Infinity Tomes Chapter 92 – Always Someone Better

Comments

• Aenin said:

Playing around with formatting of the text, let me know if you guys like this format better than the previous ones. PS: someone asked why there is no more titles, it's to avoid spoiling 

The new font, if that is a new font or just formatting, is more difficult to read.
    Made it bigger, is that better?

Open to suggestions - just give me the font, style and formatting.
  • I read it through my phone most of the time so the larger font is much better. Can't tell the difference in formatting.
  • This formatting is pretty good compared to previous style.
  • So what's the deal with romace part is going harem root i mean u introduce the two girls twin and the swordsman and sprit tamer girl he left immediately will he meet all of them again? I mean he just find his actually 21 years old
  • I'm comfortable with the font style and size, and also the formating... so it's fine with me...

mmm... I dont know if it's just me but... mmm... dont you think the MC is a little bit too owesome and too lucky?
    I mean, he is sooooo talented with not only able to feel qi but to see them clearly.
    he got second reservoir from the judgment tome.
    then he is able to mold qi into any element he wanted, not to mention fuse them.
    then he is able to learn any cultivation technique to the point of creating his own by combining them.
    then he got free martial skill after saving the monkey kid, and a good one at that...
    creating out of the world specialization, 5 at that (although 3 belongs to judgment tome, but he still able to use it)...
    then he got the lighnting divine fruit with the cost of judgment tome's well being...
    then he got 2 other tome with two other reservoir and also their own specialization...
    not only that, but he also got forgoten job such as shaman and sage and other skill from vi'ta'en and co...
    and now he is about to get another skill from the drunken master du bai only by giving him a drink that the MC didnt even need...
    and all of that happened in the first 38 chapters, I can understand if the MC would get them all eventualy but not this fast. I mean, all of it happened one thing after another like a streak of luck. when he need something he got it... when he need more strength, he got lightning fruit, when he need to save judgment tome, he got life tome+mind tome+shaman skill+sage skill+other skill. now another streak of luck with drunken master's skill. and I got the feeling because vi'ta'en says he need an essence weapon, now there is a tournament to get one.

isn't it a little bit too much??

I'm not saying the story is fast paced, because it is not and also not slow paced. and I like that. Another thing I like about this story is that it is not the kind of story where the MC just kill everybody, although I dont know about the future. it's a good change of mood...

my point is, the MC got too good too fast. that is all...

anyway, please dont get discouraged, because I like the story, and hope to read it further. keep up the good work... :)

p.s: sorry for my bad english >.<
    Life is a series of choices that makes who you are today and thread your path ahead.

~~Branzel~~
  • edited September 2015
    Branzel, I disagree. The MC is monstrously strong, for his age, and probably better than almost everyone in the same lvl (except long lived prodigies like the prince etc), but he is no more than an ant in front of the real powers that be in his world , and will probably remain so for quite some time.

As for luck, yeah he is lucky, who isn't in a xanxia novel? it's kinda one of the tools of a xanxia authors use, repeatedly always. Maybe he is extremely lucky, but who's the say there is no outside influence? maybe there is a karma or similar system or an outside force that's influencing our MC, that we are yet to be aware of.

And thank you for writing and posting this story happypsych, the best original story in wuxiaworld currently in my opinion.
  • paceman, I'm not saying that he is monstrously strong, he is strong sure, but he lack experience, life and death battle experience. no matter if he got a lot of skill, but when he met a true expert with countless battle experience no matter the age, at best the MC only able to be on par with them. even if he win, it wont be so easy...

what I mean by saying 'too good too fast' was, the MC got a lot of skill too fast. this is only the first 38 chapter but he is already have ton of skill, there is still a long way for the story to develope.

as for the luck part, sure maybe xianxia type of novel just have a lucky MC, but not this lucky. as for karma or fate or the like, for me, it come in the form of inate talent and he already got the abilty to see qi and maybe he is fated to collect the tome, but not this fast. and for external force that helped him, it should come from insight or from the mind, not lucky encounter one after another. it feels like you find a gold coin wherever you go, all along the way. if we speak about tosing a coin, it is impossible to always get head without geting tail even once out of ten, because the posibility is 50:50. except both side of the coin is head.

and I'm not saying the story is bad, its good and I like the story. the originality of the story is good too.
    so, dont misunderstand, all of it is just my opinion..

and happy, please keep up the good work... :)

p.s: sorry for my bad english >.<
    Life is a series of choices that makes who you are today and thread your path ahead.

~~Branzel~~
  • I wasn't trying to imply that you thought the story was bad, I was just saying that I didn't completely agree with your opinions, especially about the 'luck', maybe I'm readying to much in to it, but I think he is that lucky for a reason.

when I said "outside force influencing the MC" I meant a person/celestial/god - maybe even the infinity tomes themselves somehow 'guide' him subconsciously in the right place, that was how I was readying into it, with a reason like this I'm fine with his rapid skill gaining, it's not like he mastered them or became invincible, I think what happypsych is trying to have Ryu learn many techniques and then combine them and invent a better technique.
  • edited September 2015
    Thank you so much for sharing your story, it must take a lot of time typing it out. I started to read your story today and I just could NOT put It down! I really do not want your story to end, I think it's the best original story on this forum. I hope they are a lot more chapters left. Keep up the good work. You really have an amazing talent! Oh and I also agree with Alvastar, it is certainly very refreshing to read this type of wuxia novel. Thanks again and I will be patiently waiting for the next chapter!

And to add to the previous comment I think most of the protagonist in any sort of story is super lucky like Naruto or maybe there is a supernatural being overlooking Ryu ;)

Anyways thanks so much for the story happypsych. I wouldn't be surprised if your story became a manga one day!
  • edited September 2015

Chapter 39 – Beliefs and Request

“Wrong! The first move “Beheading the Divine Dragon”
    requires more pure force, don’t over think it! It’s the only move I’m teaching
    you so you better get it.” Du-Bai sternly corrected as Ryu spent hours trying
    to understand the move.

Du-Bai had demonstrated the devastating move multiple times to
    Ryu, each time he performs it Ryu would engrave it into his memory. The way the
    Qi circulates, the angle of the punch, the timing of the move, and even the
    ripples in the air. What is scary about this set of moves is that the strike
    itself contained so much destructive force. If you release it with an abundance
    of Qi, Ryu didn’t dare imagine the results.

Du-Bai had mentioned that this set of moves are passed down
    from one successor to another, there are no written instructions. The more Ryu
    practices, the more Ryu understood why that is. This set of profound moves
    cannot be rationalized with common sense. Even with the backing of three
    Infinity Tomes he couldn’t comprehend it. It’s more of a gut feeling that needs
    to be grasped.

“Ho, you are a tough cookie to impress.” Du-Bai said as he
    watched Ryu perform the move right after he demonstrated again. Du-Bai can’t
    recall how many times a bystander would be stunned for hours just pondering
    what happened when he unleashes any of the moves from the Drunken Dragon Fists.
    “Your master must be someone extraordinary. The foundation that is laid within
    you is unprecedented, you will go a long way in the world of martial arts and
    cultivation if you live long enough that is.”

