Ask Anything (Granddaddy Spoiler Thread)

Comments

• edited November 2016
    Prady said:
    akachunu said:

I know it is a poor comparison, but readers who read translations and not raws, for them that lightning is just to act as a buffer for CF's power boost. It was a common happening on MGA forum or on reddit, where many ppl bitched talked abt it downplaying MGA.

That was a poor example, ik, sry ...

Spoiler:
    But still at the end u do agree with my point of view abt the league. It does exist for MH and MH only
    I don't know what's bad about that. For a thing being only for him makes it more easier for us to accept him acquiring of those fortunes. Chu feng has the same power lightning as everyone else and is nothing special. The author just says he has good aptitude and CF receives fortune which to be honest was not interesting for me. Where as we have seen many unpredictable decisions made by MH. MH is also smart. So many of his fortunes can be justifiable. By the way I read xianxia because of the OP protagonists. If you include that with craftiness, it makes it more fun. Otherwise we can always read Ludlum or Sheldon
    lol idk what you're talking about, meng hao is easily down there with the worst mc's in any story. issth is only good because of the story and it's non chalantness 

Well I don't know how bad he is at the later volumes but till the translations he is the best I have read from all other xianxia in wuxiaworld. Lol I hope that you don't include Chu feng or yun che in your best.

• edited November 2016
    Putting life force into a poisoned body is like pumping more water into a leaky pipe , even though the water runs as long as the leak isn't fixed the pipe doesnt work the best it could.
    Comparison is good, but a bit off because they are life organisms with immune system, not some kind of object that nothing resists the leak.

There were even few mentions in early books that there are cultivators (with demonic spells? like PRelience and shorty guy in black lands, iirc) that absorb cultivations to get more longevity AND breakthrough cultivation, though they needed loads of people.

So I would say that this would definitely worked out... if author, Er Gen, would wanted to be consistent instead of make drama.
    (your text clearly indicates that she would die)

• Putting life force into a poisoned body is like pumping more water into a leaky pipe , even though the water runs as long as the leak isn't fixed the pipe doesnt work the best it could.
    Comparison is good, but a bit off because they are life organisms with immune system, not some kind of object that nothing resists the leak.

There were even few mentions in early books that there are cultivators (with demonic spells? like PRelience and shorty guy in black lands, iirc) that absorb cultivations to get more longevity AND breakthrough cultivation, though they needed loads of people.

So I would say that this would definitely worked out... if author, Er Gen, would wanted to be consistent instead of make drama.
    (your text clearly indicates that she would die)

Spoiler:
    Her soul was taken away by a sect in 8M, that is when MH decide to go there ... For a month, she was living w/o a soul. iirc it should be discovered around late 1100's. Won't spoil too much for u, but there's even greater plot related to this.
  • Does MH ever wipe out  the Ninth Sea? When does he do it? How?
  • edited November 2016
    Pontifex said:
    Does MH ever wipe out  the Ninth Sea? When does he do it? How?
    No

Edit: Actually yes, he killed the 9th sea queen and replaced her with meng hao's water spirit friend. Forgot which chapter it is though.

I thought you mean if meng hao will destroy the 9th mountain and sea. :)
  • Pontifex said:
    No
    Spoiler:
    Didn't he send 9S to that fire or whatever it is?
  • rollsroyce45 said:

Actually yes, he killed the 9th sea queen and replaced her with meng hao's water spirit friend. Forgot which chapter it is though.

I thought you mean if meng hao will destroy the 9th mountain and sea. :)
    Oh ok thanks. Which chapter does it happen?
  • edited November 2016
    Pontifex said:
    rollsroyce45 said:

Actually yes, he killed the 9th sea queen and replaced her with meng hao's water spirit friend. Forgot which chapter it is though.

I thought you mean if meng hao will destroy the 9th mountain and sea.
    Oh ok thanks. Which chapter does it happen?
    Spoiler:
    According to mtl, Chapter 1554 is where he killed the 9S Queen.
  • Spoiler:
    Her soul was taken away by a sect in 8M, that is when MH decide to go there ... For a month, she was living w/o a soul. iirc it should be discovered around late 1100's. Won't spoil too much for u, but there's even greater plot related to this.
    thanks!
  • HAHAHAHAHAHAH cute thread make me smile when i read the title.
  • When does Meng Hao fight with an echelon member?
  • Pontifex said:
    Major spoilers ahead

During the critical moment of the war with aliens, when all the mountains and seas except for 9th MS are destroyed, 9th Sea surrenders to aliens and voluntarily goes to aliens side, therefore all whole 9MS get destroyed and 9th Sea blames MH for her betrayal. From then 9th Sea continues living in 33days/with aliens. 

