Will leylin become a complete rotten bastard?

After reading chap 254, it confirms that leylin has a kind side no matter how small. But it in the spoiler i have read it is said that by the time novel ends leylin character will become so evil that he makes sauron (LOTR) look like a common thug. Can anyone tell me how accurate this spoiler is? Because it said in the spoiler that he will sacrifice his most devoted follower for a power up.

Comments

• You seem to have a grave misunderstanding here.
    Long story short he does everything to get stronger so he can uncover more information and truths while minimizing risks -> well he uses a computer after all lol. If it does not collide with his interest he is going to help friends etc but not as much as putting himself in deadly danger for it lol.
    And in the same way he does everything in a way like "as long as it helps me screw the collateral damage". Normal humans are seen as livestock either way and other magi are either enemies or companions he may walk a time with but he can also part ways with them. 

His character should not really change all that much.
  • I was wondering about the same question...

I truly hope that in the end he kinda saves the world and end up with a super really kind angel type of woman... that my friend would be something... but I dont hold my hopes high... : /
  • Kurtzin said:
    I was wondering about the same question...

I truly hope that in the end he kinda saves the world and end up with a super really kind angel type of woman... that my friend would be something... but I dont hold my hopes high... : /
    LMAO i really want u to read the ending now xD
  • Kurtzin said:

hahahaha... so do I... but I know I'll only be able to read the last chapter after a few years... T_T... life can be cruel sometimes... ç.ç
  • edited September 2016
    lol.. angel.. more like devil incernate.
  • stefeman said:
    what the hell?!?!?! you damn spoiler!!!  :D :D :D :D
  • Kurtzin said:
    stefeman said:
    what the hell?!?!?! you damn spoiler!!!  :D :D :D :D
    ya dude be like me give him an obvious "subtle" spoiler xD
  • Kurtzin said:
    Kurtzin said:

hahahaha... so do I... but I know I'll only be able to read the last chapter after a few years... T_T... life can be cruel sometimes... ç.ç
    It may be a stretch, but my goal is to complete the translation of this novel before the end of next year :)
  • edited September 2016
    OMA said:
    Kurtzin said:
    It may be a stretch, but my goal is to complete the translation of this novel before the end of next year
    GREAT! 

I hope you can complete even earlier x]... I'm really fond of this story...
  • His beliefs are that to save the larger number a small sacrifice has to be made, and he only acts evil towards rank 7 and above because... also mortals are usually ignored as there was no point in murdering them for no reason also he just plots but never really causes mass slaughtering as it might affect those that are his followers in the long term
  • OMA said:
    Kurtzin said:
    Kurtzin said:

It may be a stretch, but my goal is to complete the translation of this novel before the end of next year :)
    if you manage that you can have my firstborn child
  • He becomes a POS in the 500's when out of nowhere he begins playing with the lives of innocents. He meets a young man who he takes under his wing and another young kid who wants to be his disciple but, ends up failing to be accepted. He teaches the young man how to use a sword and while the kid ends up leaving with a grudge.

He actually treats the young man nicely and helps him to become reliable and worth the love of this girl he is crushing on. One day the Young man end up leaving in order to save the life of the girl and does not return. However, at some point Leylin discovers that the young man's destiny was not simple and he would play a major roll (Hero) in the territories future and that the kid he rejected also has a role (Villian) to play.

He passes on that future seeing technique to a people secretly while making them not have a clue that it is in fact him helping(fucking them over) them from the shadows.In order for the future technique to be completed, those that learned the technique need to kill each other to be able to fully see what's to come and to complete the technique. After it is completed the person immediately realizes that it's Leylin who has been manipulated everyone and now that he has what he wants, he betrays and kills his disciple to get the accumulated destiny he has built up over the course of his journey and then kills the Girl who completed the technique.

His sudo disciple who wanted nothing more then to finally gain the approval of his master ended up being killed like he was an insignificant ant. From that point on I lost all interest in the novel because I now could care less about the MC or his journey. I felt it would have been great karma if one day in the future someone would kill and sacrifice his wife and kids for their power like ants so that he could feel the pain of having someone toy with his life like they are God for the sole purpose of furthering their power. After all that is exactly what he did to his sudo disciple.
  • WiggsChu said:
    He becomes a POS in the 500's when out of nowhere he begins playing with the lives of innocents. He meets a young man who he takes under his wing and another young kid who wants to be his disciple but, ends up failing to be accepted. He teaches the young man how to use a sword and while the kid ends up leaving with a grudge.

He actually treats the young man nicely and helps him to become reliable and worth the love of this girl he is crushing on. One day the Young man end up leaving in order to save the life of the girl and does not return. However, at some point Leylin discovers that the young man's destiny was not simple and he would play a major roll (Hero) in the territories future and that the kid he rejected also has a role (Villian) to play.