“Thank you senior.” Ryu replied as he attempted to unleash
    Beheading the Divine Dragon. Sometimes Ryu imitated Du-Bai’s movements,
    sometimes he did slight variations and other times he just performed what looks
    like random punches. Another whack landed on his head.

“That wasn’t a compliment.” Du-Bai said as he demonstrated
    once again. With a seemingly simple circular motion followed by a straight
    punch forward, a ripple of wind that shot for hundreds of meters blasted forth.
    “Why don’t you perfect copying what I’m doing first?”

“Martial arts are like living beings, if you only know how
    to apply them into a single situation then it becomes a dead move. By
    understanding the concepts and applying them as you wish, then your moves can
    become an integral whole that has no flaws. It’s worth the investment to
    understand instead of blindingly practicing.” Ryu replied. Du-Bai was instantly
    taken back. What Ryu said was very true, most people claim to have mastered a
    move once they can execute it. However, not many people can execute it in any
    situations and combine it with other moves. Du-Bai became silent and watched
    Ryu practiced from the side.

Although Du-Bai said critical things regarding Ryu’s
    progress, inside Du-Bai’s mind was the complete opposite. Just like Na’Vi’s
    group, Du-Bai was astonished by Ryu’s growth. This brat isn’t blindingly performing the moves, he’s trying to
    understand this profound art! This set of martial art took me a hundred years
    to fully master but this kid already has the basics down! The problem is…

“Kid… you have no killing intent, you can never unleash true
    power this way.” Du-Bai said as he looked at Ryu up and down with a frown.
    “Sometimes you’ll have to fight to take the life of your opponent if you want
    to live and protect your little life.”

“I… don’t believe in killing.” Ryu said slowly as he stopped
    his movements and faced Du-Bai. Suddenly the atmosphere became gloomy.

“I understand that you are young and believe in justice and
    are against killing but there are lots of people in the world that speaks false
    words of justice while they secretly plot behind your back. However, that is a
    skill one needs if one wants to survive in this harsh world. Against these
    people if you don’t act appropriately, the one that’ll suffer the most is you!”
    Du-Bai warned as he locked eyes with Ryu. His eyes were serious, the aloofness
    from before was gone.

“Even so I’ll do my best.” Ryu replied, holding his ground.

“You are twenty-one years old, how many places could you
    have travelled to? Two provinces? Three provinces? I’m not sure who your master
    is but although he laid an amazing foundation down for you, you will
    undoubtedly perish before you reach fifty years of age if you keep up this
    naïve attitude. When other people come to harm you or the ones you love, what
    will you do? If you let them go, they’ll undoubtedly cause trouble for you
    later on.” Du-Bai said as he challenged Ryu’s stance on not killing. “When
    killing is warranted, you must server the source of evil from the root.”

“If revenge breeds more revenge, the cycle of hatred will
    never end. If you can forgive those who have hurt you, you take away their
    power.” Ryu said simply after a short pause. Du-Bai was shocked, how does this
    young one speak of such wisdom? Even though Ryu has the Absolute Agreement, it
    was not why he had these set of beliefs. Actually unknown to Ryu who had a shy
    and kind-hearted personality, when he started to cultivate in the Forbidden
    Forest he started learning Buddhism, Taoism, and a knight’s code from the
    cultivation manuals. The beliefs of Shaolin, Wudang and even a foreign knight
    sect had given him a wide view on life. This had unwittingly molded him into a
    moral, orthodox and compassionate person.

Back in the Forbidden Forest Ryu had read the atrocities
    Alexis had committed. The memory crystals Alexis had acted like a diary so Ryu
    didn’t actually see the crimes. At first he was awfully disturbed, his first
    reaction was to have no mercy on his enemies. However, he changed his mind
    later on. Perhaps it was the increased mental capacity from the tome that got
    him thinking too much that he was able to view it from many other angles. If he
    had harmed the other person gravely, that person’s family or friends will be
    after him. If they can’t get him then they’ll just come after his family or
    friends. When will the cycle end? Isn’t it better to give the other person a
    second chance to prevent such an outcome?

Du-Bai decided to leave that topic alone. Seeing how Ryu was
    more sophisticated than meets the eye, he had a new found respect for him. To
    not kill means you’ll have countless more trouble in the future. You’ll have to
    be strong enough to protect the ones you love and stop the ones that are trying
    to harm you without killing them. It’s nearly impossible to do unless you are
    the strongest person in the world.

After a half a day, Ryu had thrown over thousands of punches
    and immersed himself into a state where he notices nothing except his own fist.
    Even if a blade were to come towards his neck he wouldn’t notice. This had
    nothing to do with the Infinity Tomes, it was all based on Ryu’s will power.
    Taking in a deep breath, Ryu made a circular movement with his right arm, took
    a step forward and unleashed the punch. There only a faint trace of Qi that a
    level 10 cultivator would have inside his fist. Bam, the tree in front of Ryu
    splintered. Ryu’s fist didn’t touch the tree yet from the wind generated from
    the punch, it was enough to destroy eighty percent of its trunk. A few seconds
    later the tree collapsed.

Son of a… he actually
    did it
    . Du-Bai thought as he stared in amazement, with an evident fake cough
    he lectured, “It seems like you can somewhat use this move now. Look closely
    now, I’m going to demonstrate the variations and explain them only once!”

Within the time it takes to drink a cup of water and eat a
    bowl of rice, Du-Bai threw out the same punch in a hundred different ways.
    “This move is to crush your enemies in one go. No point exchanging blows, you
    want to overcome them with brute force. Whether you have time to do a follow
    through or if you have just an inch of space, it’s enough to unleash this
    move.”

“Yes sir.” Ryu said obediently as he watched Du-Bai’s
    demonstration intently. He didn’t even dare to breathe until it was long over.

“Brat, give me more wine. Correcting your clumsy attempts
    are making me thirsty. Don’t be so happy, this is just the first set. You still
    have a long way before you master it and it’s also the easiest move! There are
    eight forms to this art. Since I’m in a good mood, I’ll teach you one more.”
    Du-Bai said haughtily. He didn’t want Ryu to be overconfident.

“That wouldn’t be right, you can have all the wine you want
    for free. I don’t want senior to force senior to give up more of his
    techniques.” Ryu said innocently as he picked a dozen of bottles that sounded
    rare. There were all around a hundred thousand years old and had exotic names
    that Ryu didn’t recognize.

Without looking at the bottles, Du-Bai could still smell the
    various aromas from the wine. He couldn’t help but drool. Ryu took a bow and
    turned around to leave. It took a few seconds for Du-Bai to pry his eyes off
    his treasures, the dozen bottles of wine, and use his Qi to drag Ryu back.

“Dumbass, are you really going to make me beg you to learn
    this divine art? This art was made by eight immortals in the past to slay a
    dragon! Were you living under a rock or something? No one says no to learning
    the Drunken Dragon Fist.” Du-Bai shouted in rage. Ryu’s incorruptibility and
    virtuousness was pissing him off. After a few seconds of huffing, “Besides it’s
    only been one day. I promised to train you for four days, are you making me go
    back on my own word?”

