Martial World

Comments

• he gets a OP furnace/pot/cauldron and the dragon root by being sneaky and messing with the ancient arrays while those old fogies are busy fighting each other somewhere else. 
  • vex said:
    he gets a OP furnace/pot/cauldron and the dragon root by being sneaky and messing with the ancient arrays while those old fogies are busy fighting each other somewhere else. 
    In how many chapters does this happen?
  • 10-15 iirc. 
  • edited October 2016
    Can someone give further detail on the uses of the cauldron? They said it's the best treasure, but it basically just makes super good pills right? What kinds of pills does LM make with it?
  • Can someone explain to me why LM sometimes is a real pansy and sometimes not? And also if this goes on for the entire novel?
    First thing is after he returned from the phoenix realem etc it became clear that the great elders grandson was responsible for the letters never going trough (the one that asked for help for his "girlfriend")and the great  elder interfered everywhere. LM destroyed the Acacia faction but did not let the phoenix sect gut the great elder and his grandson. Why? He has phoenix bloodline and is so practically speaking their superior and somehow he got the training manual etc. He should have just said you can have the training manual etc to practice but gut the asshole who Infights. What other reason should they have to help the grand elder if these conditions would have been out?
    Also later the fact that he did not wipe out the guys who forced the Phoenix disciples into relationships is just as stupid. Even if others would have been like "how can he something like that" who cares even if he can't silence the others now in 5 y he can so this is all bs lol.
  • edited October 2016
    I'm in agreement with you Noob, but for the sake of the other side, I'm assuming that the grand elder and his son had too much influence within the sect. I think it was stated later that the grand elder wasn't allowed to look at the manual, which is pretty severe in their minds. Harming the elder would have also hurt the overall power of DPI, which they don't want (although clearly it backfired evidently from the current arc).

For the second part, yeah I'm still confused/angry he didn't just outright destroy the whole sect. Idek what to say for not destroying it. LM had the power and influence to do so.
  • Taryn said:
    I'm in agreement with you Noob, but for the sake of the other side, I'm assuming that the grand elder and his son had too much influence within the sect. I think it was stated later that the grand elder wasn't allowed to look at the manual, which is pretty severe in their minds. Harming the elder would have also hurt the overall power of DPI, which they don't want (although clearly it backfired evidently from the current arc).

For the second part, yeah I'm still confused/angry he didn't just outright destroy the whole sect. Idek what to say for not destroying it. LM had the power and influence to do so.
    Well your argumentation sounds solid but still.

If we add everything up we have in favor of doing whatever LM says:
    +emperor talent 
    +only person with real phoenix bloodline 
    +the one who brought back the training manual 
    +only person with real chance to go to the even higher level trial and bring even more benefits with him
    +martial heart that won't let him deceive them and also repaying debts
    Well and negative about him for them would be
    -not yet really powerful only talent 
    -does not have their last name

While for the big elder third elder and his grandson it is like
    +have the same last name (connections vitamin b etc)
    +2 are in like revolving core (i do not remember where exactly)    (even tough losing them won't automatically lose the whole war so well)
    -no real chance for even a saint talent 
    -no real contribution on the level of manual
    -shitty character they Infight even in the state of crisis, the grandson burned the letters

They should get real. The sect i mean.

Does anyone have any + or - I forgot?
  • to be honest, the most importent thing is that he was to weak.
    The talent may be incredible but his total strengh was too little so it didnt matter.
    and he coudnt make the other elders turn on him case the great elder has been prat of the sect for much much longer
  • edited October 2016
    karoman said:
    to be honest, the most importent thing is that he was to weak.
    The talent may be incredible but his total strengh was too little so it didnt matter.
    and he coudnt make the other elders turn on him case the great elder has been prat of the sect for much much longer
    He could totally turn them on him.
    I am not even talking about the great elder here but lets say only just the letter burning asshole.

LM says:
    He has a vile character burned the letters -> is even kinda responsible for the 10 drops of blood essence to be used since he was the root of this problem. He is obsesses with MQ and after LM says he does not want them to marry his obsession would let him turn against LM since he does not have the bloodline and contract does not protect him against infighting.

Also fuck how long someone is member.
    Name any member of the clan that has done more for the clan than LM with him bringing back Vol1-8 of the cultivation method other than the founder? 

p.s. He also can just stay kill him or i destroy the jade slip, kill me afterwards if you like but to what price? Do you want to lose a super talent and your cultivation method or some medicore scumbag who has the same last name?
  • LM had a higher reward/contribution(?) than the founder, so he should have held a lot of weight. idk really.

