Hated types of Main characters

MCs I hate:

Old man reincarnates and gets harem.

Old man reincarnates and gets young girls.

Any rapey MC.

(Basically any older guy that reincarnates and before being 500-100,000,000,000,000 years old gets a girl. They basically pedophiles). And main characters that rape even if there is supposed to be a good reason doesn't matter. What does matter is consent.

Every main character that is super lazy or doesn't want to help but is always the hero.

(This I have a problem with because it makes you feel like there is character building buts it's false character building. I feel as though they just continue with their ways).

Guy just gets super lucky without looking for it.

(For example. If in one piece luffy finds onepiece without going on a journey he didn't deserve it. Just make them look for a item for 5 to 50 to 500 chapters. Even if it's only five chapters it feels like they earned it instead of them just stumbling into a god sword or legendary armor. I guess this isnt really the main characters fault/way he was written, but after awhile it's basically a trait of the main character. And not this stumbles apron a awesome place with cool stuff and has to find a great treasure within. Make him look for the place and make us experience the journey with him. I mean isn't there a lucky main character tag on novel updates).

Anti hero MC.

(They get boring. That's it. They are either not really anti hero just kinda anti hero. Or they get boring from lack of compassion and the MC's sinister plots get to dry) (I feel like you guys are gonna defend this one).

Overbearing MC.

(I have to say @Ravelord refreshed my memory of the overbearing MC. I also hate the Overbearing MC's of wuxia/xianxia novels mostly because the authors want them to be overbearing but not to be the bad guy so they constantly have the stupidest people be mean to the MC and get crushed).

Thanks to @Ravelord for overbearing MC.

Thats all I can think of atm. Please leave your hated MC types down below. 

Comments

• edited January 2017
    go read jap novels and watch anime. Looks like its your type. 
    And read what phedophile means, becouse what you wrote for sure isnt phedophile. And also tell me the title for novel like that becouse I dont recall any novel with so old MC with harem. 
    Only think i dont like is when MC masacre entire familly/sect/clan becouse of one person, thats stupid for me. 
  • Aliuss said:
    And read what phedophile means, becouse what you wrote for sure isnt phedophile. And also tell me the title for novel like that becouse I dont recall any novel with so old MC with harem. 
    Only think i dont like is when MC masacre entire familly/sect/clan becouse of one person, thats stupid for me. 
    TDG and ATG (not sure how old MC was before he reincarnated) are the ones i can think of atm. There are others i believe but i haven't read them.
    Understand basic grammar:
    Your vs You're
    There vs Their vs They're
    Defiantly vs Definitely
    Loose vs Lose
    Than vs Then
    To vs Too
    NO 'Should/Could of'

• Age doesn't matter in the world of xianxia and xuanhuan novels. So if a trillion years old guy  gets a 10,000+ years old female does it count as pedophile?
  • BookWorm said:
    TDG and ATG (not sure how old MC was before he reincarnated) are the ones i can think of atm. There are others i believe but i haven't read them.
    If i remember the mc of tdg is several thousand years old before he died and reincarnated.
  • Aliuss said:
    Most of these trope MC's are from Japanese novels. Not my type. Also I know what pedophile(not Phedophile) means. And it isn't really old MC's it's reincarnated ones that were old and then is attracted to young women. For example ATG, (don't remember just how old he was(not that old)) but still old enough to not have romantic feeling for his little aunt.
  • edited January 2017

BookWorm said:
    If i remember the mc of tdg is several thousand years old before he died and reincarnated.
    Age doesn't matter in the world of xianxia and xuanhuan novels. So if a trillion years old guy  gets a 10,000+ years old female does it count as pedophile?
    Nope only when they are below 18. When characters get that old it's kinda whatever. 
  • In ATG he was 20+/- in the previous life. so he is 20+/- years old when he reincarnates in 16years old body (he doesnt remember his first life early 16 years of life). When they dont fuck 12-14/16 depends on her lvl of maturity they are not pedhophiles, doesnt matter how old they are. Look at Hugh Hefner and his harem lol (he is 90) and noone thinks he is pedophile. 