He passes on that future seeing technique to a people secretly while making them not have a clue that it is in fact him helping(fucking them over) them from the shadows.In order for the future technique to be completed, those that learned the technique need to kill each other to be able to fully see what's to come and to complete the technique. After it is completed the person immediately realizes that it's Leylin who has been manipulated everyone and now that he has what he wants, he betrays and kills his disciple to get the accumulated destiny he has built up over the course of his journey and then kills the Girl who completed the technique.

His sudo disciple who wanted nothing more then to finally gain the approval of his master ended up being killed like he was an insignificant ant. From that point on I lost all interest in the novel because I now could care less about the MC or his journey. I felt it would have been great karma if one day in the future someone would kill and sacrifice his wife and kids for their power like ants so that he could feel the pain of having someone toy with his life like they are God for the sole purpose of furthering their power. After all that is exactly what he did to his sudo disciple.
    don't think it'll effect him the way u think it will to be honest considering his character. he'll probably only be annoyed by the fact someone ignored his protection instead of they killed his family members
  • WiggsChu said:
    He becomes a POS in the 500's when out of nowhere he begins playing with the lives of innocents. He meets a young man who he takes under his wing and another young kid who wants to be his disciple but, ends up failing to be accepted. He teaches the young man how to use a sword and while the kid ends up leaving with a grudge.

Actually he tries to be a family man and when he was going into reclusive training for 1k years his main wife also snake warlock was distraught so he said that he would spend 100 years with them before going into reclusion so that they would remember him and won't fee too lonely when he is gone. I agree that it was a dick move on his part during these chapters but they would have died either way without accomplishing much so he gave them an opportunity of having a teacher or an enemy to drive them forward at a cost of helping him like for example the first acolytes he met he basically destroyed their future but through indirectly steering them they became magi and have grown stronger and done evil themselves so it was like creating evil to destroy evil... I know these sound like excuses which they sort of are plus I stared disliking the novel after the purgatory arc... because that's when the 1k training started which... never mind enough for now but yeah semi disciple killing was a dick move
  • Leylin always was a pragmatic bastard. But its not only Leylin, its the whole world that acts selfish and kills left and right for benefits. And exactly that is what i love about this story! No "i wanna be a hero and save the day" bullshit. Thats not how i would act and thats not how most people would act. i am conform with most of his decisions with the given circumstances - except for toying with lives just for fun without gainig at least something
  • I kind of like that kind of Anti-Hero. It's very refreshing. 
  • I like it too, just wish there was more romance.
  • Anti-Hero? An Anti-hero doesn't go around betraying and killing those who are completely loyal to him for no reason other then to take away what they have for his own purpose. There is really no excuse for what Leylin does during that ARC no matter who weakly people try to justify it. From there he because the first MC in a LN that I am reading where I honestly could care less if he or his family suffers because it will simply be Karma coming back to deal with a piece of s**t

I can understand that he lives in a cruel world and he should naturally treat his enemies is the most ruthless way possible.However completely screwing over and killing a bunch of innocent youngsters who he manipulated for his own goals really just cemented him as an evil POS and he cannot complain about any of the bad things that happen to him because they are well deserved.
  • Uh, he's still an anti-hero...
    I think you've misplaced a false sense of morality or something to the notion of what an anti-hero is if you think Leylin isn't one because of his questionable acts. It's literally these acts that define him as an anti-hero.
  • edited January 2017
    Wrong! There is a line between Anti-Heroes and villains. 

An anti-hero is a flawed hero, and therfore, much more intresting then the more traditional heros. They can be working on the side of good, but with a tradic flaw, or a horrible past, or for reasons that are selfish and not intirely "pure". They can also be working for the side of evil, but with hidden noble intentions, or other underlying complexities. These darker heros can be jerks, pathetic, hard, jaded, or mean. However, all anti-heros must have enought heroic qualitys, intentions, or strenth (physical including attracktivness or mental) to somehow gain the sympathy of the audiance. Mostly they are intriguing and can therefore can be very, very, SEXY especialy if you love bad boys (girls). Well known anti-heros include Batman (yay Batman Begins), Angle, Draco Malfoy, and well...Napoleon Dynamite (sorry not a hot example). 
    "However, all anti-heros must have enought heroic qualitys, intentions, or strenth (physical including attracktivness or mental) to somehow gain the sympathy of the audiance"

This is where Leylin fails IMO. His actions are purely evil as there is not any underlying noble intention behind the killing of innocents kids and his sudo disciple. It was for the sole purpose of achieving his goals regardless of who's life he had to take. The only reason you see him as an antihero is because prior to his actions with killing the kids he never fully acted like an ass he simply helped who he felt like helping as long it did not require him getting to involved and he could see at least some benefit from it.