“But you said you would only teach me one style…” Ryu
    replied with a blank expression.

“You… god you make me mad.” Du-Bai shouted as he grabbed one
    of the bottle and gulped it down. He sat down with the empty bottle in one hand
    and one hand on his forehead. Ryu was giving him a headache. “Boy, what’s your
    name?”

“Ryu.”

“Well Ryu, there is something I need help with that’s why
    I’m teaching you this set of arts. Did you think priceless martial art skills
    just fall from the sky? Grow on trees? Even if you are lucky, you might never
    encounter a chance to learn something as powerful as the Drunken Dragon Fist!”
    Du-Bai bellowed at him, his spit landed on Ryu’s shirt.

“Senior Du-Bai, I know how formidable your skills are. Your
    cultivation is inconceivably deep and the Drunken Dragon Fist has the most
    destructive force I’ve seen from a bare fist. It is because I know it’s
    priceless that I don’t feel right learning it from you. I’ve only gave you a few
    bottles of wine that I don’t even like.” Ryu said honestly, he really didn’t
    feel comfortable learning something priceless over worthless bottles of wine.

“You don’t like wine? Who doesn’t like wine? Ah why me.”
    Du-Bai said as he rubbed the temple on his head harder.

“Ryu, for hundreds of thousands of years I have only take in
    two disciples. The first one was naïve and innocent like you but his aptitude
    was only average. It was because of his kindness that he fell to a scheme and
    died a miserable death. My second disciple was my very own nephew. He had
    talent similar to yours, whatever I taught him he would understand instantly.
    However, I could never read his mind and felt some sort of uneasiness. Later I
    found out he’s a despicable and heartless person that slaughters people like
    they are pigs. He even killed my sister! Yet my foolish sister made me promise
    to let him go and look after him. Here lies my request, if you ever run into
    that traitor disciple of mine I want you to promise me that you’ll kill him.
    His real name is Sho-Cha but he became a scrum working for the Grim Reaper
    Corp.” Du-Bai said with anger, he raised his voice when Sho-Cha was mentioned.

“I can’t.” Ry said helplessly.

“What? Why not?” Du-Bai looked at him with confusion.

“Senior, I would gladly do my best to stop him but like we
    discussed before I won’t kill unless I really have to.” Ryu said earnestly.

“Sigh why me god?” Du-Bai cried out, tears of regret and
    frustration flowed down his cheeks. After a few awkward minutes he finally
    spoke, “Ryu, the truth is ten months from now I have to face my nemesis in a
    life or death duel. I am not afraid of dying but as a loner with no friends I
    have no one else to entrust to rectify my two biggest regrets in life. One was
    letting down my ancestors for not passing down our heritage arts and the second
    was being unable to stop that monster from taking innocent lives. Since the
    Drunken Dragon Fist can’t be recorded down and my time is short, I didn’t think
    I could pass it down to someone with morals until I met you. As for my second
    regret… I won’t force you but I beg you, he should be approaching the Sovereign
    Domain now. If he becomes an immortal… I don’t know how many more lives he’ll
    take.”

After a long pause Du-Bai slowly spoke as he wiped away his
    tears, “I won’t force you to kill anyone. I respect your decision, I only pity
    the hard path that’s ahead of you. I myself have killed nine hundred
    thirty-seven thousand and sixty-two men. There were all evil doers that had
    committed heinous crimes. Yet the most evil of them all I can’t kill due to my
    promise with my very own sister. Killing a man will change you, if you could… I
    hope you can go through life without killing but if it comes down to saving
    yourself or killing your enemy, I can only pray you choose to save yourself.”

Seeing Du-Bai’s emotional state, Ryu couldn’t help but feel
    his heart give out to the man. He was full of respect for him since he turned
    out to be a man of honor.

• kidan1310 said:

So what's the deal with romace part is going harem root i mean u introduce the two girls twin and the swordsman and sprit tamer girl he left immediately will he meet all of them again? I mean he just find his actually 21 years old

You'll find out later :P 
  • Hi Paceman and Branzel, thank you for giving me your feedbacks on the character's development. 
    I wrote this when I was grade 8 so obviously my views on life wasn't as bitter as it is now lol but things won't go smoothly for the MC all the time... Actually this is only chapter 15ish in my written works because this is before I was introduced to webnovels which were much shorter. My written chapters have around 5k+ words, splitting them in half to release faster.

again, let me know any grammar errors - this was written ages ago and I'm not a native english speaker
  • tcjn24 said:

Thank you so much for sharing your story, it must take a lot of time typing it out. I started to read your story today and I just could NOT put It down! I really do not want your story to end, I think it's the best original story on this forum. I hope they are a lot more chapters left. Keep up the good work. You really have an amazing talent! Oh and I also agree with Alvastar, it is certainly very refreshing to read this type of wuxia novel. Thanks again and I will be patiently waiting for the next chapter!

And to add to the previous comment I think most of the protagonist in any sort of story is super lucky like Naruto or maybe there is a supernatural being overlooking Ryu ;)

Anyways thanks so much for the story happypsych. I wouldn't be surprised if your story became a manga one day!

Thank you! One could dream that it turns into a manga haha I won't comment on his luck, it will super spoil big time
  • I don't see much change but the bigger font is good for me. Do you have a set release schedule?

Also I am confused, how did he turn 21?
    And how did he get to King Domain? He was early heaven in all after Prince gave him some power.
  • layor8 said:

I don't see much change but the bigger font is good for me. Do you have a set release schedule?

Also I am confused, how did he turn 21?
    And how did he get to King Domain? He was early heaven in all after Prince gave him some power.

If you remember he was found by his GF and his age was assumed (newborn). Prince Na'vi said he was just malnourished or something so he was actually older than what he looked. Not sure if the author intends to make this factual, if he is just saying Ryu with all his training looks 21 instead of his actual age so that practitioners mistake him for that age, or if he is saying the temple people told him to act 21 since he is so outstanding at a young age it would cause problems for him if people new his actual age.

He raised to King rank in the temple from the essence he absorbed from the Prince. In the glossary there was some confusion with levels and ranks so maybe that was the cause of your question. He was heaven rank when he fought the girl swordswoman.
  • Yeah I think it was speculated that MC was like in a coma or something that stunted his growth. Not the best way to gain like 8 years of life but oh well.
  • edited September 2015
    it's only me that think that ryu need a girl to get into romance? (althought that the girl on the forest, the swordman girl in the mountain,childhood friend and the mountain peope clan girl appeared in the MC life,btw that happypsych write,our MC doenst give a f *** to those 4 girl,atmost just friends or acquaintances) romance spice any history :P

-----
    sorry for the bad english,not my main language :)
  • Chapter 40 – Against the Eight Stances of Drunken Dragon Fist

After Ryu agreed to do his best to learn from Du-Bai and
    stop his evil ex-disciple, Du-Bai set up a large formation. With his fingers,
    he drew random but complicated symbols in the air. Square shaped mirror-like
    objects formed and stacked around them.

