Deathblade's mini spoiler thread #2

Comments

• Yvona said:
    I noticed that the number 9 keeps appearing so much in the story.  Ninth legacy, ninth demon sealer, nine mountains, nine seas, nine eras.  Is there something significant about the number nine?  Or is it the same as 33 days and just a random thing Er Gen decided to use?
    Many numbers have significance in Chinese culture. Check out this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Numbers_in_Chinese_culture#Nine

• demonlord said:
    Di*k move DB. What's his rank in the 9th trial?
    Do you really think that calling me a dick is the best way to get me to answer your question?
  • demonlord said:
    Do you really think that calling me a dick is the best way to get me to answer your question?
    i think please shud work..it worked for me everytime :)
  • taken from the link https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Numbers_in_Chinese_culture#Nine- the number 9 is a homophone of the word for "long lasting" (久)...is this the reason for its usage, as in it signifies part of immortality?
  • demonlord said:
    Well, he's a demonlord, maybe it's a compliment to be called a "dick" where he's from?

anyway, it's anatomically correct isn't he? U can't possibly be a c*nt can you, otherwise how do you explain the existence of BabyDB?? :smiley: 
  • demonlord said:
    Hahahaha. No offence meant. I apologize.
  • I am just quenching my curiosity, but why did you choose "Allheaven"?  As oppose to Onmiheaven; Encompassing Heaven;  Complete Heaven; Perfect Heaven; Broad Heaven; Absolute Heaven; World Heaven; Endless Heaven; Full Heaven; etc.
  • Yvona said:
    I am just quenching my curiosity, but why did you choose "Allheaven"?  As oppose to Onmiheaven; Encompassing Heaven;  Complete Heaven; Perfect Heaven; Broad Heaven; Absolute Heaven; World Heaven; Endless Heaven; Full Heaven; etc.
    For ease of translation, as I kind of explained in the footnote. I wanted to avoid a two-word translation. It's the Heaven that covers "all" of the other heavens. So... Allheaven.
  • How does MH ignite & extinguish the soul lamps? Will they remain being so after or he can turn them on and off?

• rexdaevid said:

How does MH ignite & extinguish the soul lamps? Will they remain being so after or he can turn them on and off?

it doesn't get into that in the coming chapters
  • edited November 2016
    1. In the recent chapter 1082, the old man in first golden gate stele mentions that he has slayed 92 gods. From his speech, I can confirm that according to him immortals are qualitatively better than gods. Is there a reason for that? If yes then which occupies the pinnacle of power in ISSTH, Renegade Immortal and other shared universes of Er Gen.
    2 .What happened to Wang Lin? Isn't he a god who is absurdly powerful? Why is there no mention of him in the series?
    3. Did Wang Lin participate in the Ancient War which destroyed immortal realm? At any point in the story, does he take any side of the two parties which participated in the war? OR he remains neutral? Or he doesn't care? Or he is on the immortal realm side?
  • 1. In the recent chapter 1082, the old man in first golden gate stele mentions that he has slayed 92 gods. From his speech, I can confirm that according to him immortals are qualitatively better than gods. Is there a reason for that? If yes then which occupies the pinnacle of power in ISSTH, Renegade Immortal and other shared universes of Er Gen.
    2 .What happened to Wang Lin? Isn't he a god who is absurdly powerful? Why is there no mention of him in the series?
    3. Did Wang Lin participate in the Ancient War which destroyed immortal realm?
    1. In previous books, there have been different paths of cultivation, Immortal, Demon, Devil, etc. I don't think any of them have been declared superior in the previous books, although I haven't read them so can't say for sure.
    2 and 3. These questions go beyond the scope of this thread. There is no information about that in the coming chapters. This book isn't intended to be a sequel to Renegade Immortal, so Wang Lin wouldn't be expected to make a direct appearance. However, if you wanted to speculate that the statue depicted with the white hair was him, you could further speculate that the young man described as looking exactly like the statue could be his clone.

• Is there going to be a fight between the echelons within the next 10 days? Also will that lady that plays Go appear anytime soon as well? 
  • Is there going to be a fight between the echelons within the next 10 days? Also will that lady that plays Go appear anytime soon as well? 
    by 10 days do you mean 10 days in real life, or in the story? In any case, yeah, the fighting between Echelon people happens pretty soon, and yeah the Go-playing girl does make an appearance pretty soon, although nothing to major in the next few chapters

by 10 days do you mean 10 days in real life, or in the story? In any case, yeah, the fighting between Echelon people happens pretty soon, and yeah the Go-playing girl does make an appearance pretty soon, although nothing to major in the next few chapters

Yeah sorry about that I was still half a sleep when I posted it this morning, what I meant was 10 chapters not days and Thanks for the info.
  • What are the difference in power between Meng Hao and the others in Echelon? Did he surprise some of them due to his recent power-up?
  • mxyzplk said:
    What are the difference in power between Meng Hao and the others in Echelon? Did he surprise some of them due to his recent power-up?
    yes, he's powered up enough to actually be right at home. if you want more specifics let me know.

• will lord fifth's formation once again appear? 
  • jonnycon said:
    will lord fifth's formation once again appear? 
    he has a new formation that appears pretty soon

• Hi Deathblade, before absorbing the 2nd and 3rd nirvana fruit. How powerful is Meng Hao relative to the other Echelon members. And after absorbing the 2nd and 3rd, is there someone in the Echelon more powerful than him?

P.S. How to add a spoiler tag? Sorry noob here.
  • Does Meng Hao fuse his next 2 nirvana fruit in this arc? I know he uses a world to do it, not sure if it is this one?
    Also to use spoilers [ spoiler] Text [ /spoiler] no spaces in the brackets thou
  • Hi Deathblade, before absorbing the 2nd and 3rd nirvana fruit. How powerful is Meng Hao relative to the other Echelon members. And after absorbing the 2nd and 3rd, is there someone in the Echelon more powerful than him?

P.S. How to add a spoiler tag? Sorry noob here.
    the details are kind of getting muddled in my mind. if i recall correctly, he's strong enough without any powerup to kill a few of them right off the bat. the other stuff you're asking about doesn't happen in the next few chapters

• Viha said:
    Does Meng Hao fuse his next 2 nirvana fruit in this arc? I know he uses a world to do it, not sure if it is this one?
    Also to use spoilers [ spoiler] Text [ /spoiler] no spaces in the brackets thou
    it's not in the next few chapters

• Can you tell me how strong he is after he absorbs his second and third nirvana fruit respectively?
  • ogindra said:
    Can you tell me how strong he is after he absorbs his second and third nirvana fruit respectively?
    for the next several chapters all he does is temporarily absorb the second. it puts him at the top of the echelon
  • Does Xue'er catch up to Meng Hao anytime soon? If so, what is her impression of Meng Hao after their first meet and greet?
  • Does Xue'er catch up to Meng Hao anytime soon? If so, what is her impression of Meng Hao after their first meet and greet?
    no it doesn't happen in the next handful of chapters

• It isn't brought up in the coming chapters that I recall. It could very well be a forgotten point, or maybe some other explanation. Sometimes there are random sentences that explain things like this, and it could be that there is one in the coming chapters and I just forgot about it. Although people talk about "Er Gen doesn't forget things," he actually does, and also makes a lot of mistakes. This could be one of them.
    Thanks for the info!
  • edited November 2016
    Hey DB, with the recent translation, I got curious on what does Lord Fifth look like? it says few feathers. Is he close on becoming like this

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-QcLMuPfTpLA/Vjh2rMqoIwI/AAAAAAAABh8/tEKK_MjIyas/s1600/kakaktua.jpg
  • rexdaevid said:
    Hey DB, with the recent translation, I got curious on what does Lord Fifth look like? it says few feathers. Is he close on becoming like this

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-QcLMuPfTpLA/Vjh2rMqoIwI/AAAAAAAABh8/tEKK_MjIyas/s1600/kakaktua.jpg
    Hahaha. In my intial reading, I didn't look too close and thought it said that he lost all of his feathers. Turned out not to be the case.
This discussion has been closed.