Before these events he could be considered an Antihero based on his attitude and actions however once he fucked over his sudo disciple and the other kids, he officially crossed the line into asshole villain. I had actually thought his antihero behavior made him more interesting until the author had him completely cross the line out of nowhere. From there I lost all interest in seeing Leylin continue to grow as I honestly could not care less if he suffered some injustice or was killed. I actually began hoping he would be killed, get royally fucked over or have his future family suffer some tragic fate. Then I could at least laugh and enjoy seeing karma strike back.

Not exactly a well-written MC...
  • There are far worse written MCs. Leylin in comparison is written pretty well imo, albeit he just values rather evil morals.
    I get what you're getting at, but you have to also consider whether that one (or so) act of him being a "villain" is the central act in identifying his character for the entirety of the novel. Not all of his actions were this severe, you could consider these to be the outliers.
    I don't think that if a "hero" does a shady or less than heroic act at some point he suddenly ceases to be a hero and is now labeled something else.

I can only judge so much since I'm reading the TL, but maybe I'll be more inclined towards your mentality on Leylin in the future.
  • why are you guys so worked up on the word anti-hero and just talk about his realistic mental state. imo
  • If you've read this novel for 350 or so chapters and still haven't figured out this is a dark story with a dark MC I don't know what to tell you.
  • i don't know what they want from leylin he's amazing MC not like some bullshit mc "i'm gonna save the world!"
  • Clearly, he is evil. But what is funny, is that he becomes more evil with time but so slowly that I didn't remark it at first lecture: At the start, he helped others if it didn't hinder him (say the cure for the mutation, give a hint to his friends about the war, ...) and was more neutral than evil, when he became rank 1 magus, he started killing without a second thought people of lower rank (while before, he only killed if he found that necessary), at peak rank 1, he killed even people of the same rank, and starting rank 2 he directly played with the life of others.

The best example to show that he become more ruthless: when he went to the city as an acolyte rank 2, he encounters a pursued princess and initially look to not involve himself and want to not kill them (even if it failed and he killed them, the intention was here). At the end of the arc in the city, as a rank 3 acolyte, he start using prisoners life in experiment, even prisoners of light crime.
  • edited February 2017

Face? Who needs that… Hmmm… that guy seems too powerful for me to take on now… I better keep a low profile for now.

You want me to help you? Sure… but what benefit can I get out of it? Nothing? Bye.

Hmmm… that guy looks like he might cause me problems in the future. Should I let him off for now and let him grow into someone that can threaten me….. Nahhh. *kill*

this is the synopsis, in what part  in here did you think the mc is a good guy?, come on! from the very first arc of the series we know that this novel isnt something people with "good heart" should read

as for moral, the only moral of this novel is if your strong you can do anything! thats it! dont put your own "Moral" in this novel

if you are unsatisfied then BEAT IT!

and dont say that leylin attitude suddenly change because thats not true, we see leylin attitude slowly transforming to the dark side and if you think it just suddenly change then you probably turn a blind eye to it! in the arc 1 of the novel we already see him doing a human experiment and you think thats anti hero? and not a villain? because he experimented on slaves? and if you think leylin was anti hero in arc 1 then what part of that you think the mc deserve the title? the mc is a straight up villain from the very beginning and he has been using/manipulating since arc 1,that only thing is in arc 2, leylin did it in much more grander version of manipulation and if you want to curse leylin because he manipulated the innocent baelin then tell me you think that innocent baelin will be able to survive the magus world? No! in fact he survive because of the sacrifice of his so called friends

• I wouldn't say he was rotten until the destiny coin thing thats when you can say he's truly evil. Another evil thing he did was spread out a plague on a whole continent so the people can come to him to worship him for a cure. I mean he did literally become the Original Sin of the whole universe they in.
  • if you look at all the different novels out there and compare them, Leylin seems to be just like any regular cultivator. The only weird out of place cultivators are usually the MCs of each story as they tend to do more things that benefit others. Leylin, like every normal cultivator, is just doing whatever he wants and will only do things that benefit himself. Leylin seems to just follows the same normal social practices that all cultivators adhere to. 

Remember that this is a world where mentors pretty much freely experiment on their own disciples and just abandon them when they are useless. As long as someone is weaker than you then you can make them your bitch. Strength is the only thing that matters and you can only blame yourselves if you end up becoming a toy for others. 
  • We'll he's not a hypocrite and always said he cares about himself first. Like I said before he only really did 2 evil things. 
  • To be honest his actions in the Twilight Zone were kind of out of character. Sure Leylin is cold, and extremely pragmatist, but he normally has a caring side, the worst thing he would do to someone close with him is not helping them because it might endanger his life,
    just playing with and then betraying someone completely loyal to him was out of character imo.