Ask Anything (Granddaddy Spoiler Thread)

Comments

• Thats the last chapter, I believe
  • How long does Meng Hao remain possessed by Greed?

• kuppy123 said:
    Thats the last chapter, I believe
    last chapter is 1616 lol
  • Wil Meng Hao attain a daosource and what will it be?
  • rexdaevid said:
    Wil Meng Hao attain a daosource and what will it be?
    He goes far above daosource lol....2 or 3 realms above that. there is ancestor...and then an unnamed realm
  • rexdaevid said:
    His Ninth Hex, Heaven Sealing Hex.
  • rexdaevid said:
    His Ninth Hex, Heaven Sealing Hex.
    Is ninth the combination of 1-8? Or is the combined one 1-9?
  • xaryte said:
    Is ninth the combination of 1-8? Or is the combined one 1-9?
    to surpass the dao lord level (paragon with nine essences) you need to combine all nine meaning that after he created the ninth hex he merged it with the other 8 from his predecessors... (if i remembered correctly)
  • is the young lord han (under which meng chen was) related to han qinglie? and will meng hao fight han qinglie again because of meng clan?
  • edited February 2017
    kr33d said:
    is the young lord han (under which meng chen was) related to han qinglie? and will meng hao fight han qinglie again because of meng clan?
    Probably they are from the same family but i don't remember if it was ever stated and no they won't fight again, actually Meng Hao saves the remaining members of the Han family (including Han Qinglei) from death following a certain event which happens during the book.

For those who want to know (be warned it's a really major spoiler):
    the 7th M&S invades the 8th M&S during Meng Hao's stay in the Meng clan. Meng clan becomes the safest place in 8th M&S because Meng Hao surrounds the clan with some kind of defensive formation, also 7th M&S cultivators are afraid shitless of Meng Hao because he is too strong for them (he scared them in the beginning of invasion), so they don't even dare go close to Meng Clan. In all this mess Han Qinglei leads the Han clan to the Meng clan, while being chased by 7th M&S cultivators, and Meng Hao teleports both Meng and Han clan in 9th M&S saving them.
  • tombec94 said:
    kr33d said:
    is the young lord han (under which meng chen was) related to han qinglie? and will meng hao fight han qinglie again because of meng clan?
    Probably they are from the same family but i don't remember if it was ever stated and no they won't fight again, actually Meng Hao saves the remaining members of the Han family (including Han Qinglei) from death following a certain event which happens during the book.

the 7th M&S invades the 8th M&S during Meng Hao's stay in the Meng clan. Meng clan becomes the safest place in 8th M&S because Meng Hao surrounds the clan with some kind of defensive formation, also 7th M&S cultivators are afraid shitless of Meng Hao because he is too strong for them (he scared them in the beginning of invasion), so they don't even dare go close to Meng Clan. In all this mess Han Qinglei leads the Han clan to the Meng clan, while being chased by 7th M&S cultivators, and Meng Hao teleports both Meng and Han clan in 9th M&S saving them.
    thanks
  • edited February 2017
    Okay, I have a few questions that were probably answered somewhere in this thread but am unable to find because of the frequency of the words I am looking for, the number of pages, and the lack of in-thread search function. So please help me if you can, fellow Daoists.

I heard Meng Hao follows the Demon cultivation path in the future, differentiating him from Wang Lin (God) or Su Ming (Devil). However, they seem to have begun on this path early on while Meng Hao is already an Immortal. Does this mean he undergoes that demonic transmigration he almost did in the Violet Sea? If he becomes a demon, what differentiates his cultivation path from other demons (for instance, Pill Demon and Blood Demon are demons who follow the Immortal cultivation path)?
  • Why did the ambushers said "We’re going… back to the Meng Clan."? (I am not native english, so maybe I misunderstood, but it sounds like"we will return to the Meng Clan". I though they were the Meng Hao relatives exiled from the Meng Clan)(If I am wrong in my understanding, please notify me. Thanks)

• edited February 2017
    Okay, I have a few questions that were probably answered somewhere in this thread but am unable to find because of the frequency of the words I am looking for, the number of pages, and the lack of in-thread search function. So please help me if you can, fellow Daoists.

