Story losing it's charm toward the end

2»

Comments

• i dont read many xianxia novels except for the ones offered at this site so far and only completed stellar transformation and coiling dragon..imo the authors have done a very good job considering they had us addicted to see it till the end but its pretty understandable that towards the ending it might seem rushed and quality dropped..well its really not easy to end such a detailed story and if they were to take into account of the quality of details even till the end it would be super exhausting for them and the story might be side tracked or even worse they cant simply end it to take into account everything and every detail..well just take it thats the best they can do without side tracking and having a simple satisfying ending..its applaudable and praiseworthy that they got many fans addicted to their stories
  • emptybox said:

Anyway, I have my own critiques and likes of the story so I'll just list some of those I can think of here:
    • The wooden swords plot-line really went nowhere
    • Meng Hao never uses the Shield and Bell he stole from the Wolf
    • There was no explanation of the Demon Sealer's tribulations that the previous generations went through. The 6th generation just randomly shows up and leaves. The 5th generation was apparently from the outside world, but Meng Hao never follows up.
    • Meng Hao recreates the Mountain-Sea world as his own divine treasure, but never fights with it
    • The Ruo Tien 9 transformations was stupid as a final boss
    • Meng Hao discovers the Dao of Space from the 8th Demon Seal and creates an ultra powerful 2D seal, but none of the other Seals were explored in the same way. They were just suddenly mastered.
    • The copper mirror armor was completely useless in the final boss battle
    • Meng Hao never gets physical with XY, even though he technically has a child with CCY
    • I quite liked the Fang Mu clone's super fast leveling up section
    • The 8 reincarnations cycles were some of the best side stories. Dog's story was quite badass. The super harem of the 8th was hilarious. The 9th was quite endearingly sad.
    • Meng Hao repaying the silver he owed in the very first chapter to the reincarnation of the random villager was so very satisfying 
    • Meng Hao's revenge on the 33 Heavens was cruel and unusual, but also really satisfying
    ....that's all for now

Demon sealer innumerable tribulations meant the spell formation beyond 33 heavens made by 2 factions...Meng hao laughs at it and destroys it in end
    Outside is huge they could be any where from billions of lands...
    He didnt need to use the mountains and sea weapon after unique as he has mirror
    Mirror armor he uses when he fights perivous three unqiues' memory clones
    He has trillions of years to get physical no need to hurry :P

Final boss could have been better thou...
  • I didn't like how some characters disappeared without a trace. Take Meng Hao's grandmother for example, pretty big arc, but then completely forgotten about afterwards. What gives? A lot of characters aren't mentioned in the ending and there are no good byes or anything either. "Well I guess I'm God now, good bye forever" and then Meng Hao was forgotten by everyone. The End.
  • I didn't like how some characters disappeared without a trace. Take Meng Hao's grandmother for example, pretty big arc, but then completely forgotten about afterwards. What gives? A lot of characters aren't mentioned in the ending and there are no good byes or anything either. "Well I guess I'm God now, good bye forever" and then Meng Hao was forgotten by everyone. The End.
    most of them die after their life span ends i think, while he was meditating for eons to solve Luotian's curse
  • I would like the story even better if characters don't look coolly, take a deep breath or their eyes glitter at every 3rd sentence.
  • chrish said:
    I would like the story even better if characters don't look coolly, take a deep breath or their eyes glitter at every 3rd sentence.
    You will like it less when Meng Hao starts snorting at people.
  • chrish said:
    I would like the story even better if characters don't look coolly, take a deep breath or their eyes glitter at every 3rd sentence.
    This didn't really bother me nor did I really notice until I read this but now... I just want to bang my head against a wall.
  • really love the novel definitely one of the good one out there.. quite refreshing from other xianxia 
    however, looking from how the fans  bashing someone thats just giving opinion is kinda turnoff..

oh well, just a fellow reader giving my two cents
  • Just... what the hell happened at the end? I'm using Google Translate and hell, I can't understand it...

This is the link: http://www.shumilou.co/woyufengtian/

Can anyone PLEASE spoil the ending? Is it true that this has a Harem end where Meng Hao ends up with XQ and CYY??

And what do you guys mean by Meng Hao 'technically' has a child with CYY? WTF??
  • MC had a clone that marries CYY when Something happened to CYY's soul.. So, his clone gets CyY while MH gets Xu qing. Is what I think they mean when I gathered the info
  • Mikleo said:
    Just... what the hell happened at the end? I'm using Google Translate and hell, I can't understand it...