• Aliuss said:
    In ATG he was 20+/- in the previous life. so he is 20+/- years old when he reincarnates in 16years old body (he doesnt remember his first life early 16 years of life). When they dont fuck 12-14/16 depends on her lvl of maturity they are not pedhophiles, doesnt matter how old they are. Look at Hugh Hefner and his harem lol (he is 90) and noone thinks he is pedophile. 

Haven't read the 90 year old guy mc book. But he is a pedophile. And btw if your 20 and you fuck a 16 year old even if she was "mature for he age" you would still go to jail. Although it's technically not being a pedophile in a lot of the ones I critize becuase they are in the body of a young person. I find it repulsive
  • edited January 2017
    Aliuss said:
    In ATG he was 20+/- in the previous life. so he is 20+/- years old when he reincarnates in 16years old body (he doesnt remember his first life early 16 years of life). When they dont fuck 12-14/16 depends on her lvl of maturity they are not pedhophiles, doesnt matter how old they are. Look at Hugh Hefner and his harem lol (he is 90) and noone thinks he is pedophile. 

Haven't read the 90 year old guy mc book. But he is a pedophile. And btw if your 20 and you fuck a 16 year old even if she was "mature for he age" you would still go to jail. Although it's technically not being a pedophile in a lot of the ones I critize becuase they are in the body of a young person. I find it repulsive
    What a bullshit. http://www.ageofconsent.com/ageofconsent.htm In 90% countries around the word 16 or less years old is the age of concent. So no you wouldnt go to jail. 
    Hugh Hefner isnt a faction character wtf, he is the founder of playboy and he have girls that are 4x younger than him. Noone calls him a pedophile, maybe only a pervert/lewd person. 
  • Aliuss said:
    Aliuss said:

What a bullshit. http://www.ageofconsent.com/ageofconsent.htm In 90% countries around the word 16 or less years old is the age of concent. So no you wouldnt go to jail. 
    Hugh Hefner isnt a faction character wtf, he is the founder of playboy and he have girls that are 4x younger than him. Noone calls him a pedophile, maybe only a pervert/lewd person. 
    if he was having sex with minors he is a pedophile of he was just having sex with young women then that's ok. And if your trying to defend MCs who have experienced life in another body having sex with young girls not predators. I doubt your mother wouldn't look at you in disgust. I'm not going to insult you directly becuase I feel like we're talking about 2 different things and your constant misspelling of words makes me think your very young.  But as it stands I dislike books with main characters who have sex with women who would be a minor in the US and sometimes when they are 15 when this is their second go at life. My opinion.
  • Aliuss said:
    Most of these trope MC's are from Japanese novels. Not my type. Also I know what pedophile(not Phedophile) means. And it isn't really old MC's it's reincarnated ones that were old and then is attracted to young women. For example ATG, (don't remember just how old he was(not that old)) but still old enough to not have romantic feeling for his little aunt.

Are you okay, dude? Seriously, if you're going to criticize, at least read the story properly first?

Yun Che was 16 when he first died and was already in love with his little aunt, who was 15 yo at the time. Yun Che reincarnated and lived 27 more years in Azure Cloud Continent before being reincarnated back to his 16 yo body. Why shouldn't he have feelings for her then?

Besides, Little Aunt is already 21 yo in the current chapters, but Yun Che has yet to have any sexual relations with her.
    "A person only dies when they are forgotten" - Dr. Hiluluk
  • Ophis said:
    Aliuss said:

Are you okay, dude? Seriously, if you're going to criticize, at least read the story properly first?

Yun Che was 16 when he first died and was already in love with his little aunt, who was 15 yo at the time. Yun Che reincarnated and lived 27 more years in Azure Cloud Continent before being reincarnated back to his 16 yo body. Why shouldn't he have feelings for her then?