I heard Meng Hao follows the Demon cultivation path in the future, differentiating him from Wang Lin (God) or Su Ming (Devil). However, they seem to have begun on this path early on while Meng Hao is already an Immortal. Does this mean he undergoes that demonic transmigration he almost did in the Violet Sea? If he becomes a demon, what differentiates his cultivation path from other demons (for instance, Pill Demon and Blood Demon are demons who follow the Immortal cultivation path)?
    During the war with 33 heaven he turn from Immortal path to Demon path. What's different is he has allheaven blood inside him so he turn into demon path is part of allheaven plan because allheaven need to absorb 99 people from allheaven bloodline who turn to demon path. As to why demon path
    What's left of Allheaven is only two fingers representating demon and immortal path, demon has somekind of changeable law and allheaven want to use it for his Nirvana rebirth. Immortal path is sort of incomplete in this universe
    also a little correction Wang Lin and Su Ming didn't specifically said to follow certain path in their respective novels and they follow God and Devil path is only mentioned in issth. And Wang Lin too ever experience bedevilment (although iirc not completed it) but he can freely switch between Immortal Qi and Demon/Devil Qi

Ovnidemon said:
    Why did the ambushers said "We’re going… back to the Meng Clan."? (I am not native english, so maybe I misunderstood, but it sounds like"we will return to the Meng Clan". I though they were the Meng Hao relatives exiled from the Meng Clan)(If I am wrong in my understanding, please notify me. Thanks)

no
    they're from 7th M&S
    since they want to infiltrate Meng Clan it's natural they said that
  • Does the guy who is obsessed with the "righteous and Noble aura" of Meng Hao ever make an appearance again? Any reason why he's obsessed with MH'S aura
  • Seems like Meng Hao and Meng De's relationship is off on a good start, will MH help Meng De in any way in the future- like his cultivation? Also when will the clan learn of his true identity?
  • edited February 2017
    Meng Hao meets his grandmother and granduncles at 1256, his grandmother instantly realises it's not Meng Chen, so he reveals who he truly is to only them, the rest of the clan don't find out untill later.
  • Why does 7th M&S attack 8th M&S? What is their purpose?
    Does Meng Hao die during His Ancient Realm Tribulation or after he finishes his tribulation?
    How long does the war last for?
    Does Meng Hao die before or after the war between 7th M&S and 8th M&S?

Fellow Daoists please enlighten me _/\_
  • slipo said:
    Why does 7th M&S attack 8th M&S? What is their purpose?
    Does Meng Hao die during His Ancient Realm Tribulation or after he finishes his tribulation?
    How long does the war last for?

Fellow Daoists please enlighten me _/\_
    The 7th lord is an alien race
    No
    130+ chapters
    No
  • tombec94 said:
    kr33d said:

thanks
    ps - i thot i had clicked "post comment"..but apparently didnt..
  • edited February 2017