“You know this?” Du-Bai said as he observed Ryu’s face. Of
    course Ryu recognizes the formation. It’s an Enchanting ability, one of the
    seven Forgotten Professions. Du-Bai had managed to set up a durable barrier
    within the next kilometer that is sound proof, informs him if an intruder
    passes by, and camouflaged from the outside. Ryu meekly nodded.

Enchanting can’t be learned by everyone according to Vi’Ta’En.
    Currently perhaps only a handful out of a million people could learn Enchanting
    but that’ll depend on their luck to find such a master. These seven lost
    professions came from an era long in the past, eons ago. Rumor has it that at
    one point, the continents across the world was actually one. An advanced and
    powerful civilization had thrived there and that’s where the origin of these
    lost professions came from. Perhaps they are the ones that left the tomes in
    the sacred caves. Sadly these are just rumors, no one knows for sure. The Sky
    Continent has history as far as seven hundred million years ago but even then
    there was already twelve continents.

“Pft. Seriously, what a know it all.” Du-Bai said childishly.
    He thought he would impress Ryu but somehow his knowledge and experience is
    wider than Du-Bai could ever imagine. “It seems like you know what Enchanting
    is already. Sometimes we are called Symbol Masters or Formation Specialists. We
    will be safe to practice all we want inside here. For the next phase of
    practicing, we’ll be sparring. Here, wear this garments. It’ll restrict our cultivation
    to around level 40.”

Ryu wore the garments that Du-Bai handed out. Wearing Qi suppressing
    garments made from Enchanting can actually suppress your cultivation more than
    Qi nullification from the Sage Arts but the problem is that the time it takes
    to get rid of the garment, you might be killed already.

“The Drunken Dragon Fist has eight forms. The first one is
    obviously how to throw a punch. The rest have nothing to do with fists, it was
    only called the Drunken Dragon Fist because the eight immortals that created
    this set of arts had a competition and the one who won got to name it according
    to legends. The next one is actually a palm stance called “Crushing the Dragon’s
    Head”. The difference between this move and the previous is that first one was
    purely an external art. This one is an internal one, like the name suggests you
    will be able to bypass your enemy’s defense and crush their heart.” Du-Bai
    suddenly struck the ground with an open palm and a tree behind him abruptly
    blew into countless pieces of splinters.

“Wow.” Ryu said in awe. He saw what happened yet he understood
    nothing at all. It seems like there was some throbbing force that was shot into
    the ground.

“There’s a feet stance called “Dancing with the Dragons”. There’s
    also an agility move – “Riding the Eight Dragons”. Next we have the elbows and
    knees, this stance is called “Shattering Heaven and Earth Dragons”. It also
    uses the rest of our body like head, chest, hips, and what not. Then there’s
    the claws, “Slaying the Dragon”. Then there’s a roar – “Dominating the Dragon”.
    Lastly we have “Conquering All Dragons”, Qi projection.” Du-Bai explained in a
    hurry as he also put a set of enchanted garment on. “Let’s have a spar to our
    hearts content. I even recommend you to use a weapon.”

“Yes sir.” Ryu said with a bow. Du-Bai motioned Ryu to
    attack and Ryu easily obliged. Ryu jumped backwards and spat out a puff of mist
    while throwing a few Qi blades at Du-Bai at the same time.

With a humph, Du-Bai stood firmly and flexed his chest
    muscles against the incoming Qi blades. The results was unexpected, the blades
    shattered to pieces while only a few minor scratches was inflicted on Du-Bai.

“What a cheeky brat.” Du-Bai said in surprise. He didn’t
    expect himself to be scratched, the steel inside the Qi blade was totally outside
    his expectation. The mist had already surrounded Du-Bai. Suddenly an upbeat
    music tune can be heard, it was forceful and carried a deadly Qi with it.

Du-Bai was instantly alarmed, he felt his Qi fluctuating and
    his mind disturbed. Ryu was now a three hundred meters away and still setting
    up the mist as he offensively blew into a bamboo flute. Suddenly an ear-piecing,
    ground breaking roar shot towards him. He had no choice but to stop playing the
    flute as he sensed the Qi he injected into the music getting ripped apart and
    defend himself. When the roar hit him, he already had Qi layered around him but
    he still felt the urge to cough up blood.

“That’s Dominating the Dragon.” Du-Bai shouted through the
    mist. Ryu didn’t hesitate at all and summoned the Gold Keeper right behind
    Du-Bai. The size is significantly smaller than before now, it’s just a foot
    taller than Du-Bai. Na’Vi told Ryu that if all experts used the same skill as
    Ryu then there would be Qi giants the size of mountains walking around. It’s
    better to concentrate the Qi into something more durable. The Gold Keeper put
    its two hands together and slammed forward. At the same time the ground beneath
    Du-Bai became alive and two stone golems shot out to restrain him.

“Ambidextrous freak.” Du-Bai muttered. He shrugged his whole
    body and shattered the stone golems. Then he leaned his head back and then
    slammed it against the incoming gold fists from the Gold Keeper. Bam, the Gold
    Keeper and Du-Bai were forced to take a few steps backwards.

Ryu secretly praised Du-Bai as he sensed what was happening
    through the mist. The mist was already blocking Du-Bai’s aura but he was using
    his five senses to detect his surroundings.

The Gold Keeper charged again and this time formed a two
    meter long spear in its right hand. Ryu materialized a steel stick in his right
    hand as well and charged from behind. Du-Bai instantly threw a fist strike out
    at the closer target which was the Gold Keeper. As the fist collided with the
    spear, the Gold Keeper’s right hand was flung backwards from the impact. Then
    Du-Bai quickly followed up with a palm strike that landed on the Gold Keeper’s
    chest, dispersing it. Ryu couldn’t imagine the internal damage that it’ll bring
    against a real human being.

Ryu managed to approach Du-Bai’s back during this time and
    slammed the stick downwards at Du-Bai’s head, it was aimed at a vital temple.
    Du-Bai instantly ducked but the stick still struck his shoulder, Du-Bai
    instantly sent a repelling force upwards by lifting his should but unexpectedly
    the stick contained no power and borrowed the force he just sent to strike his
    own head. He had no choice but to duck once again which sent him retreating.
    Ryu didn’t let this opportunity slip, he attacked swiftly and only aimed at the
    vital points.

Du-Bai was constantly stepping backwards, Ryu’s stick was
    like a blur that attacks from all directions. If Du-Bai attacked Ryu he would
    be struck first. Also Ryu’s Invincible Stick Technique is not any less profound
    than his Drunk Dragon Fist. The variations were endless and Ryu was able to
    connect each move after another. Du-Bai secretly praised Ryu inside his heart. Suddenly
    Ryu kicked out a Qi blade from his feet which Du-Bai barely avoided as he
    dodged the stick that almost hit his head. Then unknown to Du-Bai, Ryu had materialized
    a second stick in his other hand and secretly struck his blind spot.