When MH is strong enough to the point of omnipotence, he comes back for revenge and slaughters aliens all the way from 33rd day to 1st day. Breaks their bones one by one, skins them alive, etc. 

IIRC, on 7th or 8th day he finds 9th Sea. 9th Sea still blames MH for her betrayal and says that she wouldn't have betrayed 9MS if he had not vowed to eradicate 9th Sea. MH kills her and puts her soul in a fiery hell where she'll burn for eternity along with all the aliens' souls.

After that MH re-creates 9MS better and stronger with 9th MS being the strongest and assigns Guidying Tri-Rain as the new 9th Sea.

• Which chapter and how is MH recognized as Lord of 9M&S? As Lord of the whole M&S Realm?
  • Who gets the essense of the divine flame from the trial of fire in the underground Dao lake? Does Meng Hao ever go back to complete level 3?
  • edited November 2016

• who eventually get the essense of the divine flame from the trial of fire in the Dao lake underground?
  • @Mcloving ;
    He eventually gets a piece of it before leaving for the Fang Clan. It is also his final meridian.
  • Viha said:
    @Mcloving ;
    He eventually gets a piece of it before leaving for the Fang Clan. It is also his final meridian.
    he is talking abt essence flame from nine sea god  world trial of fire
  • hey.. can anyone tell me what chapter Meng Hao finish absorb his 4th nirvana fruit?
  • According to the MTLs the sun is Jiu Fengs bow but Deathblade has translated it as a sword, anyone know which one it is? as in the MTLs it says that Meng Hao shoots arrows with a bow
  • According to the MTLs the sun is Jiu Fengs bow but Deathblade has translated it as a sword, anyone know which one it is? as in the MTLs it says that Meng Hao shoots arrows with a bow
    I was about to say DB translated it as a Bow but when I checked back to the chapter, it was now translated as a sword. So DB changed it. You can ask him directly but I don't really trust MTL and DB is a very professional translator so I trust his translations. 
  • kr33d said:
    Viha said:
    @Mcloving ;
    he is talking abt essence flame from nine sea god  world trial of fire
    http://www.wuxiaworld.com/issth-index/issth-book-6-chapter-886/ and http://www.wuxiaworld.com/issth-index/issth-book-6-chapter-887/ is about the essense flame in the dao lakes trial of fire
  • Hey guys, after breaking through to Ancient Realm, does Meng hao become strong enough to battle quas-dao realm opponents or is he still short of that? Also, does he have to use his 2nd nirvana fruit to battle before he absorbs it permanently?
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth" - Sherlock Holmes
  • aashish said:
    Hey guys, after breaking through to Ancient Realm, does Meng hao become strong enough to battle quas-dao realm opponents or is he still short of that? Also, does he have to use his 2nd nirvana fruit to battle before he absorbs it permanently?
    Spoiler:
    Lol what are u saying? He can pretty much own 2 essence dao even before absorbing 4th fruit. As mentioned in translated chapters, he has his ancient realm cultivation tribulation sometime after absorbing 4th fruit. With other boosts as well, he can stay alive even when fighting against 5th essence after the tribulation. After putting out 2-4 lamps(dun remember) he kills a 5 essence who is also a mountain lord, and
    Spoiler:
    an alien.
    Spoiler:
    If u r reading MTL, then i suggest u stop right there. Its better to wait for translations as to not lay waste to this novel ...
  • hey guys. again. can anyone tell me what chapter or when MH absorbed his 4th nirvana fruit??  thanks.
  • Actually, I only read DB's translations. Somebody spoiled earlier saying he gets to Ancient Realm at 1080 that's why I asked
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth" - Sherlock Holmes
  • aashish said:
    Actually, I only read DB's translations. Somebody spoiled earlier saying he gets to Ancient Realm at 1080 that's why I asked
    I think that's only for his body.  Ancient Realm in CULTIVATION BASE happens later than chapter 1080.  Only reason I know this is because I got antsy after Chu-Yuyan got poisoned and I wanted to know what happened so I read the MTL.  Chapter 1080 is also around when he heads off to the Wind Swept Plane as well.
  • edited November 2016
    aashish said:
    Hey guys, after breaking through to Ancient Realm, does Meng hao become strong enough to battle quas-dao realm opponents or is he still short of that? Also, does he have to use his 2nd nirvana fruit to battle before he absorbs it permanently?
    When he breaks through to ancient realm (in ki refining), he can fight with Dao Senior lvl 5.
  • Can anyone please tell me if he ever uses his fathers sword technique again, and which chapter if you remember, but mostly just if he uses it again.
  • Pandryl said:
    Can anyone please tell me if he ever uses his fathers sword technique again, and which chapter if you remember, but mostly just if he uses it again.
    I don't remember him using his father's sword arts ever again, especially after reaching 9th Sea god world.