What's the arc after the current one?
  • after this is probably the "run/hide away from the world for awhile because the stuff you got was too good for your current power level" arc
  • Can someone list all the names of the cultivation stages or were they stated in the thread before?
  • edited October 2016
    CKtalon said:

The levels

Lin Ming focuses on two of the three available routes.

精 - Essence (Basically the physical aspects of a warrior's body)

气 - Qi (The energy of the warrior's body)

神 -  Spirit (The soul of the warrior's body)

Lin Ming focuses on Essence and Qi.

Essence is split into a few stages, 练力期、练肉期、练脏期、易筋期、锻骨期、凝脉期、淬髓期、八门遁甲、道宫九星

Currently Lin Ming (up to the translated chapters) is in the body strengthening stages.

1. Strength Training Stage
    2. Muscle Training Stage
    3. Organs Training Stage
    4. Tendon Stage
    5. Bone Tempering Stage
    6. Meridians Stage
    7. Marrow Quenching Stage
    8. Eight Gates Released Formation (Each Gate has a name..)
    9. Nine Stars of the Dao Palace (Each Star has a name...)

Typically, humans would stop once they reach the 7th stage and focus on the Qi aspect, which allows them to use energy from the Heaven Earth Yuan Qi, etc. So the Qi levels after that moves on to 后天期、先天期、旋丹期 、命陨期、神海期、神变期、神君期、圣主、界王、天尊、真神、超越真神

1. Late Heaven
    2. Early Heaven
    3. Revolving Dan (tian),
    4. Life Destruction (9 grades at best)
    5. Divine Sea
    6. Divine Change
    7. Divine King
    8. Sacred Master
    9. World King
    10. Heavenly Master
    11. Real God
    12. Beyond Real God

• does lin ming break through to xiantian soon and in his tempering marrow?
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth" - Sherlock Holmes
  • edited October 2016
    aashish said:
    does lin ming break through to xiantian soon and in his tempering marrow?

He breaks into Xiantian and completes tempering marrow in next 3-4 chapters when he finishes absorbing the treasure he obtained.
  • so instantly able to kick ass of the life destruction dudes?
  • so instantly able to kick ass of the life destruction dudes?
    i doubt it... that would be too OP but well with their cultivation being restricted in that palace, its possible.
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth" - Sherlock Holmes
  • edited October 2016
    He could already kill 1st stages relatively easily (although that was with restrictions).
    I'm assuming Xiantian LM will be able to do the same to 1st and 2nd after the power up w/o the restrictions on his enemies.

• Which restricted 1st Life Stage person does LM beat?
  • vex said:
    Which restricted 1st Life Stage person does LM beat?
    He doesn't beat any Life Destruction in this arc. The furthest that he got was a Late Stage Revolving Core, which was the big elder traitor from Divine Phoenix Island.

Just gotta say, finally finished reading all the chapters of the novel after a whole month of binge reading. And it was all worth it. First completed long web novel series that i've read from start to finish, since Heavenly Star was only 500 or so chapters so it doesn't count.
  • Taryn said:
    CKtalon said:

The levels

Lin Ming focuses on two of the three available routes.

精 - Essence (Basically the physical aspects of a warrior's body)

气 - Qi (The energy of the warrior's body)

神 -  Spirit (The soul of the warrior's body)

Lin Ming focuses on Essence and Qi.

Essence is split into a few stages, 练力期、练肉期、练脏期、易筋期、锻骨期、凝脉期、淬髓期、八门遁甲、道宫九星

Currently Lin Ming (up to the translated chapters) is in the body strengthening stages.

1. Strength Training Stage
    2. Muscle Training Stage
    3. Organs Training Stage
    4. Tendon Stage
    5. Bone Tempering Stage
    6. Meridians Stage
    7. Marrow Quenching Stage
    8. Eight Gates Released Formation (Each Gate has a name..)
    9. Nine Stars of the Dao Palace (Each Star has a name...)