Besides, Little Aunt is already 21 yo in the current chapters, but Yun Che has yet to have any sexual relations with her.
    If read the book. This wasn't specifically about ATG. But still if not little aunt then the princess of the first kingdom (been awhile since I stopped reading ATG(blue wind empire?)). Also don't defend him with him living all around the place becuase of his necklace. He doesn't remember that. I just find it weird and a little disgusting when characters reincarnate and are attracted to young girls.
  • Ophis said:
    Aliuss said:

If read the book. This wasn't specifically about ATG. But still if not little aunt then the princess of the first kingdom (been awhile since I stopped reading ATG(blue wind empire?)). Also don't defend him with him living all around the place becuase of his necklace. He doesn't remember that. I just find it weird and a little disgusting when characters reincarnate and are attracted to young girls.
  • Ophis said:
    Aliuss said:

That Princess is Cang Yue, and she was already 18 yo when they first met. Cang Yue was 21 when they married.

What do you mean by he doesn't remember? Yun Che has the memories of both his first 2 lives. Besides, I'm not defending him, just pointing out the facts.

You're simply complaining blindly here.
    "A person only dies when they are forgotten" - Dr. Hiluluk
  • edited January 2017
    Yeah seriously, can you guys at least learn or know the BASIC information regarding these characters/novels you guys are hating on?
  • Ophis said:
    Ophis said:
    Aliuss said:

That Princess is Cang Yue, and she was already 18 yo when they first met. Cang Yue was 21 when they married.

What do you mean by he doesn't remember? Yun Che has the memories of both his first 2 lives. Besides, I'm not defending him, just pointing out the facts.

Fine. I'm not gonna refute that I'm correct becuase I'm wrong so I'll change the post to old guy that gets harem of young women or MC's that RAPE
  • This is kinda hypocritical since YC is the victim of rape in your eyes Acension Machine. The Demon Empress ain't no spring chicken last I checked. So, no. You are not correct. If I am 20 and bone a 15 year old girl, that is rape. If I am 30 and bone a 18 year old girl, that is a consensual relationship. The mental age of a person is irrelevant. If mental age was to be taken into account then any male or female whom have a sexual experience with someone who has the mental fortitude of a 15 year old would be a pedo. Physical age is what matters. Although it is disturbing, it is not pedophilia, nor is it rape. You don't need to like it, but you cannot make your opinion law. 

And before you go and say I'm a pedo for not agreeing with you, I am 24 and have only had relations with girls over the age of 21(no ID no love from me) and under the age of 26. I keep in my range :)
  • So if milion yo guy reincarnates, grows up from toddler, hits puberty, seduces 99 yo old, wrinkled hag, and has sex with her, is it fappable for you? Or is he still pedo since she is 1/10000th of his age? Or is the granny pedo? Or should he just castrate himself from get-go?

Seriously man, you are free to hate whatever, but if you decide to post it, filter it first with common sense.
  • Ophis said:

Fine. I'm not gonna refute that I'm correct becuase I'm wrong so I'll change the post to old guy that gets harem of young women or MC's that RAPE
    And again the quote that makes me hillarious, ppl complaining about rape but not about killing and mass murerer witch is 100000x worse.

Aliuss said:
    Aliuss said:

if he was having sex with minors he is a pedophile of he was just having sex with young women then that's ok. And if your trying to defend MCs who have experienced life in another body having sex with young girls not predators. I doubt your mother wouldn't look at you in disgust. I'm not going to insult you directly becuase I feel like we're talking about 2 different things and your constant misspelling of words makes me think your very young.  But as it stands I dislike books with main characters who have sex with women who would be a minor in the US and sometimes when they are 15 when this is their second go at life. My opinion.
    FFS man noone doubt that when you have sex with miniors you are pedohpile, but almost all MC even when they are reincarnated they start as a kids. So he should look for some grannies by your way of thinking when he is 20 years old in his new body? And also MC never looks old becouse of his cultivation or some other weird techniques so it would be super weird for him to look only at women that are old.... And yes I'm defending them, and I'm 25 for your knowleage. 