Luckily he had countless years of experience so his
    instincts warned him in time. Du-Bai retreated backwards using the move “Riding
    the Eight Dragons”. It’s as if his feet had wheels underneath him that allowed
    him to glide away. Observing closely Ryu could see that there is a
    concentration of Qi under Du-Bai’s feet that resembled a head of a dragon.

What a deadly brat. He
    is insightful and fights like a veteran. If I don’t pay attention, he might
    just land a move on me for real.
    Du-Bai thought as he charged back against
    Ryu and threw an elbow out. Because of the sudden increase in speed, Ryu wasn’t
    able to defend properly and his sticks snapped.

Dropping the broken sticks, Ryu intercepted the incoming
    elbows with an open fist. He’s using the void to intercept the solid force and
    nothingness to cancel out the shockwaves. This was the basics of Tai Chi and he
    was also adding dancing into the mix. Yes, dancing. The shamans are a peaceful
    race, the origin of their skills come from nature, dancing, singing and harmony
    with the spirits. Ryu has learned from Na’Vi’s group how to be graceful and add
    rhythm into his attacks.  However, how
    can his mastery of Tai Chi be enough to counter Du-Bai’s countless years of
    experience? Barrage of elbows and knees came at him continuously. At first Ryu
    was able to push it away, alter its momentum or follow its flow to avoid
    getting hit but it was evident he couldn’t keep it up. Ryu then decided to
    borrow the momentum from one of the knee strikes and used it to propel himself
    backwards.

The ground beneath Du-Bai began trembling again however this
    time thick vines short forth and wrapped around him. Unlike the golems, he
    couldn’t just shrug like last time and use force to destroy them since they
    absorb shockwaves. This slowed down his movements dramatically.

“Son of a … It’s absorbing my Qi!” Du-Bai said in alarm as
    he sensed the vines sucking up the Qi from his defensive Qi protection around
    his skin. Na’Vi has taught Ryu an important lesson, nature is like on gigantic
    living organism that eclipses any human beings. They can also gather Qi like
    humans as well. All you have to do is immerse yourself and be one with nature
    then it’ll help you out.

With a shout, Du-Bai transformed his fist into a claw and in
    an instant the vines got shredded to pieces. Du-Bai threw a claw at Ryu and
    five visible slashes in the air charged at Ryu. There was around a hundred
    meters in distance between them. Ryu instantly put his hand on the ground and a
    huge wall of stone immerged, it was like a small hill. However the slashes tore
    apart the wall of stone that Ryu summoned like butter.

“Shit, I lost track of him.” Du-Bai swore as he sensed that
    there was no one behind the pile of stone he tore apart. For the first time he
    had no idea where Ryu is and he is fully aware how dangerous Ryu could be at
    the moment. He still can’t see due to this mist so with a huge breathe, he spun
    around and roared. The magnitude of this roar was many times louder than the
    previous one. The mist dissipated quickly as it was blown away but Du-Bai was
    instantly met with Ryu’s next wave of attacks.

A ball of fire that’s taller than Du-Bai suddenly approached
    from his left, on his right a streak of lightning charged towards him, above
    him countless Qi large blades poured downwards. Du-Bai instantly kicked
    outwards with his legs, it was like a storm of kicks. He spun around so fast
    that it looked like a tornado, only countless shadow of feet was seen. Bam,
    bam, bam, everything was destroyed or repelled by his kicks.

After stopping all of Ryu’s attacks, Du-Bai found Ryu
    floating above midair which he did not expect. They were restricted to the
    Grandmaster Domain. Flying should have been impossible. Ryu was using the
    element of air to temporary float in the air as he performed this move.

“One with the world…” Du-Bai stared in shock. Ryu right now
    was completely one with his surroundings. His eyes are closed and his Qi has assimilated
    to the environment. It’s a supreme state of martial art that countless fail to achieve.
    It’s similar to how ultimate sword experts can become one with the sword.
    Du-Bai acted promptly in response, he realize that Ryu was going for a
    finisher. He bent down and held one fist in front of him, he was going to
    gather all his Qi into this one strike.

Everything around Ryu started pouring out their Qi to Ryu,
    lending him power. Borrowing power from nature was one of a shaman’s unique
    characteristics. It was gushing towards Ryu non-stop and Ryu slowly held both
    hand up. A dense ball of Qi was forming. It was so pure and white, like a miniature
    sun that can illuminate the land for miles to come. Sensing the limit he could
    control this unbelievable powerful source of raw Qi, Ryu threw it downwards. It
    was that this time Du-Bai sent out a war cry and threw a punch out and shouted,
    “Conquering all Dragons!”

Eight dragons shot forth from his fist, they were entangled
    together into a single line. These dragons looked different from the dragon
    that Cao’Po’Li owned. There were skinnier but much longer. Their limbs were
    also much shorter. Kind of like a lizard but definitely much scarier. Like a
    deadly spear it charged forward at Ryu’s ball of raw Qi. The collision between
    the two deadly forces obviously created an explosion beyond reason. Everything
    within the Enchanted Barrier lit up, every inch of the place was covered by
    light. This lasted for half a minute before the light started dimming.

Du-Bai stood from the ground and looked up in disbelief. Ryu
    had something as destructive as that last move in his arsenal was beyond his imagination.
    Even though it took longer to charge up then his Conquering all Dragons move,
    it was still extremely formidable. With new found respect Du-Bai shouted, “Let’s
    finish it once in for all.”

Turns out that Ryu was still standing, he was just flung
    backwards from the explosion until he hit the barrier set up by Du-Bai.
    Thankfully the barrier was set up with Du-Bai’s original cultivation so no
    matter how destructive these two get, their Grandmaster Domain Qi couldn’t
    break it.

Ryu only had portion of Qi left but he complied. He shot
    towards Du-Bai like an arrow and as he approached him, he unleashed the
    Superman-Mode. All of his remaining Qi was released and he was covered by a
    layer of Qi. However, there was something particular about this layer of Qi. It’s
    as if a wild beast manifested around Ryu.

Du-Bai who was preparing a counter suddenly stopped in his
    tracks and stared dumbly. Ryu who was about to strike Du-Bai stopped in his
    tracks right in front of him. Du-Bai put two hands on Ryu’s shoulder and
    shouted excitedly, “Kid… What did you just do?”

• edited September 2015
    it's only me that think that ryu need a girl to get into romance? (althought that the girl on the forest, the swordman girl in the mountain,childhood friend and the mountain peope clan girl appeared in the MC life,btw that happypsych write,our MC doenst give a f *** to those 4 girl,atmost just friends or acquaintances) romance spice any history :P

-----
    Romance will come in the next arch, so does companions a bit later. Sorry :(

Been around a month since I released and it's around chapter 40, it'll... take a few more months before you guys see any romance lol 
    The feedback has been mostly positive but really helpful. I haven't lost motivation but spending 1-2 hour a day on average to type for you guys for the past month for fun is pretty harsh on me so I'll aim for 5 releases a week instead of 8 XD 

I do hear you guys and that maybe the MC is too "pure" and OP but since I've already written 260 chap of this (doubled from 130 because I'm dividing what I wrote in half for faster releases), it's a bit harder for me to change but I'll do my best.

