Xianxia Murder Math - Does it Add Up?

With the rate Cultivators kill each other in these stories I can’t figure out how they don’t become extinct.  Almost all of them seem to be murders which doesn’t make sense.  If you had a hundred people and everyone one of them killed just one person then all one hundred people would be dead (i.e. 100 - 100 = 0). I don’t understand how cultivators can maintain their societies with such huge murder rates.   
Tagged:

Comments

• Oh, some stories are worse than others in regard to this, but usually its not every cultivator who's a casual killer; just the arrogant young "geniuses" from big sects who think nobody will ever retaliate because they've got strong backers, or the main character who retaliates despite their having strong backers (or because they do).

• I always think about the same problem haha
    and if you into account how long it takes to reach some levels, things are even more absurd. I.e. imagine a society that is extremely violent, lots and lots of young people die on a daily basis. how many people you think would be able to live until 80+ years? after a few decades, there would be almost no one living that long because most people would simply die before that, thus the population would constantly decrease. now, if you consider that in the cultivation world everyone is a mass murderer (even little pretty girls have their fair share of killing) how so many people are able to live past 1000+ years? hahaha
  • Same thought with me..
    What's so weird is that when the MC is at low level (eg: Super Saiya 1) the author was saying that the top level experts in that world (eg: Super Saiya 2, SS3) were scarce, limited and to found them was like finding a needle in haystack.. But whenever the MC, in most novel i read, reach that level, suddenly there's a lot of SS3 experts for MC to fight with.. And by a lot i dont mean 10 or 20, but like tens of thousand and millions!!!

In the world that you can incite killing intent just by cutting queue when ordering food at restaurant, i surprise how so many can live for hundreds of years and reach high level expert skill.. Hahahaha..
  • Same thought with me..
    What's so weird is that when the MC is at low level (eg: Super Saiya 1) the author was saying that the top level experts in that world (eg: Super Saiya 2, SS3) were scarce, limited and to found them was like finding a needle in haystack.. But whenever the MC, in most novel i read, reach that level, suddenly there's a lot of SS3 experts for MC to fight with.. And by a lot i dont mean 10 or 20, but like tens of thousand and millions!!!

In the world that you can incite killing intent just by cutting queue when ordering food at restaurant, i surprise how so many can live for hundreds of years and reach high level expert skill.. Hahahaha..
    It makes sense if you think about it:
    General MCs starting point= some backwater country/continent 
    "Top lv experts" in that area= common in the stronger area
    Real top lv experts in that world= only 1 out of 10,000 of the experts in the rural area.