• edited January 2017
    1. Naive/kid-like MC. I dunno how it can survive without plot armour even day.
    2. Not ruthless MC is ruthless world. It kinda retarded when he releases powerful enemy/enemy with powerful background after win in battle.
    3. Talking-during-battle MC. Enemy run away or someone save opponent ass during MC's monologue. Super dumb.
    4. Greenhatted MC. No comments.
    5. MC with absurdly romance part like
      -Not interested in girls and get many.
      -Harem-seeking and haven't sex for hundreds years.
      -Domineering badass looking but henpecked in front of every girl.
    6. Memory loss MC. Oh not this shit again.
    7. Timeleaped/reincarnated/teleported from another continent/transported from another universe MC without any reason/power/artifact. Receive no damage during this. Merge souls and control body after 10 minutes. Can heal any body disease and become uncrippled next day. Author just braindead.
    8. Idiotic lucky trash MC. He can't step into first cultivation realm but just found universal artifact in the near cave/on garbage heap/under his pillow/in dusty storehouse of shittest sect on continent. And become supergenius. Fuck.
    9. Transported from Earth/modern world MC with morale and dumb laws in his head instead brain. Now he's cultivator who kill 100+ people in battles and ...
      "can't drink wine in 15yo even with my superbody"
      "I like 300yo girl but can't have sex with her because she 12yo looking "
      "can't attack this bandits for they treasure. I will wait until they attack me first"
    10. MC with unreasonable game device in his ass in "real world". Too weird for me.
    11. Hero-like MC with that "for the all good against all bad" motivation from retarded cartoons. It's unreadable.
  • MCs I hate:

Any rapey MC

(Basically any older guy that reincarnates and before being 500-100,000,000,000,000 years old gets a girl. They basically pedophiles). And main characters that rape even if there is supposed to be a good reason doesn't matter. What does matter is consent.

Every main character that is super lazy or doesn't want to help but is always the hero.

(This I have a problem with because it makes you feel like there is character building buts it's false character building. I feel as though they just continue with their ways)

Guy just gets super lucky without looking for it.

(For example. If in one piece luffy finds onepiece without going on a journey he didn't deserve it. Just make them look for a item for 5 to 50 to 500 chapters. Even if it's only five chapters it feels like they earned it instead of them just stumbling into a god sword or legendary armor. I guess this isnt really the main characters fault/way he was written, but after awhile it's basically a trait of the main character. And not this stumbles apron a awesome place with cool stuff and has to find a great treasure within. Make him look for the place and make us experience the journey with him. I mean isn't there a lucky main character tag on novelupdates)

anti hero MC

(They get boring. That's it. They are either not really anti hero just kinda anti hero. Or they get boring from lack of compassion and the MC's sinister plots get to dry) (I feel like you guys are gonna defend this one)

Thats all I can think of atm. Please leave your hated MC types down below. 

haha!你是一个成熟的读者。要知道你现在看到的书多数都是面向12到20岁的小屁孩的!他们看这种
    White paper式书还觉得简直就是神作!现在这个网站翻译的书大部分都是这样的吧?遗憾的是写得好一些的书往往不是那么流行!并且这个网站的翻译速度实在是太慢了!我真的担心你在看到值得一读的小说之前,已经完全失去了对网络小说的兴趣。
    推荐你个好一点的书吧!《Terror infinity》-----no 后宫,no old man,and no other something Especially boring
  • LigerCero said:
    This is kinda hypocritical since YC is the victim of rape in your eyes Acension Machine. The Demon Empress ain't no spring chicken last I checked. So, no. You are not correct. If I am 20 and bone a 15 year old girl, that is rape. If I am 30 and bone a 18 year old girl, that is a consensual relationship. The mental age of a person is irrelevant. If mental age was to be taken into account then any male or female whom have a sexual experience with someone who has the mental fortitude of a 15 year old would be a pedo. Physical age is what matters. Although it is disturbing, it is not pedophilia, nor is it rape. You don't need to like it, but you cannot make your opinion law. 

And before you go and say I'm a pedo for not agreeing with you, I am 24 and have only had relations with girls over the age of 21(no ID no love from me) and under the age of 26. I keep in my range :)
    我的天哪!难道你们从来不知道网络上有句话叫做“认真你就输了!”吗???

• Icefield said:
    1. Naive/kid-like MC. I dunno how it can survive without plot armour even day.
    2. Not ruthless MC is ruthless world. It kinda retarded when he releases powerful enemy/enemy with powerful background after win in battle.
    3. Talking-during-battle MC. Enemy run away or someone save opponent ass during MC's monologue. Super dumb.
    4. Greenhatted MC. No comments.
    5. MC with absurdly romance part like
      -Not interested in girls and get many.
      -Harem-seeking and haven't sex for hundreds years.
      -Domineering badass looking but henpecked in front of every girl.
    6. Memory loss MC. Oh not this shit again.
    7. Timeleaped/reincarnated/teleported from another continent/transported from another universe MC without any reason/power/artifact. Receive no damage during this. Merge souls and control body after 10 minutes. Can heal any body disease and become uncrippled next day. Author just braindead.
    8. Idiotic lucky trash MC. He can't step into first cultivation realm but just found universal artifact in the near cave/on garbage heap/under his pillow/in dusty storehouse of shittest sect on continent. And become supergenius. Fuck.
    9. Transported from Earth/modern world MC with morale and dumb laws in his head instead brain. Now he's cultivator who kill 100+ people in battles and ...
      "can't drink wine in 15yo even with my superbody"
      "I like 300yo girl but can't have sex with her because she 12yo looking "
      "can't attack this bandits for they treasure. I will wait until they attack me first"
    10. MC with unreasonable game device in his ass in "real world". Too weird for me.
    11. Hero-like MC with that "for the all good against all bad" motivation from retarded cartoons. It's unreadable.
    Lmao #7 was a real 'subtle' dig at a certain novel, just can't quite put my finger on which one.
    Not sure if I get #9 cause the ones I've read about going from modern earth to cultivate they have no problems just killing and pillaging, like god of slaughter or dominating sword immortal 
  • BookWorm said:
    Actually he just went back in time and both minds get superimposed, because he still have his young body and young heart, and all the people around him are from his own generation. And you could see that the other people minds start coming back to them as well. Also Nie Li spent thousands of year in a separate dimension building up his strength and had only been in the outside for like 1 or 2 hundred years before he get killed his main goal was stoping his wife from dying again, not pedophilia.
  • Actually the ty of MC I disgust would be:
    1. The arrogant type, that get dumber as they power up.
    2. The cold blooded type, that will kill an entire clan, with babies and elderly  (even if they never mention them, it's a clan not an organisation) 
    3. The type that kill people they don't even know just to rob them or use them.
    4. The avenger type, that will kill from hundreds to million people just to avenge a relative that got killed whether for his own fault or the MC's, sometimes because of the circumstances.
    5. The above heaven type, that just goes around doing bad stuff, that later will be justified by the author. 
    6. The rapist type,  that rape women and later magically the girl fall in love with him.
    7. The incest type, that are in love with their own siblings, wether or not the author make up a story later on to say they are not. (In case you didn't know incest porn sale like hot cake in asia).
    8. Womanzier type. (I'm not against harem, I just don't like when MC fall in love in every arc and cant control his feelings and every new female introduced in the story is the prettiest woman on earth and had to be on harem).
    9. The possessed type, the kind that are replaced by the author and the MC is basically the author telling you about his deepest fantasies. 

• edited January 2017
    Typically translated novels feel so lacking in some areas for their MCs. I hate it so much when they're filled with stereotypes (ideas) and it really does seem forced. 
    MCs I hate:
    1. MC with a "twisted" kind of friendship
    MC overuses/overstates the fact that their companion is a "fatty." I feel like this trope is used way too often. It just irks me a lot even if it is somewhat lighthearted. There is also the case when their friendship feels more like a "Boss and Worker." Also, later on it becomes somewhat distasteful that in order to be a "true" friend, the other person must be up to a certain strength in order to qualify in the eyes of the MC. A lot of novels just gives me that kind of impression, or else their "friend" just becomes someone we consider "inferior."  Thus, it makes it kind of hard to see the real friendship/bond in a wuxia world. 
    2. MC that compares women's beauty like whenever there are two "beauties" around. Seriously, most of the time, descriptions of beauties are blunt comparison like XX is far more beautiful than YY. Even if there are so many gender stereotypes prevalent and generally taken for face value, it kind of just diminish the MC's reputation for me whenever it happens. I might understand if it happens a couple of time, but it feels like every woman the MC focuses on is a "beauty." Smaller issues such as expectations for a woman's role in society just turns me off a bit. It becomes a bit boring to hear that XX or YY "gossips like all woman do". It just feels a bit annoying and cheap that the author can use these stuff so blatantly and whimsically sometimes, and most of the times it doesn't add much value. Sure it might be appealing just a tiny tiny bit in your heart to read those kind of statements but reinforcing conservative values when it is totally unnecessary just seems excessive. 
    3. A lot of MCs feel way too possessive....Like sometimes they care too much on what they have/are. They care too much on their growth/power. They care too much on some woman (or man :( jk )
    4.  Sometimes I feel like the author is just over exaggerating so much on the "IDEAL" chinese man should be. They barely have a feminine side because IMO "femininity isn't only just for girls". Guys can be feminine but a lot of MCs just doesn't show it because the author gives me the impression that the author treats it as if it were a "flaw"/weakness. It would be interesting to learn that the MC put effort into something like playing with his son (and this doesn't mean teaching him how to fight). I know a wuxia is suppose to deal with chivalry though, but sometimes the generic plot is problematic.
    5. Sometimes I'm annoyed that authors can't think of anything better than a "Competition" and the MC "must win this competition." Although competitions are kind of entertaining to read, I don't ever remember a moment when a MC loses. It would be more exciting to read about a MC who loses in a really important competition than knowing for sure that MC trains like hell / use cheat to win.  

Edit: What really piss me off the most is the concept of prodigy/talent  for young MC. Like it goes both ways if MC is blessed with skills at just 3 years old or if MC is considered the "worst" of his clan or something. This might be appealing for others but to me, it seems kind of a cheap way for the author to "Justify" certain things, such as how MC is so OP, or just gives an easy excuse for MC to get revenge. 
  • edited January 2017

MCs I hate: Going to steal the first two

On that note, I have no problems with a king having concubines or the political stories where there are concubines but often, these stories are more mature.

Also to me, Yun Che is a creepy fucker but he seems to inspire the males in here. I'm tired of these re-incarnated folks perving over young girls as much as I am tired of 16 year olds falling for 3000 year old vampires.

An MC that powers up to a ridiculous level. Honestly, this gets really tiring. The MC gets to a point he is slaying people like five levels above him and when you think he's powerful they take it even further by adding even another level. He reaches the heaven level which shakes heaven and earth and is unheard of in history, but then he gets to the all heaven realm, but oh no, we're not done. There's an even more awesome, more perfect level.

MC's that chase every beauty that appears on the block.

MCs that are full of speeches. This goes for villains too.

MCs that get more stupid with the plot and win fights out of sheer protagonistness (not a word but you know what I mean) and nothing else.

Nothing to do with MC so much as the writing. Long tedious descriptions of every beauty he meets. My word, this is the sole reason I cannot read ATG. I don't think a writer has ever worn me out like that. On top of that, every time this beauty appears she has to be described again. Was the first time not enough? How many times must we hear about her porcelain skin that is smooth like jade? How many times can will you mention her graceful curves.

• I don't mind harem, but reincarnation is a damn overused plot twist.
    Hate 'good-for-nothing attitude' MC, i.e. "Every main character that is super lazy or doesn't want to help but is always the hero."
    Also hate overbearing MC, not like Li Qiye, but Yun Che/Chu Feng.
  • Valheran said:
    So if milion yo guy reincarnates, grows up from toddler, hits puberty, seduces 99 yo old, wrinkled hag, and has sex with her, is it fappable for you? Or is he still pedo since she is 1/10000th of his age? Or is the granny pedo? Or should he just castrate himself from get-go?

Seriously man, you are free to hate whatever, but if you decide to post it, filter it first with common sense.
    The lady would be a pedophile
  • Ravelord said:
    I don't mind harem, but reincarnation is a damn overused plot twist.
    Hate 'good-for-nothing attitude' MC, i.e. "Every main character that is super lazy or doesn't want to help but is always the hero."
    Also hate overbearing MC, not like Li Qiye, but Yun Che/Chu Feng.
    Ohh yeah overbearing Mc's get super repetitive! Will add to list