Cheers!
  • it's only me that think that ryu need a girl to get into romance? (althought that the girl on the forest, the swordman girl in the mountain,childhood friend and the mountain peope clan girl appeared in the MC life,btw that happypsych write,our MC doenst give a f *** to those 4 girl,atmost just friends or acquaintances) romance spice any history :P

-----

Been around a month since I released and it's around chapter 40, it'll... take a few more months before you guys see any romance lol 
    The feedback has been mostly positive but really helpful. I haven't lost motivation but spending 1-2 hour a day on average to type for you guys for the past month for fun is pretty harsh on me so I'll aim for 5 releases a week instead of 8 XD 

I do hear you guys and that maybe the MC is too "pure" and OP but since I've already written 260 chap of this (doubled from 130 because I'm dividing what I wrote in half for faster releases), it's a bit harder for me to change but I'll do my best.

Cheers!

The OPness is fine counting that when he fights stronger guys later, him being OP won't matter much. Him being too "pure" is an issue in that he apparently can't see the true nature of evil and keeps thinking that evil doesn't exist only people with reasons for doing bad things and that if given a chance they will change into good people... that gets kind of old after a while.
  • Yeah I like the OPness aint like he wont without training and some plot armor. I do wish to learn more about Spirit Fusion though you teased us since its similar to beast fusion. I assume its summoning a spirit to make a contract with you so you can fuse. I just wonder if its elemental type spirits or beast spirits. Also get the feeling they dont die and go back to spirit world if Ryu dies or something. I don't mind him being pure but in this type of world he will have to kill sooner or later. I'm pretty sure somebody will find a way to block that agreement thing especially if they have a tome. I'm glad you also wrote 260 chapters. I cant wait for you to post them.
  • edited September 2015
    Kiba said:

-----

Cheers!
    The OPness is fine counting that when he fights stronger guys later, him being OP won't matter much. Him being too "pure" is an issue in that he apparently can't see the true nature of evil and keeps thinking that evil doesn't exist only people with reasons for doing bad things and that if given a chance they will change into good people... that gets kind of old after a while.

I think being op is fine since it sounds like he's going to slow down and adventure now.
    As for his niceness, I like how original it is but letting everyone go isn't going to solve everything, hope he comes up with a better solution.

Also what!? You have been releasing more than one a day on average? And I still find it too slow :( I am going to selfishly ask you not to slow down and speed up instead :P
  • On another note, the fight scenes are kick ass but I liked it when you describe more in detail qi wise what's going on under the hood
  • edited September 2015

-----

Cheers!

no problem, i dont thinks that MC is too OP, is true that he have a OP level cheat,but nothing like a lot of other xianxia,FF,etc, but if u think he is too much OP,tri do like the author of Xian Ni,if u dont read it, the author in the firsts chs the MC was so OP that was One hit kill,but the opponents that appeared started getting more strong that MC dont maneged get more the  onehit,the xia ni MC still pretty strong but not that strong to easily overpower the oponent(only if the oponent is a weakling of a lower level),about purity of MC,i think the MC is much pure,he even watched the recording cristal of the shits that alexis did in the past,the bully because inferno school becomes a lv 1,i dont think that a person can be pure like the MC after this all,sometime he will found a person that can resist his command or annul it,and force to kill a person,when the history arrives at this point it will become a loop in the history,since the MC dont want kill because he is pure,but he need kill the opponent because his specializetion doesnt work,since the drunken master killed alot of people,using him might be a good to change a little the purity of MC,since u will not need add a new character to change it,well this is my opnion ,it's Ok if u ignore it,it's u history anywey :P

-----
    sorry for the bad english,not my main language
  • Noooo does that mean no daily releases? :( Anyways thanks!

Fyi mc reminds me of history strongest disciple kenichi, or like superheroes that don't kill. It'll be harder to mold him into that type of image tho
  • layor8 said:

Noooo does that mean no daily releases? :( Anyways thanks!

Fyi mc reminds me of history strongest disciple kenichi, or like superheroes that don't kill. It'll be harder to mold him into that type of image tho

Ugh you had to say Kenichi of all things sighs. lol. At least our MC will cripple cultivation which is worse than death for people in the Xianxia world. Kenichi and superheroes have the same villains over and over. 
  • edited September 2015

Chapter 41 - The Phantom Ninth Stance: Dragon Morphism

“I don’t know how but you must have learnt that move from a
    consummate shaman master. Ah this must be fate.” Du-Bai muttered
    enthusiastically, he couldn’t stop his body from shaking. It was like he found
    an irreplaceable treasure.

“Ryu, the succession technique… the phantom ninth stance of
    the Drunken Dragon Fist was lost three Great Wars ago. It’s not so much as a
    stance as it’s like a transformation. It utilizes a cross between Soul Weapon
    Creation, Beast Fusion, Spirit Fusion and a few other minor techniques. It’s
    was a taboo method that can give humans strength beyond what they should be
    capable of. Do you know any of the techniques?” Du-Bai asked as he let go of
    Ryu.

“I don’t know how to do Beast Fusion or Soul Weapon Creation,
    I’ve only learned the basics of its cultivations. I know that a person can be
    permanently fused with a beast through a special process. Afterwards that
    person will have two Qi reservoirs and have the ability to partially or
    completely transform into that beast. As for soul weapon, once a person forms
    one then it can’t be changed. If the soul weapon is damaged, then so is your Qi
    reservoir.” Ryu replied as he recalled the information he got from manuals
    Alexis stole.

“Correct. However, both are risky processes. There are a lot
    of things that could go wrong. One of it being that the fusion or soul weapon
    created is for life. If the beast decides to rebel and take over your body, the
    result would be disastrous. If your soul weapon is destroyed or damaged, you’ll
    be harmed too. Also your cultivation rate would be vastly slower than other
    people’s since you have to refine two different types of Qi. Lastly there are
    the side effects… I won’t go into the details but they are not pretty. Then
    there’s Spirit Fusion, something that only master shamans in the past could do.
    I believe you know that already.” Du-Bai said as his eyes shone with
    anticipation.

“I…” Ryu said with clear confliction in his voice.

“Relax, I know that it’s a closely guarded secret that can’t
    be leaked out. I won’t ask you for it. Although both the Drunken Dragon Fist
    and Spirit Fusion are unranked skills, the Spirit Fusion is much more
    precious.” Du-Bai said with assurance.

“Unranked skills?” Ryu asked in surprise. He hadn’t heard of
    those.

“Unranked skills are skills that evolve and have a wide
    range of ranks depending on the user’s skills and cultivation. If you take an
    ordinary rank 4 skill, even if a level 80 user uses it the results would still
    be relatively weak. An unranked skill will scale up accordingly to your level!
    If I am not mistaken, your unusual stick technique and other odd shaman arts
    you used are probably unranked too. Their full potential could be rank 15 or
    even 20.” Du-Bai explained.  