During the war with 33 heaven he turn from Immortal path to Demon path. What's different is he has allheaven blood inside him so he turn into demon path is part of allheaven plan because allheaven need to absorb 99 people from allheaven bloodline who turn to demon path. As to why demon path
    What's left of Allheaven is only two fingers representating demon and immortal path, demon has somekind of changeable law and allheaven want to use it for his Nirvana rebirth. Immortal path is sort of incomplete in this universe
    also a little correction Wang Lin and Su Ming didn't specifically said to follow certain path in their respective novels and they follow God and Devil path is only mentioned in issth. And Wang Lin too ever experience bedevilment (although iirc not completed it) but he can freely switch between Immortal Qi and Demon/Devil Qi
    Thank you for your reply that answered some of my questions, but I am still curious about this change of path: during Meng Hao's Demonic Transmigration in the Violet Sea (around Chapter 520), it is mentioned that becoming a demon results in scattering your consciousness and losing your cultivation base (as well as severing the path of Demon Sealers). Is what he is doing completely different, and does he remain human? Is it that since demons can follow the Immortal path (such as Blood Demon and Pill Demon), you do not need to be a demon to follow the Demon path?
  • edited February 2017
    slipo said:
    Edit: Never mind, I thought you were talking about the war with 33 heavens. If you still wanna read what I wrote before, proceed at your own risk.
    After the war, he floats around as a corpse for 1000 years, until two siblings on their way to Boundless Sect find him.
  • Azureus said:
    slipo said:
    Edit: Never mind, I thought you were talking about the war with 33 heavens. If you still wanna read what I wrote before, proceed at your own risk.
    After the war, he floats around as a corpse for 1000 years, until two siblings on their way to Boundless Sect find him.
    Woah Woah Woah, Wait Wait... After the war with the alien race or 7th and 8th M&S? Or are they both the same thing?
    You are either on my side,
    By my side,
    Or in my FUCKING WAY!
          Choose wisely....
  • opils said:
    Azureus said:
    slipo said:
    Woah Woah Woah, Wait Wait... After the war with the alien race or 7th and 8th M&S? Or are they both the same thing?
    The war between 7th and 8th mountain starts M&S plane's invasion by 33 heavens, the lord of 7th M&S is an alien. There is also a war between 5th and 6th mountains but i don't remember which one is the alien. Basically 33 heavens planted spies inside M&S plane. At the end of the war with 33 heavens and other 2 major powers Meng Hao floats in space for 1000 years and is later found by the 2 sibilings heading towards Boundless sect.
  • A little advice for you guys: I wouldn't ask anything more about the war because a lot of key points of the story left behind by Er Gen are explained during the war, you would ruin your own experience if you asked for more spoilers. Having said this, I nonetheless will gladly answer all your questions if you really want spoilers.
  • What benefits will Meng Hao bring to the Meng Clan- mother bloodline aside from protecting them?
  • He helps them cultivate tremendously and also turns Meng Hao's grandmother into the entire leader of the Clan.
  • So,

From what I understand, there are 3 realms above the dao realm

Dao Source where you search inside yourself to find and obtain the source of your daos

Boundless Dao where you expand your understanding of the dao beyond

And heaven trampling which is an alternative

Are these realms the same realm called by different names or different realms of different worlds? (Can't be the same as boundless dao is the opposite of dao source can it?)

Are these realms like 1 above another or do these realms branch off from the dao realm as separate routes

Is it possible to breakthrough into more than 1 of these realms at the same time (In the event that they are 3 routes from the dao realm)

Is it possible to obtain the dao source, boundless dao and then achive heaven trampling?

Is heaven trampling only unique to the immortal god mainland, dao source to the paragon immortal world and boundless dao to the devil mainland?

Or can any cultivator from any of these worlds breakthrough to any of these realms?

• Hi,

I have read the mtl till the beginning of the 9th book, and have a question regarding the story. When Mang Hao was in the Mountain and Sea realm, the story focused on him being Allheaven immortal and the Fag clan being one of the nine allheaven clan. I was wondering, is the allheaven bloodline anything to do with the bronze lamp and it's original owner, the boundless patriarch? Furthermore, how did the lamp end up being in the mountain and see realm ?
  • edited February 2017
    Emayan said:
    So,

From what I understand, there are 3 realms above the dao realm

Dao Source where you search inside yourself to find and obtain the source of your daos

Boundless Dao where you expand your understanding of the dao beyond

And heaven trampling which is an alternative

Are these realms the same realm called by different names or different realms of different worlds? (Can't be the same as boundless dao is the opposite of dao source can it?)

Are these realms like 1 above another or do these realms branch off from the dao realm as separate routes

Is it possible to breakthrough into more than 1 of these realms at the same time (In the event that they are 3 routes from the dao realm)

Is it possible to obtain the dao source, boundless dao and then achive heaven trampling?

Is heaven trampling only unique to the immortal god mainland, dao source to the paragon immortal world and boundless dao to the devil mainland?

Or can any cultivator from any of these worlds breakthrough to any of these realms?

From what i understood they are all the same realm. The only difference is that one is for the body, one for the soul/spirit, and the other for the cultivation. Thats why it was said that the paragon that imprisoned Greed had a Heaven trampling body, because only his body was above the dao realm.His soul and cultivation were only at the peak of the Dao realm. Only after all three stages are achieve are you truly no longer in the Dao realm.