Most exaggerated power/skills/technique/magic in Wuxiaworld (may contain spoilers)

Hey guys, what do you think is the most ridiculous or exaggerated technique you've ever read in Wuxiaworld? Doesn't matter if the power come from a weapon or the user himself..

For me, in ISSTH when Meng Hao literally transform into a planet using the magic of One Thought Stellar Transformation..

Comments

• I personally find all of them fairly exaggerated. It's seems to be one of the classical tropes of the genre.

Turning into a planet, having a sword stretch 30,000 meters, growing into a 15,000 meter tall giant, crushing worlds with your hand, plucking out stars from the sky, being able to punch 100,000lbs, metal skin, healing, stealing longevity, etc. The list is endless and authors are only coming up with new ones every day.

The thing that seems a bit jarring to me involve the inconsistencies and lack of explanation during particular scenarios. The majority of the time, I don't know why this art is on par with that art, why this one beats another, why this can be enhanced and the other can't, etc. Some authors address it to an extent such as adding more swords to a formation will make it more powerful, but it's fairly difficult to understand the limitations when it's constantly being "upgraded" or it's traded for another skill that's suppose to be "better" or they just forgo using it for extended periods of time and instead focus on using others. It raises too many questions than answers.

Meng Hao turning taking on the form of a "planet" (not planet sized from my understanding) is far less striking than basically cutting planets in half using a regular sized sword and super duper strong Sword Qi or tapping someone's forehead and they explode or something. It's very situational.

• For ISSTH, the karma techniques of the Ji Clan stood out for me.

• I do not know if it counts as "exaggerated", but Lin Dong's main martial art in Wu Dong Qain Kun basically consists of summoning giant fingers from the sky to press the opponent into the ground.  Somehow.  These are described as actual fingers as you can even see the whorl of their fingerprints.
  • Greyman said:
    I do not know if it counts as "exaggerated", but Lin Dong's main martial art in Wu Dong Qain Kun basically consists of summoning giant fingers from the sky to press the opponent into the ground.  Somehow.  These are described as actual fingers as you can even see the whorl of their fingerprints.
    Yeah, and dont forget manifesting a Golden Platform.. I mean who use a platform to attack others?

• Family bloodline power boost is bullshit