“So about the ninth stance…” Ryu said slowly.

“Right. The transformation… It’s a way for a person to reap
    similar benefits from Spirit Fusion and Beast Fusion without actually going
    through the hassle and suffering from the side-effects. It was a forbidden
    method that one eccentric predecessor discovered through crazy experimentation.
    Can you guess what that is?” Du-Bai asked with a smile.

“No.” Ryu said as he shook his head. He was extremely
    curious himself.

“Dragon Morphism! Knights use their Qi reservoir to create a
    soul weapon. People of the Frozen Continent use cold Qi to strengthen their Qi
    reservoir. People of Infernia use Beast Fusion to strengthen their body.
    Shamans use Spirit Fusion to use another spirit to enhance their abilities.
    What if you can use your own Qi reservoir as a spirit and instead of creating a
    soul weapon, you use it to enhance your own body? This eccentric predecessor
    was a martial art nut, he travelled across the world to develop this method
    through a combination of other arts.” Du-Bai explained.

“What? How come I’ve never heard of this method?” Ryu said
    in surprise then another whack came his way.

“Because it’s a secret dumb one. Sadly… after participating
    in the third last Great War, the method was lost after that generation’s
    Drunken Master died. My predecessors tried to recreate the method by visiting
    each continents. They only needed to learn from or consult an expert shaman for
    the last piece. However, during the second last Great War the Sky Continent
    suddenly became reclusive to the point of being an outcast. Trade and travel with
    the continent had dramatically decreased, no one knows why. They refuse to let
    foreigners into their land and even if you are able to get in, the citizens are
    hostile. Then there’s the problem of finding an expert that actually knows
    Spirit Fusion. That’s why my master and his master had no luck solving the last
    piece of the puzzle.” Du-Bai said miserably but his tone instantly changed to a
    happier one, “Ryu I’ll pass on all the research that we’ve gathered so far and
    if you could solve the mystery and recreate the last technique then I’ll be
    forever in your debt. No, the School of the Drunken Dragon Fist will be in your
    debt!”

Du-Bai instantly kneeled down and bowed to Ryu.

“I’ll try my best, you don’t have to do this!” Ryu said
    frantically as he tried to pull Du-Bai up.

“Ryu… the art of the Drunken Dragon Fist has always had a
    two person rule. The master can only have one disciple! My last disciple that
    strayed only learned three of the stances so he cannot be considered to be a
    successor. You’ve easily learned the first stance and I plan to pass the rest
    to you. Actually I wasn’t going to tell you this but… in ten months, I’ll have
    to fight another master whose strength is probably above my own. If I do perish
    then I would’ve arranged to inform you that you are the next successor of the
    art.” Du-Bai said solemnly.

“Senior Du-Bai, I’ll do my best to help you figure out this
    last missing piece for the ninth stance but I really don’t dare succeed you.
    Please don’t give up!” Ryu said as he kneeled down.

“Ryu, in order to comprehend and start deciphering the phantom
    ninth stance you have to learn all eight stances. After doing so, you’ll be
    considered the next successor! I’ve lived for over a million years and I haven’t
    found anyone more worthy than you. You are still inexperienced but your heart
    is in the right place. Honestly, even with the ninth stance I’m not sure if I’m
    able to overcome my opponent. Please don’t let the Drunken Dragon Fist end with
    me.” Du-Bai said with his face against the ground.

“Ok, I’ll do it. Please get up senior Du-Bai. Why do you
    have to fight if you don’t think you can win?” Ryu asked.

“This person… is from an ancient school of martial art like
    mine called the Divine Tengu. Previously we had a mutual relationship. Both of
    our schools had the two person rule. We don’t interfere with the mortal world
    nor kingdoms and train in seclusion. However, an altercation occurred almost a
    million years ago when the master of Divine Tengu, Chi-Bian, murdered my master’s
    family and nearly killed me for unknown reasons. My master sought after Chi-Bian
    and fought him for over two months. In the end it was my master that lost. The
    difference between me and Chi-Bian was like heaven and earth, he didn’t even
    put me in his eyes and gave me a million years to polish my skills to fight
    him. Ten months from now is our arranged date. I’ve hit an impasse in my
    cultivation since many millenniums ago and didn’t have any hope until I met
    you.” Du-Bai said as he slowly got up.

Hearing Du-Bai’s plea, Ryu couldn’t help but feel for him.
    Ryu agreed to earnestly learn the eight stances and see if he could decipher
    the ninth stance for Du-Bai. Days flew by like the wind. The two didn’t even
    realize that a week had passed because training was so enjoyable. Sparring with
    Ryu had sparked something within Du-Bai that made him feel younger and more motivated.
    During this time Ryu gained even more experience fighting an unarmed expert and
    using each stances of the Drunken Dragon Fist himself.

“You really are a freak did you know that?” Du-Bai said as
    he saw Ryu mastered the last stance from the Drunken Dragon Fist. The original
    eight stances of the Drunken Dragon Fist took Du-Bai centuries to grasp the
    basics of each stance. However, Du-Bai wasn’t surprised seeing how easily Ryu
    learnt the first stance. There was something special about Ryu that made him
    pass him the technique. “Here’s all the information that I have regarding the
    ninth stance.”

“I’ll do my best.” Ryu said as he received an information
    crystal from Du-Bai. He quickly injected a bit of Qi inside and the massive
    amount of information was instantly absorbed by his Infinity Tomes. Du-Bai
    meditated from the side since he knew that there was a lot of information to go
    through.

Ryu browsed through the information and couldn’t be more surprised
    at what he’s reading. A short summary was listed in the start before the
    details.

• A powerful Qi reservoir is required
      for this endeavor. The Frozen Continent practices such arts by disciplining
      their minds and in return strengthen their reservoirs.
    • The ability to morph the reservoir
      into something tangible is also required. This is Britannica’s specialty.
    • Next is the ability to augment your
      physical traits. This is done by the people of Infernia through Beast Fusion.
    • To bring all three previous skills
      together, you’ll have to understand the process of fusing spirts which are like
      soul weapons. This is done by supreme shaman warriors.
    • Lastly you need large quantity of blood
      of a divine dragon.
    • Drink the dragon blood and allow it
      to fuse and reinforce your body, your Qi channels should be altering at this
      point. Traces of dragon essence should be entering you now.
    • Absorb the essence of the dragon
      but do not refine it, allow it to morph your reservoir.
    • An alternative is to absorb a dragon
      essence if you are able to get your hands on one.
    • Next semi-materialize your reservoir
      which has bits of the essence of a dragon.
    • Fuse the semi-materialized reservoir
      power with your body. Your body should now temporary contain the power of the
      dragon as its base.
    Having a dragon’s raw
    strength instead of a human’s as the base before Qi is taken into consideration…
    if you reinforce with Qi then your power will be many times stronger!
    Ryu
    thought to himself as he imagined the possibilities.

