a proper English relate-able name, unlike eg: Yun Che which an English translation would mean Cloud Clear? Clear Cloud? Clean Cloud? see how confusing his English name would be? :dizzy: 

我只是来打酱油的

• If Jasmine's family name happens to be Mo and when her father shows up then I wonder will the translator change her name to Mo Li?
    "What fun would it be to become the king of the Tower? Tell Zahard to keep his boring seat. I will get out of the Tower." - Urek Mazino
  • Its actually Moli, two characters.. one word
  • lorwa said:
    Its actually Moli, two characters.. one word
    Moli means radish in my language haha
  • Holy Moli is the first thought that came to my mind. 
    You are either on my side,
    By my side,
    Or in my FUCKING WAY!
          Choose wisely....
  • edited February 2017
    Fen moli, does more really need to be said

Jasmine is better then moli
  • fen jasmine sound weird!!!! :*
  • Azureus said:
    lorwa said:
    Which language ? In Hindi, radish is muli.
    Free Your Mind
  • Azureus said:
    lorwa said:
    even i thought he meant muli XD
  • momzo said:
    fen jasmine sound weird!!!! :*
    Lol I was talking about that burning clan douchbag Fen moli jasmine sounds better then mo li anyway
  • Azureus said:
    lorwa said:
    Persian.
  • the title itself is weird, usually its Against the Heavens
  • Nix said:
    the title itself is weird, usually its Against the Heavens
    well if we want to talk title direct translation, it's definitely not "heaven" as 邪神 is evil god/s. While 逆 means to guard against, or against. And 天 is sky/heaven. But if you're to put 天邪神 together, it means evil gods of heaven [?] so.. Against the Evil Gods of Heaven [?] 

[PS: I'm Chinese, if that gives me any value to what I say]

我只是来打酱油的

• someone said "opposition of the evil god" is a close translation to the title and since YC is basically the inheritor(more or less 2nd evil god) and his strength goes against the heavens so its like "Evil god opposing the heavens" or something. i dont know, not enough f*cks to be given
  • edited February 2017
    someone said "opposition of the evil god" is a close translation to the title and since YC is basically the inheritor(more or less 2nd evil god) and his strength goes against the heavens so its like "Evil god opposing the heavens" or something. i dont know, not enough f*cks to be given

Maybe in the end the Evil God is the true villain and Yun Che will be "Against the Evil God of the Heavens".

Or maybe Yun Che will conquer the world and will be named "Evil God" by people and then people will be "Against the Evil God (Yun Che) of the Heavens".
  • someone said "opposition of the evil god" is a close translation to the title and since YC is basically the inheritor(more or less 2nd evil god) and his strength goes against the heavens so its like "Evil god opposing the heavens" or something. i dont know, not enough f*cks to be given

Maybe in the end the Evil God is the true villain and Yun Che will be "Against the Evil God of the Heavens".

Or maybe Yun Che will conquer the world and will be named "Evil God" by people and then people will be "Against the Evil God (Yun Che) of the Heavens".
    Don't forget if we're going by that, Yun Che is Clear Cloud hahahaa, so it'll be "Against the Clear Clouds of the Heavens" hahaha 

我只是来打酱油的

• edited February 2017
    Well for those above in my language moli means pray ( pray to god).

• Loli Moli
    The Universe will end one fine day. Nothing really matters. Cheers anyway!