Most overpowered MC of all time?

Who do you guys think is the most OP MC of all time? From 10+ novels I've read so far, Li Qi Ye from Emperor's Domination stands on top, on my list. Yun Che from ATG would be 2nd and maybe Jiang Chen from Dragon Marked War God would be 3rd. I don't mean the power of the MCs at the end of the novel. I am referring to their strength from the beginning till the end as they face their enemies. You know, jumping levels to destroy their opponents from the start of the novel.

Comments

• lol dem all be trippin the moment Lord Xueying attack too much tribulation 
  • redleaf97 said:
    lol dem all be trippin the moment Lord Xueying attack too much tribulation 
    who dat?
  • Azureus said:
    redleaf97 said:
    lol dem all be trippin the moment Lord Xueying attack too much tribulation 
    who dat?
    Lord Xue Ying is a novel from IET.
  • i vote for Li Qiye. 
    i like how there is always hidden power he accumulated through all those yeas as dark crow
  • Qin Yu from stellar transformations and Linley from Coiling Dragon.
  • Yue Yang from LLS.
    "A person only dies when they are forgotten" - Dr. Hiluluk
  • Oh we're definitely talking about Goku.

Needless to say, he is horrifingly overpowered and comes back from the dead as many times as he dies hahaha
  • Qin Yu from stellar transformations and Linley from Coiling Dragon.
    Nope, Xue ying more OP
  • redleaf97 said:
    Qin Yu from stellar transformations and Linley from Coiling Dragon.
    Nope, Xue ying more OP
    I still haven't read that book, please tell my why he's more powerful than those two?
  • ZaiHuo said:
    Oh we're definitely talking about Goku.

Needless to say, he is horrifingly overpowered and comes back from the dead as many times as he dies hahaha
    Welp if you'd mention Goku then I'd have to mention Saitama...
  • edited November 2016
    ZaiHuo said:
    Oh we're definitely talking about Goku.

As Li Qi Ye says, not enough to reach the apex. Caped Baldy would beat him up so bad xD
    Also, on this topic, I didn't mean the power of the MCs at the end of the novel. I was referring to their strength from the beginning till the end as they face their enemies. You know, jumping levels to destroy their enemies from the start of the novel.
  • edited November 2016
    Ohh look what you started.
    A war is going to start because of this thread, best remove it.
    But if i had to say the most OP MC..... without a doubt One Punch Man.
    Li Qiye, Qin Yu, Xue ying, Yue Yang, Linley, Jiang Chen, Yun Che, Meng Hao, Chu Feng, Xiao Yan, Nie Lie and many more to come. They all aren't even worth a fart in front of Saitama. Since he can literally One Punch them.
    END OF DISCUSSION unless you people want to spew BS
    You are either on my side,
    By my side,
    Or in my FUCKING WAY!
          Choose wisely....
  • well if we're ignoring differences in character and worlds and such, then yes, at the most basic level saitama is the most OP MC of all time EVER. (currently).... this cannot be argued, his very essence is that of an invincible character who can literally one punch anything and everything to death... (at full power.)

but if we're going to seriously consider this and limit it to less BS character and more 'realistic' MC's, and more specifically to chinese WN. then my vote goes to Yang Chen from beheading immortal.

I chose Yang chen for multiple reasons, one being the author doesn't ham-fist everything like with stories like emperors domination, so the MC isn't pulling BS out his ass at every moment because the author wants his MC to piss off everyone and fight he whole world at lvl one with lvl 1 stats.

another reason i chose Yang chen was because all his ability comes from himself, he doesn't have some uber item or some mega uncle or some ultra plot device that protects him when he's about to die. everything he has is because of his own effort and ability.

there are others who i feel come close but they all either lack ability to be truly considered OP (like with TTNH) or they're just a little too suicidal for me to vote for (SoTR, MC's actually pretty cool but he gets in too deep before he can swim. not an air-craft carrier amount of plot armor but still too much for him to be a contender)
  • that guy cosplaying saitama did well with the costume but his facial expressions need work. total give away that that's not saitama.
  • In terms of feats and how the Power scaling works in DE, Ji Ning comes off as more powerful than Qin Yu and Linley to me, despite there status at the end of their books.

Well, I guess that's the complications that come with comparing different series with different laws.
  • Saitam is not even close to Goku. wtf ppl  
  • Aliuss said:
    Saitam is not even close to Goku. wtf ppl  
    Nah.....
    Saitama is way to much for goku to handle.

You got brainwashed by media to think goku is strongest...

Nope..... Not even close
  • Aliuss said:
    Saitam is not even close to Goku. wtf ppl  
    Saitama is supposed to be invincible in his universe, Goku is not. This topic is not about Saitama vs Goku btw lol.
  • DMRDMR
    edited November 2016
    For Chinese novels, I'd say Yun Che would be most OP.

He's fighting people several realms above his own, and each realm has like 10 levels.

IET's characters grow fast, and they do get strong, but they all follow the leveling system of their world, and if you actually consider their levels compared to others, they ain't that OP.

Linley as an example. As a god, he beat a high-god, but that was cause of his mastery in the law fusions and innate abilities. And in CD world, cultivation has 3 parts, from body (his was stronger than normal), law's understanding/fusing, and actual rank.

Linley had an advantage in 2 areas compared to most high-gods, so he was technically just following his level, it's just that the physical body and laws can't be sensed.

And IET's other works are pretty similar (though DE actually does show the level of the body).

ISSTH actually had Meng Hao beat people of higher levels but even then, it isn't as exaggerated as Yun Che who at the Emperor Profound realm had power/body/speed was equal to Sovereign.

He jumps levels way too much to the point that it makes no sense to everyone.

Emperor Profound seems to be the average elite on the continent while Sovereign is the peak. Yun Che, at the average level is able to match those at the peak....

And I'd give 2nd place to Tang San from Douluo Dalu cause his Spirit Ring's broke logic and he was able to fight Spirit Douluo while only at level 60 and at level 70, while an elite, he had the ability to at least fight Title Douluo when normally, it should be a curb-stomping battle between them.
  • edited November 2016
    DMR said:
    For Chinese novels, I'd say Yun Che would be most OP.

He's fighting people several realms above his own, and each realm has like 10 levels.

IET's characters grow fast, and they do get strong, but they all follow the leveling system of their world, and if you actually consider their levels compared to others, they ain't that OP.

Linley as an example. As a god, he beat a high-god, but that was cause of his mastery in the law fusions and innate abilities. And in CD world, cultivation has 3 parts, from body (his was stronger than normal), law's understanding/fusing, and actual rank.

Linley had an advantage in 2 areas compared to most high-gods, so he was technically just following his level, it's just that the physical body and laws can't be sensed.

And IET's other works are pretty similar (though DE actually does show the level of the body).

ISSTH actually had Meng Hao beat people of higher levels but even then, it isn't as exaggerated as Yun Che who at the Emperor Profound realm had power/body/speed was equal to Sovereign.

He jumps levels way too much to the point that it makes no sense to everyone.

Emperor Profound seems to be the average elite on the continent while Sovereign is the peak. Yun Che, at the average level is able to match those at the peak....

And I'd give 2nd place to Tang San from Douluo Dalu cause his Spirit Ring's broke logic and he was able to fight Spirit Douluo while only at level 60 and at level 70, while an elite, he had the ability to at least fight Title Douluo when normally, it should be a curb-stomping battle between them.

Naa you are wrong.

The MC's are just OP in their universe laws. How about we keep it like this so no one gets pissed in the end.

All the MC are the strongest and they can't lose to others and can't beat them.

Except Saitama, since he can One Punch anything,

By my side,
    Or in my FUCKING WAY!
          Choose wisely....
  • edited November 2016
    Li Qi Ye
    nuff said
    there world casual 3-5th level/17 levels
    would utterly crush whole other wuxia verses.

And mc at level 0 as a mortal  crushed level 3-11 or something to death.
    He pretty much crushes everything to death whether the gap is 1 level or 17 levels
    1800+ chaps and he still hasnt give a flying fuck about anyone and destroyed everything is way without single defeat.

There worlds are insanely big
    considering on a single world distance between two kingdoms is few billion - TRILLION li [0.5 km] within the same territory.
    And each world has 4-5 territories with even wider gap

There normal arts have coverage of few hundred thousand million li area.
    They destroy stars and galaxy on daily basis, A single Fire law has shown to have 100+ suns alone, They use galaxy as throwing crap literally.

Im pretty damn sure a normal cultivator from there would bitchslap all other wuxia verses geniuses to death.

Lol saitama  here,  a level 1-3 from ED could pinch him to death .
  • edited November 2016
    @viole1369

i can see that you like xianxia a lot. but that doesn't mean that other genre's are that weak. if we just go with what we currently know about saitama (and not count the fact that he's more invincible than superman), saitama has shown abilities that match up with at least mid level shangxian(spelling?) and that's not even him pushing himself. hell, he table flipped and ENTIRE MOUNTAIN!!!! not only that but he threw it so high that he was able to battle garou for an unspecified time in the air. oh and don't forget that he was just casually doing it. he wasn't pushing himself.

so to say that saitama can be pinched to death by people that weak. it'd be more like he's the one pinching them to death.

oh and just to remind people, saitama's character is a parody of the strongest characters. he is basically designed to be unbeatable from the start. this means that he is the most OP of characters. of course xianxia gets crazy with their endgame so that's why i don't bother with characters outside it. it's also surprising that people named saitama (probably as a joke) and goku as well (fanboys continuing the fight of sai vs goku) but nobody has touched the US heroes like superman, hulk, thor, ect.

and as for Li Qiye, i put him on the same level as Yun Che, in other words plot armor's the only thing that keeps him alive rather than his own ability. and sure he's OP but that's only because the author has to hyper-scale him to keep up with his suicide attempts. (not to say the story's bad, the fact that the author manages to put all that bullshit together without massive plot-holes is a talent itself.)

• lol
    saitama > Superman

Just shows your knowledge and fanboi wanking of OPM
    Peak Superman versions are only below Omnipotents and at levels of Multiple Universe tier destruction level

Saitama fuckin highest feat isnt even  beyond planet level yet
    And no based on its parody = Wanking and fanboying over a character , if parody = strongest , Saitama should get in a line because few dozens parody char exist that basically never lose in their verses.
    If you compare to verses characters, You do it based on CURRENT FEATS not bullshit of but muh saitama is parody char, he cant be beaten
    if that's your argument, Don;t even waste my time by tagging me.

Plot armor for li qi ye? Not own ability? I take it you haven't read ED till date or you were smoking something. Considering MC is having unmatched abilities in series without comparison .

As to why causal ED verse can pinch saitama to death
    Earth Diameter - 12,742 km aka 20~ Thousand Li.

Casual fuckin mountain in ED is bigger then that and their cultivators laws continuously shit out stars and suns and even galaxies , which are far more then anything even shown in whole OPM verse.
    I like xianxia sure, And I have read 400+ Manga's , I know how fights work.

Next time want to argue about saitama, bring facts not baseless crap about parody
  • viole1369 said:
    lol
    saitama > Superman

Peak Superman versions are only below Omnipotents and at levels of Multiple Universe tier destruction level

And no based on its parody = Wanking and fanboying over a character , if parody = strongest , Saitama should get in a line because few dozens parody char exist that basically never lose in their verses.
    If you compare to verses characters, You do it based on CURRENT FEATS not bullshit of but muh saitama is parody char, he cant be beaten

Plot armor for li qi ye? Not own ability? I take it you haven't read ED till date or you were smoking something. Considering MC is having unmatched abilities in series without comparison .

Casual fuckin mountain in ED is bigger then that and their cultivators laws continuously shit out stars and suns and even galaxies , which are far more then anything even shown in whole OPM verse.

Next time want to argue about saitama, bring facts not baseless crap about parody
    No no no. You don't get it. Saitama is One Punch Man. It doesn't matter if he is up against liqiye or any other MC of a novel. Saitama can One Punch anything and thats all there is to it. No facts needed. It doesn't matter if it's parody or not. Heck, arguing about pinching Saitama is just aids. Sure go ahead and put your facts out because in the end it's useless when you try to compare it with Saitama. Also you don't have any idea how fights work. Why? Here let me try to explain it to your sorry ass by using your own remarks against you.
    How do I put this? You are saying this becasue of the way liqiye is portrayed and how the universe is portrayed in DE. Thats it. I mean DE is supposedly gigantic and that is why you think liqiye can pinch Saitama. And the way Saitama is portrayed is in fact that he can One Punch anything. 

Next time you want to argue about Saitama, think thrice before you start, not crap about how big ED is or cultivators shitting out stars and suns and even galaxies. 

Now I respect you for reading 400+ manga's
    By my side,
    Or in my FUCKING WAY!
          Choose wisely....
  • viole1369 said:
    lol
    saitama > Superman

wow. i didn't realize you're level of fanboy-ism was so high that you have to spend so much time insulting me that it seems you even forgot my first paragraph, or possibly didn't even read it.

just so you know the first 3 levels of ED are nothing. and no i'm not talking about the titles such as royal or enlightened being ect. i'm talking about the yun blah blah and the others that the MC skipped over at hyper-speed even though he's supposed to be going slow because of his bad talent. (but that's another issue so not part of this)

now back to my other post and my first paragraph. you said i didn't use current events, but i did. i used 'ONE's version. and in his, saitama table-flips a mountain. I REPEAT, TABLE-FLIPS A MOUNTAIN!!!! now i'm not gonna claim to be an expert in the xianxia, but i don't think i've read a xianxia yet where at only the 3rd rank/level/phase, that non-MC's have that kind of power.

as for comparing world sizes. i more or less completely ignore that bullshit, not even the author's realize what they are writing when that go on about that. using world sizes to determine who's stronger? planet/world/plan size doesn't matter.

anyway's i wasn't trying to start a fight, i just thought that you were undervaluing saitama too much. i'm not gonna say he can kick Li Qiye's ass. but i do know that other than the MC who's on 'god mode' with hacked stats, saitama can do some damage in the ED world.

also i don't know why you felt you had to be such an ass. i don't know what i said you make you feel offended that you had to act that way but i know nothing i wrote merited you're bullshit rant.

• Azureus said:
    Who do you guys think is the most OP MC of all time? From 10+ novels I've read so far, Li Qi Ye from Emperor's Domination stands on top, on my list. Yun Che from ATG would be 2nd and maybe Jiang Chen from Dragon Marked War God would be 3rd...

I agree to you! Yun che and Jiang Chen .. Are to OP. But it well explained 
  • opils said:
    No no no. You don't get it. Saitama is One Punch Man. It doesn't matter if he is up against liqiye or any other MC of a novel. Saitama can One Punch anything and thats all there is to it. No facts needed. It doesn't matter if it's parody or not. Heck, arguing about pinching Saitama is just aids. Sure go ahead and put your facts out because in the end it's useless when you try to compare it with Saitama. Also you don't have any idea how fights work. Why? Here let me try to explain it to your sorry ass by using your own remarks against you.
    How do I put this? You are saying this becasue of the way liqiye is portrayed and how the universe is portrayed in DE. Thats it. I mean DE is supposedly gigantic and that is why you think liqiye can pinch Saitama. And the way Saitama is portrayed is in fact that he can One Punch anything. 

Next time you want to argue about Saitama, think thrice before you start, not crap about how big ED is or cultivators shitting out stars and suns and even galaxies. 

Now I respect you for reading 400+ manga's
    *cough* he didn't 'one punch' Boros and Garou so that title becomes irrelevant the moment he fail to do so.

And let me ask you this. Can Saitama one punch the author? Yes this is a serious question, because in the end, he's still only a fictional character. There's a series where at the end it's revealed that the entire world and its massive cosmology (earth is only the lowest realm) is only one of the many stories that's written by the creator. The antagonist was spouting of how she's now the one who rules all but then the creator comes and basically says "lol no" and she erases her from the story which results in her entire existence gone.

Hell, one of the character in that series has the power to determine whether or not something is bullshit fiction. If he thinks that the ability to fly is fiction, then nobody can fly. If he calls bullshit on your power, then you can't use your power. If he says that your head is fiction, then you lose your head.
    He can just say that the universe that Saitama is living in is fiction, then the universe will be gone. Saitama will be a drifting piece of dust inside an endless emptiness where he can't do anything other than becoming his plaything; sealed the entire space inside a jar, put it on his shelf amongst many of his other collections, and proceed to troll other people just like another sunday.
    You're saying as if Saitama doesn't have any weakness, aside from his strength, he's pretty oblivious most of the time and have only face opponent with physical form. What if his opponent is someone that doesn't even exist in the physical realm and he can't even see him? What can he punch then? And when he's alone inside an endless empty space after his universe is gone like the one I describe above, what can he punch then?
  • I have already made my point clear so I'm not going to bother writing more.... :/
    By my side,
    Or in my FUCKING WAY!
          Choose wisely....
  • I say the elusive master of Saitama is the most OP.
    Let's be honest. The training regimen of Saitama at most will give a human impressive skill, but not One Punch level.
    There must be an elusive master.
    SO elusive.
    He is there without us realizing it.
    OmegaAlphaTau
    Creator of the GOTA adventure series