The specifics for each step was extremely detailed. The only
    part missing was how to stabilize the Qi reservoir and actually fuse with a fake
    soul weapon. Ryu was surprised at how insane this theory was. It was completely
    different from Spirit Fusion but Ryu did his best to fill in the blanks. He had
    a great understanding of how Qi reservoirs worked since he has four himself.

Actually besides the theories and research on the ninth
    stance. A brief history on the past practitioners of the Drunken Dragon Fist
    was also included. Ryu was surprised to learn that the founder of the Lin
    Empire was actually one of them. This explained how the legends of him slaying
    dragons, absorbing its powers and even transforming into a dragon came to be.

Another week passed before Ryu finally opened his eyes.
    Du-Bai sensed the slight movement and quickly opened his own.

“Senior Du-Bai, I’ve done what I can and I believe… it
    should be possible to attempt the ninth stance safely now.” Ryu said as he
    handed the information crystal back. The look on Du-Bai’s face was priceless.
    Never in his wildest dreams could he have guessed that Ryu could accomplish
    this task that countless before him spent millenniums on and making no
    progress. Du-Bai informed Ryu that he does indeed have dragon blood and he’ll
    attempt this method in seclusion later.

“You… You are a Saint?” Ryu said in surprise. He had his
    suspicions already. Cao’Po’Li’s companion Flampy wasn’t a pure dragon and was
    only an infant one but it’s already a Saint level beast. To be able to defeat
    one or obtain its blood, Du-Bai’s level must be very high.

“You really aren’t simple are you… however, you should not
    mention that word casually. It’s taboo. Only a handful of people should know
    about Rebirth and what comes after that, you need to stop showing off your
    knowledge.” Du-Bai said quietly as he eyed Ryu. Even though he delirious with
    joy that Ryu might have recreated the ninth stance, the topic regarding
    immortals was generally forbidden. Ryu nodded. It’s true, Alexis was one of the
    executives at the Death Origin organization of the Dark Continent and he had no
    idea about Rebirth and the Saint Domain that spans from level 100 to 199. In
    his organization, there is the chairman, the president, the vice-president, the
    nine heads of departments and then the executives. Alexis was an executive at
    the Sovereign Domain but he wasn’t privy to the Rebirth process. Actually Na’Vi
    was reluctant to tell Ryu what a Rebirth is, saying he’ll tell him when the
    time comes if needed.  

“Ryu, I would suggest that you don’t participate in this
    event for Musashi’s blade and just spectate. By doing so you can gauge the
    difference between yourself and the rest of the world. Although you are a
    genius, I’ve seen other monsters like you around. There are some that reached
    Emperor Domain within a hundred years, although it was someone from another
    continent.” Du-Bai recommended and warned at the same time. Actually between
    sparring with Du-Bai and Na’Vi’s group, Ryu already realized how small he is.

Ryu already put Du-Bai to be on par with Na’Vi’s group.
    After his initial victory against Cao’Po’Li, he never won again. In fact, he
    never won against Na’Vi, Cao’Po’Li or Vi’Ta’En at all during any of the
    sparring matches even after they used the same cultivation. The same goes with
    Du-Bai. After knowing what Ryu’s capable of, Du-Bai unleashed the full
    potential of the Drunken Dragon Fist and completely dominated Ryu each time even
    though they had the same cultivation restriction. This just shows how much Ryu
    is lacking, it takes time and experience to truly master martial art skills.

There’s also the problem with cultivation. It’s been weeks
    since he left the Han-So tribe and he had always perpetually cultivated, even
    if it’s not a lot, on the side. There was virtually no progress. With his
    internal Qi channels rearranged by the latest tomes, all the reservoirs will
    receive the equal amount of Qi and level up at the same time. Since he has four
    reservoirs, his progress is already slowed down by one fourth. However, he has
    three tree-like objects inside his additional reservoirs granted by the tomes.
    They take up to ninety-five percent of his cultivated Qi, this leaves Ryu with
    just over one percent of his real cultivation rate. Ever since he entered King
    Domain, the gap between each level was so large that Ryu wouldn’t even dare say
    he could cross to the next domain in the next decade.  

“I’ve lived longer than you can imagine, my family and friends
    have long passed away. My word of advice to you is think about an end goal. I
    was blindly spending all my time getting stronger but after training for
    endless years and gaining the strength I desired, I felt empty inside. Friends
    will die on your or maybe even betray you. Power becomes meaningless after a
    certain point. Think about it. If I manage to come out of my dual alive in ten
    month, I’ll come find you.” Du-Bai said somberly. Ryu looked at Du-Bai with
    teary eyes as he realizes the moment for parting was upon them. “I hate how I
    can’t hate you. Thank you Ryu.”

Du-Bai’s figure slowly disappeared over the horizon. 

• bonifide said:

layor8 said:

Noooo does that mean no daily releases? :( Anyways thanks!

Ugh you had to say Kenichi of all things sighs. lol. At least our MC will cripple cultivation which is worse than death for people in the Xianxia world. Kenichi and superheroes have the same villains over and over. 
    What's wrong with Kenichi? lol
  • it's only me that think that ryu need a girl to get into romance? (althought that the girl on the forest, the swordman girl in the mountain,childhood friend and the mountain peope clan girl appeared in the MC life,btw that happypsych write,our MC doenst give a f *** to those 4 girl,atmost just friends or acquaintances) romance spice any history :P

-----

Cheers!
    no problem, i dont thinks that MC is too OP, is true that he have a OP level cheat,but nothing like a lot of other xianxia,FF,etc, but if u think he is too much OP,tri do like the author of Xian Ni,if u dont read it, the author in the firsts chs the MC was so OP that was One hit kill,but the opponents that appeared started getting more strong that MC dont maneged get more the  onehit,the xia ni MC still pretty strong but not that strong to easily overpower the oponent(only if the oponent is a weakling of a lower level),about purity of MC,i think the MC is much pure,he even watched the recording cristal of the shits that alexis did in the past,the bully because inferno school becomes a lv 1,i dont think that a person can be pure like the MC after this all,sometime he will found a person that can resist his command or annul it,and force to kill a person,when the history arrives at this point it will become a loop in the history,since the MC dont want kill because he is pure,but he need kill the opponent because his specializetion doesnt work,since the drunken master killed alot of people,using him might be a good to change a little the purity of MC,since u will not need add a new character to change it,well this is my opnion ,it's Ok if u ignore it,it's u history anywey :P

-----
    sorry for the bad english,not my main language

I have some idea what you are trying to say... started reading Xian Ni last night and I got to say... amazing novel! If my releases are slower this week it's because this guy introduced me to Xian Ni. I don't see how he is "OP" though. He is weak... untalented... and just has that time orb/bead thingy so far. Even then he's still far behind cause he has no talent. I'll keep reading but 30 chapters in, he's still weak.
  • mushishi said:

On another note, the fight scenes are kick ass but I liked it when you describe more in detail qi wise what's going on under the hood

I feel like ppl skim over those long details. Or do you guys actually read those? Sometimes describing Qi gets so confusing lately that I've been cutting them short.