Can anyone PLEASE spoil the ending? Is it true that this has a Harem end where Meng Hao ends up with XQ and CYY??

LuffyKun said:
    MC had a clone that marries CYY when Something happened to CYY's soul.. So, his clone gets CyY while MH gets Xu qing. Is what I think they mean when I gathered the info
    technically it's not really chuyuyan as it's the reincarnation of part of her soul and it's not really meng hao as it's the 9th reincarnation of his clone (both don't have their previous life memories). but they do reunite at the end of story in a boat (and xu qing before kind of give meng hao permission to marry chuyuyan)
  • Mikleo said:
    Just... what the hell happened at the end? I'm using Google Translate and hell, I can't understand it...

LuffyKun said:
    MC had a clone that marries CYY when Something happened to CYY's soul.. So, his clone gets CyY while MH gets Xu qing. Is what I think they mean when I gathered the info
    technically it's not really chuyuyan as it's the reincarnation of part of her soul and it's not really meng hao as it's the 9th reincarnation of his clone (both don't have their previous life memories). but they do reunite at the end of story in a boat (and xu qing before kind of give meng hao permission to marry chuyuyan)
    Did the clone separate from Meng Hao at the end? Someone told me that at the end Meng Hao and Xu Qing went aboard the boat, while Chu Yuyan went into the cabin where Meng Hao's clone is? The one that told me was also unsure since we're using Google Translate lol!
  • Mikleo said:
    Did the clone separate from Meng Hao at the end? Someone told me that at the end Meng Hao and Xu Qing went aboard the boat, while Chu Yuyan went into the cabin where Meng Hao's clone is? The one that told me was also unsure since we're using Google Translate lol!
    the clone 'die',he reintegrate with meng hao. Chuyuyan came out of the cabin on the boat at the end of story
  • edited June 2016
    Why are people getting butthurt about criticism?
    In war arc As usual the emotional content, Tragedy was unsurpassed. I cried buckets , But the battles were bad.
    And the Multiple step skip fighting turned it even more worse.

I love ISSTH but I love it for its characterization and emotional stuff. The battles after Heavenly Dao Immortal/Crown Immortal took a turn for worse as they went ahead.

Telling something bad about parts that are bad, isn't discouraging others. no novel is 11/10 in everything and you are a idiot if you think that.
  • athlonkmf said:

Hence Tragedy is one of the earliest and also the best known form of entertainment whether we are aware of it or not.

Nope... not feeling entertained...

Are you talking about poverty? Well, poverty sure its' tragic and not really funny.  : P

Anyway: You are actually trying to undermine each other's opinion. If for example I like apples and dislike pears it's quite pointless to point out that my likes and dislikes are wrong.
  • lail said:
    athlonkmf said:

Hence Tragedy is one of the earliest and also the best known form of entertainment whether we are aware of it or not.

Nope... not feeling entertained...

Are you talking about poverty? Well, poverty sure its' tragic and not really funny.  : P

Anyway: You are actually trying to undermine each other's opinion. If for example I like apples and dislike pears it's quite pointless to point out that my likes and dislikes are wrong.
    That cultivator is looks like he is about to do his third spirit severing, which just goes to show you, never judge a cultivator by their clothes.
  •  when CD was still mid translation and i skimmed through spoilers a lot of people complained about the ending and how it was rushed, but when i read it, i found out it was only the last couple of chapters which were little bit rushed( at least in my opinion and what i remember), now i read this thread and is the last couple HUNDREDS of chapters which were rushed or was it like CD and the last few chapters were rushed?
  • Whole last arc =
    Hurr durr Drumroll begins
    Strong af enemy come and butcher everything
    MH gets powa up and beat dem
    Even stronger come
    Even more powa
    Even stronger come
    MC *Dead* and fam dead
    Magic happens all revive
    Magic happens all ded again
    Magic happens yet all fucking revived
    Boss appears
    Asspull fighto
    Magic still happens and all die again
    Asspull powa
    Revive yet again!

Fucking garbage I tell, Author dragged it so much for pointless crap. That u stopped feeling value of deaths by end since YOLO REVIVE!
    Only redeeming part in whole goddamn arc was Chu Yuan , If it wasnt for her - it wouldnt be even readable.
  • edited December 2016
    I think (and i know thats a minority) that ISSTH gets rly boring the last 400-500 chapthers. Its every time the same with the mc and his luck and im the fucking coolest guy out there and get everthing what i want story line. The first half of ISSTH it was rly funny and new for me but in the second half its only becomes so annoying . PS: I know my eng sucks and thats only my opinion so no hate pls ^^

• I have been with this site for quite some time but only now registered just to comment. lol. I do agree with the story loosing it's charm, i will give examples, but then again I am on Chapter 1149. While I do find many faults with ISSTH, I also think it is one of the best ones out there, at least so many of the other ones have irked me too much to have any desire to continue. But I feel this happens, more than anything, have not taking time to plan out and work out the story and mechanics and branching off, etc... Like in any field, when you start 'half-assing' which does happen in ISSTH from time to time, 'it goes to shit'. This, unfortunately is like a cancer that seems ti afflict so many across literature, animation, video game development, and so forth.