Typically, humans would stop once they reach the 7th stage and focus on the Qi aspect, which allows them to use energy from the Heaven Earth Yuan Qi, etc. So the Qi levels after that moves on to 后天期、先天期、旋丹期 、命陨期、神海期、神变期、神君期、圣主、界王、天尊、真神、超越真神

1. Late Heaven
    2. Early Heaven
    3. Revolving Dan (tian),
    4. Life Destruction (9 grades at best)
    5. Divine Sea
    6. Divine Transformation
    7. Divine King
    8. Saint Lord
    9. World King
    10. Great World King
    11. Heavenly Elder
    12. True God
    13. Beyond True God

Some corrections to the later stages since it was missing one.
  • edited October 2016
    NoobElite said:
    Can someone explain to me why LM sometimes is a real pansy and sometimes not? And also if this goes on for the entire novel?
    First thing is after he returned from the phoenix realem etc it became clear that the great elders grandson was responsible for the letters never going trough (the one that asked for help for his "girlfriend")and the great  elder interfered everywhere. LM destroyed the Acacia faction but did not let the phoenix sect gut the great elder and his grandson. Why? He has phoenix bloodline and is so practically speaking their superior and somehow he got the training manual etc. He should have just said you can have the training manual etc to practice but gut the asshole who Infights. What other reason should they have to help the grand elder if these conditions would have been out?
    Also later the fact that he did not wipe out the guys who forced the Phoenix disciples into relationships is just as stupid. Even if others would have been like "how can he something like that" who cares even if he can't silence the others now in 5 y he can so this is all bs lol.
    LM has his reasons for doing what he's been doing. In fact he becomes pretty ruthless in the following arcs and throughout the rest of the novel, as in killing off anyone who harbors any animosity towards him or anyone he cares about. At some point far off in the novel, he starts a giant slaughter in a trial in the Divine Realm and pretty much killed anyone who showed even a hint of killing intent, which he was able to sense since his soul strength is way stronger than theirs. In fact, 3 arcs from the currently translated one, he goes off to singlehandedly destroy one of the 4 Divine Kingdoms who are essentially the strongest countries in his current world after they sided with his enemy at the time. Granted, they've harbored some hatred and grudges against LM ever since he showed up in the 4 Divine Kingdoms because they want to steal the inheritance that he got from Demon Emperor. Oh and LM will also get to see an old "friend" who got dragged into the struggle since they were trying to find LM's whereabouts. Kind of sets a way for LM to sever the karma that he had with her and the Lin family before he went up to Divine Realm.

@ Taryn

He doesn't really make any pills with the cauldron that he got. The cauldron is a pseudo-saint ranked item which is the next tier after Heaven rank so he can't use it even if he wanted to with his current cultivation and he gets a better one right as he goes up to Divine Realm. As for whatever benefits he gets out of it, the Demon Emperor had a few leftover pills that he sealed inside the cauldron which LM uses to help break through a couple of the 8 Gate Hidden Armor. When he finally breaks through the 3rd seal that's when he gets the Demon Emperor armor that I mentioned one of the 4 Divine Kingdoms wanted to steal from him. Oh and he gets the dog spirit (Mo Guang) that he met in the recently translated chapter as a mentor of some sorts for the next couple arcs. He used to be the contract beast of the Demon Emperor and used to have Divine Transformation as his cultivation before being killed.
  • RynerLute said:
    NoobElite said:
    Can someone explain to me why LM sometimes is a real pansy and sometimes not? And also if this goes on for the entire novel?
    LM has his reasons for doing what he's been doing. In fact he becomes pretty ruthless in the following arcs and throughout the rest of the novel, as in killing off anyone who harbors any animosity towards him or anyone he cares about. At some point far off in the novel, he starts a giant slaughter in a trial in the Divine Realm and pretty much killed anyone who showed even a hint of killing intent, which he was able to sense since his soul strength is way stronger than theirs. In fact, 3 arcs from the currently translated one, he goes off to singlehandedly destroy one of the 4 Divine Kingdoms who are essentially the strongest countries in his current world after they sided with his enemy at the time. Granted, they've harbored some hatred and grudges against LM ever since he showed up in the 4 Divine Kingdoms because they want to steal the inheritance that he got from Demon Emperor. Oh and LM will also get to see an old "friend" who got dragged into the struggle since they were trying to find LM's whereabouts. Kind of sets a way for LM to sever the karma that he had with her and the Lin family before he went up to Divine Realm.

@ Taryn

He doesn't really make any pills with the cauldron that he got. The cauldron is a pseudo-saint ranked item which is the next tier after Heaven rank so he can't use it even if he wanted to with his current cultivation and he gets a better one right as he goes up to Divine Realm. As for whatever benefits he gets out of it, the Demon Emperor had a few leftover pills that he sealed inside the cauldron which LM uses to help break through a couple of the 8 Gate Hidden Armor. When he finally breaks through the 3rd seal that's when he gets the Demon Emperor armor that I mentioned one of the 4 Divine Kingdoms wanted to steal from him. Oh and he gets the dog spirit (Mo Guang) that he met in the recently translated chapter as a mentor of some sorts for the next couple arcs. He used to be the contract beast of the Demon Emperor and used to have Divine Transformation as his cultivation before being killed.
    You my friend answered exactly the thing I wanted to know. So he has the ability to learn not like some other MC. 
  • edited October 2016
    I finished this novel some months ago. While I did quite like it, the story started to bore me very much after 1700 chapters or so.

Three things I hated in this series very much were:

-The wives are just left left forgotten for the majority of the story.

-Way too much bullshit of people trying to steal others' secrets. Seriously, every single enemy Lin Ming encountered kept spouting bullshit of killing him and obtaining his secret till the time of their death. Hard work and talent? Nop, he must have some kind of heaven-defying treasure that'll make me a God if I kill him. Seriously, this gets way too ridiculous throughout the story, mainly because Lin Ming never actually gives any indication of having any super treasure.

-He never gets together with Mu Qianxue. Her interactions, developments and chemistry with Lin Ming were one of the best out of all the women he met.

All in all, in my opinion the best arc was by far the one he spent inside the Asura Road. Really liked his third waifu, Xiao Mo Xian.
    "A person only dies when they are forgotten" - Dr. Hiluluk
  • Ophis said:
    I finished this novel some months ago. While I did quite like it, the story started to bore me very much after 1700 chapters or so.

Three things I hated in this series very much were:

-The wives are just left left forgotten for the majority of the story.

-Way too much bullshit of people trying to steal others' secrets. Seriously, every single enemy Lin Ming encountered kept spouting bullshit of killing him and obtaining his secret till the time of their death. Hard work and talent? Nop, he must have some kind of heaven-defying treasure that'll make me a God if I kill him. Seriously, this gets way too ridiculous throughout the story, mainly because Lin Ming never actually gives any indication of having any super treasure.

-He never gets together with Mu Qianxue. Her interactions, developments and chemistry with Lin Ming were one of the best out of all the women he met.

All in all, in my opinion the best arc was by far the one he spent inside the Asura Road. Really liked his third waifu, Xiao Mo Xian.
    Yeah I think the ending kind of feels a little rushed tbh. He just closes up for thousands of years to prepare for the final battle and like the last 50 chapters was just about everyone else protecting him while he was training. Then all of a sudden he just comes out and boom wipes out all the enemies and takes out the last boss and that's it lol.

That's one of the things I find repetitive about this novel. For some reason nobody likes to believe that there's such a god-like talent like Lin Ming and just takes it as him having some kind of treasure or fortuitous encounter that gave him that kind of strength. Some even think that he must have some kind of super powerful backer/protector behind him when he's doing it all on his own.

I was expecting her to end up with Lin Ming too, especially since a lot of times during her arc, their interactions were mostly the same as with Lin Ming and Mu Qianyu which made me think that she'll prolly end up with him the same way she did after all the life and death situations they've been to. Even more so since several times through out that arc, Lin Ming and her have said to each other numerous times that they would be nothing without the other and that they consider each other very important in their lives. Granted that was probably a side effect of themselves needing each other to accomplish their respective goals, but they've grown to have real sentiments for each other. If Mu Qianxue did somehow end up with Lin Ming, she would probably be my favorite out of all the girls. Well at least she would be tied up there with Xiao Moxian since I really liked her too.

Another thing that I really hated is the forced relationship that he had with Saint Beautiful/Shei Meng. Not only was there no real interaction outside of the Asura Road trial or hints of any budding affection between the two of them after that, they never even really got to enjoy being together after that either. They were always awkward when they were together. And just when you'd think that there might be a future between the two of them after the final battle, nooo she just had to be sucked into the TMW universe at the last minute and never to be able to come back ever again. So somewhere out there in the TMW universe, she's just drifting along or in deep sleep waiting to be woken up like a sleeping beauty. Heck I even thought for a second there that the Great Empress in TMW might have been her since she also majors in Ice Principle. But then again, she was at the True God level before she got sucked in, so unless for some reason her cultivation got suppressed because she was in another universe or she just got too heavily injured and never recovered after coming out of the space travel, there's no way that is her. The only real good think that came out of their relationship is their daughter Jiu Er.
  • if he didn't end up with Qianxue, what happened to her? forgotten? author married her off to some random character later in the series?
  • edited October 2016
    if he didn't end up with Qianxue, what happened to her? forgotten? author married her off to some random character later in the series?
    Well the last screen time of hers was during the final battle where she helped divert the attacks of the 4 strongest lackeys of the Demon God while Lin Ming was closing up. After Lin Ming came out and wiped the floor with everyone, there was no other mention about her, so hers was kind of an open ending. Maybe she went back to finish rebuilding her Holy Land. Or maybe she went ahead and became the leader of the Ancient God Clan since they were basically leaderless. But there was no mention of her ever being in a relationship. 
  • twdtwd
    edited October 2016
    RynerLute said:

Another thing that I really hated is the forced relationship that he had with Saint Beautiful/Shei Meng. Not only was there no real interaction outside of the Asura Road trial or hints of any budding affection between the two of them after that, they never even really got to enjoy being together after that either. They were always awkward when they were together. And just when you'd think that there might be a future between the two of them after the final battle, nooo she just had to be sucked into the TMW universe at the last minute and never to be able to come back ever again. So somewhere out there in the TMW universe, she's just drifting along or in deep sleep waiting to be woken up like a sleeping beauty. Heck I even thought for a second there that the Great Empress in TMW might have been her since she also majors in Ice Principle. But then again, she was at the True God level before she got sucked in, so unless for some reason her cultivation got suppressed because she was in another universe or she just got too heavily injured and never recovered after coming out of the space travel, there's no way that is her. The only real good think that came out of their relationship is their daughter Jiu Er.
    Xiaoyu could be in the card right now, wonder if it's possible for Sheng Mei to also be in there.  Sheng Mei is probably chilling in some higher plane trying to get used to the rules of this universe.  My guess is Xiaoyu and Sheng Mei are somewhere together and will eventually come into the story when they go looking for the card.

At some point Lin Ming should get into TMW.  I'm not sure how much time he needs to get to this universe but it sounded like he needs many thousands of years to train himself up to the next level that would allow him to safely move to TMW's universe.  This author is big on rescuing damsels in distress so he'll probably pop in here at some point after Sheng Mei has entered the story and is in dire straits.

Unfortunately for Qianxue fans she's probably gonna be forgotten.  My guess is Jiu Er and Mo Xian enter the TMW universe with Lin Ming and everyone else is thrown out.  I wouldn't be surprised if his first 2 wives are dead by the time he comes let alone Qianxue.  Shit Jiu Er is probably the only definite one we'll see in TMW.  Of course the author could just say fuck it and not include anybody from MW and all this is nonsense.
  • His wives didn't attain immortality as well?
  • Taryn said:
    NoobElite said:
    SpaceMan said:
    NoobElite said:

Lacking proof does only work it both parties have the same amount of power.
    MC could probably go poof and burn the whole sect in one move without anybody having any chance to retaliate.
    So well everything MQ says is law in this situation point.

I mean he himself said that proof and laws are only relevant if both parties have the same amount of power did he not multiple times?
    True and other then the sovereign spitting out mouth full of blood because of MC's demands it all stinks of shit. The DPI sovereign did think that MC should restrain his actions not sure why maybe it was due to the rank of that specific sect. Might be because he still had to fight the south demon sea sovereign and this guy has the same strength as the south demon seas sovereign. MC still had no gotten power up to match south demon sea sovereign at that point. Leviathans is a big fat tank with one attack that takes time to build up. So the others could just run away only my personal thoughts tho.
    Ah god then again these fucking loose ends.
    He can just go:
    "Ok well it is like it is not like I can do anything about it.
    (But I am so going back to exterminate the whole sect in 6 months / when I am powerful enough for it so wash your necks)"

Come on he did remember every little debt anyone had with him before and always paid them back with 10 times interest but NOT THE ONE TIME HIS WHOLE FUCKING SECT WAS RAPED SHITLES AND USED AS BREEDING FARM?

(And even if he can't quite kill him 1v1 he can just ambush the sovereign kill him when his defense is down and then fuck up the sect. Who is going to condemn him for it? The ones he is fucking up next buhu.)
    I just hope this is the most egregious of LM's stupidity in the later arcs/chapters.
    so im in ch 715 and i just read this ch so im still fresh..after dpi moves into yypp they take their vermilion bird and agree to offer protection for 100 yrs but since dpi members were useful for yypp for double cultivation so dpi girls gets many offers from yypp students ..some join on their own wish to get medication and pills since yypp is above dpi and at that stage dpi was done and dusted..where as some were forced to marry them.as for rape only 2 cases were found..in overall power yypp were much stronger than dpi so due to lack of evidence no actions were taken in those 2 cases and yypp were still making other demands like dpi special techniques and other ....until of course LM arrives.and when he learns about this and all hell breaks loose