WDQK - same plot in almost every arc

WDQK is the novel that i found recycle its plot the most in all my reading list so far..

1. Go to a dungeon to get item for leveling up
2. Found opponent of higher level that boast how mighty their sect/cult/empire is
3. Opponent force Lin Dong to give them his martial arts, treasure or weapon
4. Defeat opponent while the audience (if there’s audience) gasp in shock of disbelieved
5. Repeat

Since i followed it so far, i cant stop reading it. But i hope the author can make the plot more interesting as Er Gen, Tang Jia San Shao, IET or Mars do.

Comments

• I am in the same boat brother. I basically got to the point where I skim the chapters. Sad part is I miss nothing important.
  • Same! The most annoying thing about this boat ride we're on is that it's taking forever. I don't like to leave books unfinished or I would have dropped it already. Thus, all I do now is wait 30-50 chapters, skim (reading only topic sentences. Even the fights have become boring), repeat.
  • That's why it's interesting :D
  • Yeah, I can't bring myself to read after 448. It's pretty painful. Now in one single freaking arc we already had 3 same scenarios. I'm pretty sure in 468 it'll be up to 5. Compared to his other work, BTTH, WDQK is really, really dull and boring. I hope it picks up later, because this is unreadable. No suspense, no nothing. Battle for access to some treasure, paired with geniuses, they look down on him, he fights, they no longer look down on him, they go for a treasure, power up, battle for access to some treasure, paired with geniuses, they look down on him, he fights, they no longer look down on him, they go for a treasure, power up etc etc...
  • Literally since the first Arc. And the worst part about it is that the Antagonists suck.

None of them are villains or have any unique personality traits. They are cookie-cutter obstructions that contain absolutely no originality.
    "Oh! You're not from here so you must be a low-class bumpkin. Mock, mock, mock, insult." MC proves them wrong by being awesome. "How dare you be useful or powerful or knowledgeable! Don't you know who my dad is?" MC beats them. Runs away after group shows up. Trains. Comes back to fuck shit up. Runs again thanks to a new group of people who are stronger than the old group but are associated with them through seniority or partnership. "Oh! Frog at the bottom of a well! You know nothing Jon Snow! Blah blah!" MC then again shows off and the cycle repeats some where new after he wins.

Why are all of the villains incomparably arrogant? Is there no other type of villain? Not a single one goes, "Damn I was being a dick." or "You're pretty cool kid. Wanna spar every now and again?". Only the ones that become the MC's bro's, whom do nothing at all but get captured all the time, are able to befriend him. Not because the set aside their pride, but because they are always nice to begin with. Kinda lacks character development.

An example of a good villain. The Joker. He just likes chaos and fucking with Batman. He is literally the greatest villain of all time. Next best villain in my opinion is the God from Arifureta. He just wanted to fuck the world up due to boredom. And so he did. There have been wars, countless murders, racism, and genocide in his name. All cause he got bored. Maybe my standards are high, but these "villains" in this novel and the majority of xianxia novels kinda suck.

Now, Doulou Doulou has a great story and villain. Xian Ni, same. ISSTH is great. Heavenly Jewels Change is amazing with their characters and plot. So not all of them suck. But PMG, ATG, MGA, and novels like theirs lack the most important element to any great story. Some one to root against or to root for. Yes, we have our MC, but he has no real opponent that is around for a long time that is actually someone we hate for a good reason, other than them just hating our MC for no reason. Arrogance isn't good as the only theme for a villain.  
  • There it is guys! Another bad guy trying to steal his martial arts/treasure... Now, let the plot repeat..
  • Same! The most annoying thing about this boat ride we're on is that it's taking forever. I don't like to leave books unfinished or I would have dropped it already. Thus, all I do now is wait 30-50 chapters, skim (reading only topic sentences. Even the fights have become boring), repeat.

• after trying BTTH & GR, and dropping both, I am not reading anything by this author... no offense to the fans, these novels are garbage.

and what the hell is with this name? what the f**k this means? WDQK... am I supposed to speak Chinese to understand the title??? this is a pure moronic decision...

• Complaining about WDQK title makes no sense NU has English variations of the name if you want it, but the name means somewhere along the lines of heaven and earth moving martial arts/ crushing heaven and earth with martial arts so the exact meaning is pretty hard to know from the title which is why it isn't translated.
  • Guys there a website that I'm using right now and it has many novels it's called readlightnovel there's a lot of good novels I'm currently reading Dragon-marked war god it's practically Mc reincarnated and cultivates a skill that lets him transform in to a dragon its really cool might want to try 
    I don't like that website at all. Sure readlightnovel does include the links to the website they took the translation from at the bottom of each chapter. But it is taking away traffic from each individual site because really how often are you going to click that link when you can already read it. A lot of sites are dependent on the ad revenue and shit to help maintain the sites.

matricha said:

after trying BTTH & GR, and dropping both, I am not reading anything by this author... no offense to the fans, these novels are garbage.

and what the hell is with this name? what the f**k this means? WDQK... am I supposed to speak Chinese to understand the title??? this is a pure moronic decision...

I don't understand why it would be moronic. For one, it's a Chinese novel so it should have a Chinese title. Two, when dealing with languages other than English, not everything can be translated perfectly as there are times where there is no equivalent for it. There are countless examples throughout every novel and you can just read Wu Dong Qian Kun like every characters name in every novel. The names aren't translated. 

• matricha said:

after trying BTTH & GR, and dropping both, I am not reading anything by this author... no offense to the fans, these novels are garbage.

WTF because he should really make a name that people other than the chinese could understand huh... lmao