For ISSTH the things I don't like or rather, find irksome:
    For some reason, and this has been already covered in another thread, Japanese and Chinese authors seem to be straight up incompetent, ignorant, and awkward when it comes to anything that involves romance, love, and the opposite sex. To the point that I have had to ask myself if any of the said authors have even been involved in any way with the opposite sex. It was pointed out in previous threads that many of mentioned authors don't have any experience with women and being involved with women and even more so in a genuine relationship, and thus the results. In this case, there's not much I can say.

Having said this, this is just one aspect and regardless of the case, I don't feel it affects the story too much. Then again, that may be the real problem. If it were any of us, actually incarnated into said realm, then our lives would mostly be a very lonely and quite sad life. Never experience genuine love, for after all, is it not LOVE that is the whole purpose of life?

In either case, I do feel that, at least leading up to the wedding, that Meng Hao and Xu Qing, and even Chu Yuyan do come to genuinely love one another. I disagree about love being irrational; after all, many of us here on Gaia have never known what it is to truly, unconditionally, eternally, and absolutely LOVE, to make love, to both experience and express the source of all of life, LOVE. But i digress, in ISSTH, it is still better then others.

ISSTH doesn't really have this issue, which I love, where with other ones like with Yun Che, where somehow 'woman are less than men' where 'women' are nothing but property and so on". Deeply ingrained in the culture of the people of china and japan and even korea. True. Still, its nothing but an deeply rooted inferiority complex, leading to the lashing out and both idiotic and insane frame of mind and heart that so many suffer all over the world. It so happens that many of the characters and protagonist seem to suffer from this as well. Thus, why i drop so many of them. But this again goes back to the romance issue of not having any genuine experience in such matters. Or rather, the experience grants the opportunity to gain comprehensions/understanding which is only gain through compassion which leads to what is defined as genuine wisdom. We need only understand but to do so in our world? Some of us do, other have yet to do so. Not much that can be done really, unless we can come up with ways to inspire.

Lord Fifth, you mentioned about the 'right to criticize'. You do know your being full of it in thinking like that, as it has already been pointed out to you, we all of the right, at all times, with the exception of the private affairs of others, then we need consent. It would do well though, for the criticism to always be accurate, valid, logical, sound, and constructive. That way, we can always engage in a beneficial conversation for everyone's good fortune. You feel hurt, I understand, but please keep in mind to not lash out when you feel triggered and instead take the time to think things through calmly, most especially so that you can accurately express your point. I say this to you with respect. That said, long live lord fifth! ;)

StrawhatTeemo: I would like to engage with you in the topic of Tragedy. I agree and disagree with you. I feel that it can be beneficial and work quite well in story telling and even in the development in real life. But for the sake of tragedy, I do not agree. It is only beneficial when the purpose behind it a, the intention and where it leads, leads to something far more than that, Mostly LOVE. Simply throwing tragedy around will never make sense and even less benefit anyone, least of all the protagonist in any story. We on Gaia, earth, use tragedy so much because we as a civilization are underdeveloped, ignorant, savage, and at times quite cruel. I engage with many civilization from other planets and galaxies and universes and multiverses. The literature there is mostly never of tragedy and when it contains tragedy it is always for the development with th intentions of leading back to LOVE and Self-awareness. This leads to a profound awakening of said individual's self awareness as both an individual and as one interconnected to all of life which then together leads to unity consciousness which then leads to the understanding of the essence of family which will only ever lead to the knowing of the unknown, which is LOVE. The SOURCE of everything. Perceived in an infinite of ways but still in the end, LOVE.

So while we may use Tragedy as a function for our story telling and character development, we must take care to use it with a greater purpose in mind.

As for faults: I think that we are all perfect when we achieve our own awareness of the entirety of our own individuality and only then being said entirety. But here on Gaia, we know not the meaning of such, and thus our definition of perfection becomes insanity and our definition of imperfection accepted. Instead, we should come to know and understand, fully, our true individuality, the totality and in the entirety of who, what, why, when, where, and how we are as the Individuals that we are. When we do so, the whole notion of perfection and imperfection disappears, and we instead learn to simply be our authentic genuine self, and when we do so, thus we are then prefect. Which is a very different meaning of the 'perfect' that we use and mean here on Gaia/earth.

Thank you everyone for taking the time to read and consider my words. Much appreciated. As always, im in eternal gratitude for the opportunity to be able to read such works such as ISSTH regardless of its shortcoming which are indeed shortcomings. I myself hope to one day write my own novel, lets see how I match up myself that day; which I will openly welcome all criticism. after all, only in exploring such a varied perspectives may I myself hope to continue my own expansion of mine consciousness and in so doing, my ability to both be and express LOVE. ;)   
    LuciEl                 

• edited December 2016
    I disagree while i agree with you at the same time, i think the purpose of life to some people and some culture is different from yours you cant blame then for it, in a world where immortals exist the pinnacle of life would be being an immortal not love.

i think this is not a inferiority complex like you said just a culture thing women in 1900 are happy about not having certain rights and having her husband take care of her, this is why there are a lot of woman who was against feminine vote.

what i think is the problem there is that they do not have a relationship, with it they do not 'know' the opposite sex and with the culture and a man living alone and others things they keep that mentality, this is why in so many works we almost do not see woman as being strongest etc, even the ratio is way lower.

anyway i think the problem in a lot of these novels is the ending, some authors want to make a lot of connections but these are really bad because in the ending there are too many loose ends and the author sometimes do it because they want a rope to climb if something went wrong, but  i blame it in the system they need to write fast so of course they would put a lot of filler there and a lot of things to save their work this result in a lot of loose ends plotholes etc, so when they're ending they do it too fast and do not explain what needed to explain they just finish, look at coiling dragon 5 chapters there would fix all of it, delia, how the world have behaved after it happened, his sons, etc.
  • The alien invasion is boring, sure it's cool that he can fight paragons but that's just it. I'm still waiting for the boundless sect arc which is probably the best arc in the novel (for me).
  • alryt, for chu yuyan and xu qing love wars, one thing- xu qing met meng hao first, she called dibs, done.
  • I disagree while i agree with you at the same time, i think the purpose of life to some people and some culture is different from yours you cant blame then for it, in a world where immortals exist the pinnacle of life would be being an immortal not love.

i think this is not a inferiority complex like you said just a culture thing women in 1900 are happy about not having certain rights and having her husband take care of her, this is why there are a lot of woman who was against feminine vote.

what i think is the problem there is that they do not have a relationship, with it they do not 'know' the opposite sex and with the culture and a man living alone and others things they keep that mentality, this is why in so many works we almost do not see woman as being strongest etc, even the ratio is way lower.

anyway i think the problem in a lot of these novels is the ending, some authors want to make a lot of connections but these are really bad because in the ending there are too many loose ends and the author sometimes do it because they want a rope to climb if something went wrong, but  i blame it in the system they need to write fast so of course they would put a lot of filler there and a lot of things to save their work this result in a lot of loose ends plotholes etc, so when they're ending they do it too fast and do not explain what needed to explain they just finish, look at coiling dragon 5 chapters there would fix all of it, delia, how the world have behaved after it happened, his sons, etc.
    I meant in universally and the source LOVE which expresses as Love Yin and Light Yang, which together express The Life Force, Life, and from Life Infinite Life. But I Understand what your saying and I most definitely agree that this system we have in place is really killing the imaginations n drive and such. Not just in writing either, take the video game industry and anime; it has gotten depressing and quite worrisome. :( 
  • I actually enjoyed the story more during the end. I liked reading about the struggles of being immortal. It was more interesting to read about what he could do as an all powerful immortal than reading about fights all the time. To me the main draw of the story is the adventure and the philosophy of cultivation rather than about a scrappy hero who killed his way to the top and got himself a harem of girls like most other stories. 
  • Ceemoose said:
    I actually enjoyed the story more during the end. I liked reading about the struggles of being immortal. It was more interesting to read about what he could do as an all powerful immortal than reading about fights all the time. To me the main draw of the story is the adventure and the philosophy of cultivation rather than about a scrappy hero who killed his way to the top and got himself a harem of girls like most other stories. 

You know, I agree with you. What i enjoy the most is precisely the cultivators perspective, philosophies, and comprehension of life as well as their approach to their own journey. I am currently in ISSTH Book 7 Chapter 1179. Thank you for your post. :smiley: